Battery Authentication Failed
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andy420200
New
Flight distance : 10351 ft
United Kingdom

just updated my drone after fly zone update kept failing,got that finally updated using assistant. but when i went to try anf fly i got .Battery Authentication Failed message from the battery i was using.so i went back.restored factory settings. then re did up date still same issue,changed battery and that one works fine

2019-3-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Is that uncooperative battery an OEM DJI flight pack, or a different manufacturer product?

RedHotPoker

2019-3-7
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha andy,

After considering RHP's comment, and seeing if that is indeed the problem, it looks like your battery firmware may need to be updated if it is indeed a DJI OEM battery.  Do a complete shut-off of all components and leave everything off for a couple minute, then restart the system.  Does the failure notice still come up?  

Used to be all you had to do to update the firmware for the battery was turn off the Phantom while leaving everything else on.  Take the battery out and then reinsert the battery.  Restart the Phantom.  You should get an update notification.  Update and do another restart, done.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-3-7
Use props
andy420200
New
Flight distance : 10351 ft
United Kingdom

yes this battery is a genuine dji battery.and I have tried a complete shut down and resetting the update.i have removed the battery whilst everything is shut down as one this to swap batteries
2019-3-7
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

andy420200 Posted at 3-7 21:47
yes this battery is a genuine dji battery.and I have tried a complete shut down and resetting the update.i have removed the battery whilst everything is shut down as one this to swap batteries

Aloha andy,

You might want to post your battery Serial Number here on the Forum and have one of the Administrators check the Serial Number against the DataBase.  That could verify the Authenticity of the battery.  

Resetting updates and such can be part of the problem.  Do you have a second battery?  Be prepared that this "Authentication" battery might be a dud.  You may have to make arrangements with DJI for a replacement.

Anyway, back to updating the battery firmware.  The batteries are "Intelligent Flight Batteries".  Did the Authentication message give you any further instructions?

You should get your P4 up-to-date and your DJI GO 4 app up to the current version.  If it is a problem because of the Authentication problem, then you may have to go directly to DJI.  BTW, having a second battery is a good thing.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-3-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Having a third and or a  fourth flight  battery is even better... ;-)

Hopefully you can get this first battery situation corected, soon.

RedHotPoker

2019-3-8
Use props
fansc662b034
New

United States

This is happening to me to did u get it fix all lights are blinking red I’ll blink green like once then back to red and the USB port is red not green it’s a p4
2019-6-15
Use props
fansc662b034
New

United States

I got a battery Authentication failed my remote won’t charge pass half and one of my two battery’s that’s only been used 10 times won’t charge and the others one is saying battery Authentication failed I bought it when it came out payed cash and ain’t only used it a few times then put it in storage till now I just won’t to fly my drone man
2019-6-15
Use props
Beerigh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125794 ft

United States

My battery authentication came out of the blue out of one of five batteries I've had for a long time Don't understand and need help please
2021-5-14
Use props
Katherine James
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I am having the same problem with my M600 Pro batteries, worked fine yesterday morning. With no sensor on then attached the Z30 mount with XT2 on, and after that I got battery authentication failed in the DJI go App and a similar error in pilot, in DJI go the app is telling me the overall battery level, but it is not showing individual battery levels and is saying 0.0v for the voltage.

Does any one know a fix for this, I have not heard back from DJI support yet, and desperately need this drone for my work in the next few weeks.
2022-7-21
Use props
Katherine James
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I am having the same problem with my M600 Pro batteries, worked fine yesterday morning. With no sensor on then attached the Z30 mount with XT2 on, and after that I got battery authentication failed in the DJI go App and a similar error in pilot, in DJI go the app is telling me the overall battery level, but it is not showing individual battery levels and is saying 0.0v for the voltage.

Does any one know a fix for this, I have not heard back from DJI support yet, and desperately need this drone for my work in the next few weeks.
2022-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules