o(^-^)o
TheKFlight
lvl.3
Flight distance : 344085 ft
United Kingdom

Hello DJI

I thought this issue would be a global issue for the UK

So what apprentley happend in GATWICK UK

Where a drone apperentley been seen flying in the airport. F***ING crap nothing was found. They made this so they Could PASS THIS LAW IN

From March 13 2019, it will be illegal to fly a drone within 5km of an airport − up from 1km.
What does this mean ?????

The F****ING whole UK. As i live near an airport. it used to be fine. Now that blocks everywhere i live.

Now that laws are getting passed and DJI is getting smashed.

I cannot fly my 3000 USD drone anywhere

I can not fly it in parks anywhere.

Best place i can fly is at the top of Scotland .

What will DJI Do about this. As flying litrally anywhere . And we all know UK cops are PR****IKS so as soon as someone does not like it. They can ring 999 say blah blah blah,

We have no backup. or anything to say so and so

DJI if the case is where i cannot fly my  drone anywhere WHAT THE HELL DO I DO WITH MY DRONE . Might as well smash the crap out of it. or burn 3000 USD . As its no use to me.

Please let me know if this can be solved in anyway

2019-3-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

This might help you: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/overreact
2019-3-7
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Are you familiar with airmap?  They will likely or maybe already have convenient circles showing you where you can and cannot fly when the new law goes into effect.

Good luck.   
2019-3-7
Use props
MassDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 894642 ft
United States

I cannot for the life of me see how a new UK law that restricts your use of your drone is somehow the responsibility of DJI. They made the drone, you bought it under the assumption that your current local laws wouldn't change in a way so as to diminish your use of the drone. You guessed wrong. I am sorry for your loss, but it isn't DJI's fault.
2019-3-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Buy a different make of drone that has far less bells and useless whistles...

Not all drones are equal, and most certainly do not contain restrictions with firmware, that you yourself loaded...

I can sympathise and only emphasize the obvious. Find a drone that will fly, and discard those, that are pointless In Your immediate vicinities.

RedHotPoker

2019-3-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is your house a single dwelling on its own for at least 50m? or, are you in a city, town, housing estate or village?
5km isnt a vast amount in the scheme of things, i was lucky, my flying spot is outside of this area, but if your regular flying spot was inside the 5km then i can understand the frustration, i would have been peeved, have you rang the tower asking if its ok? if you get the ok from the tower then i believe that they are then "under your control", thats what ive been told by PCFO's they were quite adamant, i even said but you are breaking the law, they said not so....... but DO NOT take my word for that,  do your own due diligence as i would have too if needed.

Just remember, its a law for one reason only, the safety of manned aircraft, surely you can see that. i keep saying this word a lot, mitigation, thats what it boils down too.....
2019-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules