Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to transfer a KML file from my computer to my crsytalSky ?
14330 28 2019-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sebastien83
lvl.4

Japan

Hi DJI team,
I make a KML file from Google earth on my computer. I want to transfert it to the CrystalSky, but when I connect the CrystalSky to my computer via the USB cable I can t see the tablet.

How can I change the settings ?

Thank you

2019-3-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Sebastien83, you mean the CrystalSky cannot be recognized by the computer right? If yes, please follow the steps below to try again:
1. Turn on the CrystalSky and connect the CrystalSky to a computer using a USB cable.
2. Press the Settings button on the right side of the CrystalSky, go to the Settings menu, and "USB connected" is shown on the left side of the screen.3. Click "USB connected", the screen will show as below. Click "TURN ON USB STORAGE", and then click "OK".
4. Please try to export the KML to the CrystalSky to see if it works.
2019-3-7
Use props
Sebastien83
lvl.4

Japan

Awesome,
Thank you Mindy.
2019-3-7
Use props
Mark902
Second Officer
Flight distance : 291260 ft
United States

Hi,
I tried importing a .kml file from Google Earth Pro into Mission Flight but keep getting a “Task type error” if I try to use the KLM Import.  I am copying the data to a micro SD card that is inserted into the Crystal Sky.  Please let me know if this import function is operational and can import maps from Google Earth to Mission Flight.
Thanks.
2019-3-8
Use props
Sebastien83
lvl.4

Japan

Mark902 Posted at 3-8 03:42
Hi,
I tried importing a .kml file from Google Earth Pro into Mission Flight but keep getting a “Task type error” if I try to use the KLM Import.  I am copying the data to a micro SD card that is inserted into the Crystal Sky.  Please let me know if this import function is operational and can import maps from Google Earth to Mission Flight.
Thanks.

If you pass me your kml file I can try to import it.
2019-3-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sebastien83 Posted at 3-7 22:27
Awesome,
Thank you Mindy.

You are welcome, please keep me updated if you have any further concern.
2019-3-11
Use props
Mark902
Second Officer
United States

Sebastien83 Posted at 3-11 00:20
If you pass me your kml file I can try to import it.

Hi,

Can you share the steps?  I am able to load the KML file on the Crystal Sky, but when I attempt to load the file I get the "Task type error".
2019-3-11
Use props
Sebastien83
lvl.4

Japan

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-11 00:35
You are welcome, please keep me updated if you have any further concern.

Hi Mindy,
I ve just updated my DJI GS Pro. I m surprised that now I have to pay to import KML file from the server to DJI GS pro on my Ipad.
2019-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sebastien83 Posted at 3-15 00:34
Hi Mindy,
I ve just updated my DJI GS Pro. I m surprised that now I have to pay to import KML file from the server to DJI GS pro on my Ipad.

Before v2.0 is released, the Apple ID needs to be bound after iPad GS Pro’s non-free features are purchased. After iPad GS Pro is updated to v2.0, non-free features need to be restored before using.
Step 1: Log into the Apple Store with the Apple account used to purchase the non-free features on an iPad.
Step 2: Log into iPad GS Pro with your DJI account.
Step 3: Go to “Account Settings” and tap “Purchases Restoration” to restore the functions. GTScreenshot_20190318_194753.png
2019-3-18
Use props
Mark902
Second Officer
United States

Mark902 Posted at 3-8 03:42
Hi,
Thanks.

Mindy,

Is it possible to import a .kml file from Google Earth Pro to Crystal Sky's Mission Flight?

Thanks
2019-3-18
Use props
Sebastien83
lvl.4

Japan

Mark902 Posted at 3-18 04:07
Mindy,

Is it possible to import a .kml file from Google Earth Pro to Crystal Sky's Mission Flight?

Hi Mark,
Yes it s possible. I ll explain you next week because I don t have the crystalsky now.
2019-3-19
Use props
Sebastien83
lvl.4

Japan

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-18 03:48
Before v2.0 is released, the Apple ID needs to be bound after iPad GS Pro’s non-free features are purchased. After iPad GS Pro is updated to v2.0, non-free features need to be restored before using.
Step 1: Log into the Apple Store with the Apple account used to purchase the non-free features on an iPad.
Step 2: Log into iPad GS Pro with your DJI account.

Thank you Mindy. It s working.
2019-3-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sebastien83 Posted at 3-24 21:33
Thank you Mindy. It s working.

Glad to hear that, please let me know if there is any further issue. Enjoy flying.
2019-3-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mark902 Posted at 3-18 04:07
Mindy,

Hi Mark, are you referring to export the KML to DJI Pilot APP?
2019-3-25
Use props
Mark902
Second Officer
United States

Mindy -  Crystal Sky's Mission Flight.
2019-3-25
Use props
Sebastien83
lvl.4

Japan

Mark902 Posted at 3-25 01:00
Mindy -  Crystal Sky's Mission Flight.

Hi Mark902,

I use Pix4D when I download a KML file.
Which application do you use ?
2019-3-28
Use props
Mark902
Second Officer
United States

Sebastien83 Posted at 3-28 01:24
Hi Mark902,

I use Pix4D when I download a KML file.

Google Earth Pro file.
2019-3-28
Use props
rbijl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 695184 ft
Netherlands

Hi , DJI Mindy & Mark .... when i one up the Pilot App on my CrystalSky go to Mission Flight .... select KML import ... select waypoint .... select my downloaded GoogleEarth Pro kol file ... nothing happens .... no error ... no waypoint route ..... What do I miss here.... I am on the latest version of everything
2019-4-10
Use props
Aerial Imaging
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331519 ft
Australia

rbijl Posted at 4-10 02:31
Hi , DJI Mindy & Mark .... when i one up the Pilot App on my CrystalSky go to Mission Flight .... select KML import ... select waypoint .... select my downloaded GoogleEarth Pro kol file ... nothing happens .... no error ... no waypoint route ..... What do I miss here.... I am on the latest version of everything

Also Having the same Dramas.

Have just upgraded from M200 using ipad and GSPro to Our New M200v2 with crystalsky and DJI Pilot app.

I can transfer the KML files on to the crystal sky but they don't show up when trying to plan a flight  using KML import and they select the file location.

Am I missing a step?

2019-8-15
Use props
Skyveillence
New

United States

Why is it nearly impossible to import a simple kml file from google earth that everyone in the entire world uses to crystal sky? DJI can you please explain why you make it so difficult for the user to complete such simple tasks? I have been reading many threads and attempted many methods and I still can not import a KML file to crystal sky to create a map using DJI Pilot.  Its honestly disgusting how DJI makes the simple things complicated or impossible. Im using the m210 rtk v2 with dji pilot, unfortunately I am unable to download GS Pro to this system.  I keep getting Task type error. Last thing I should have to do is downgrade my firmware because DJI is unable to get their ... together. DJI wtf!!!
2019-8-22
Use props
Sebastien83
lvl.4

Japan

Skyveillence Posted at 8-22 09:18
Why is it nearly impossible to import a simple kml file from google earth that everyone in the entire world uses to crystal sky? DJI can you please explain why you make it so difficult for the user to complete such simple tasks? I have been reading many threads and attempted many methods and I still can not import a KML file to crystal sky to create a map using DJI Pilot.  Its honestly disgusting how DJI makes the simple things complicated or impossible. Im using the m210 rtk v2 with dji pilot, unfortunately I am unable to download GS Pro to this system.  I keep getting Task type error. Last thing I should have to do is downgrade my firmware because DJI is unable to get their ... together. DJI wtf!!!

Hi Skyveillence,
Here is how I import my kml files on my crystalsky :
Make your kml file on Google earth pro and save it.

then connect your crystalsky via the USB port and click on the quick settings button on your crystalsky (on the right side)

The connection appears on your screen, tape it

Tape a second time to turn on the connection

The DJI device appears

open it and choose a location to save your KML file.

Go back to the main screen by pressing the previous button and choose the DJI pilot.

Choose Mission flight

Then KML Import

Tape on Mapping, choose your storage

Select the location where you savec your file

Choose your file and create your mission.

I hope it will help you.
2019-8-25
Use props
Sebastien83
lvl.4

Japan

Mark902 Posted at 3-28 10:53
Google Earth Pro file.

Hi Mark,
I put the way to import a kml file on the bottom of the threat. Hope it was not to late.
2019-8-25
Use props
Aerial Imaging
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331519 ft
Australia

Skyveillence Posted at 8-22 09:18

Hi Skyveillence

I think I have found the answer to your query. I was having the same issue. In my case the reason the KML upload was not working is because there were multiple polygons/flight areas in the KML file.

When I re imported as multiple KML files one for each flight area it worked as expected.

2019-9-1
Use props
TerraSense
lvl.1
Flight distance : 218294 ft

I have a KML loaded on my Crystal Sky and I want to plan a mission flight using the KML import function.   I have had zero luck doing a KML import , every time I receive a "Task type error".  I have tried using several types of KML's both from a SD card and saved on the Crystal Sky. These same KML's work fine in other flight planning software Map Pilot, Drone Deploy etc..

Has anyone been able to successfully import a KML on DJI Pilot for a mission flight?
2019-9-26
Use props
e.blacksncgrp.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26988 ft
United States

We are trying to upload KML files that were generated using ARCMAP. Is google earth the only software that KML files will work with DJI Pilot?
2020-2-11
Use props
fansefcc756b
lvl.1
United States

Is there really no way to import a KML file into the Pilot app without getting task failure error??? This is so ridiculas. Can anyone help ??
2020-2-29
Use props
Sebastien83
lvl.4

Japan

fansefcc756b Posted at 2-29 16:01
Is there really no way to import a KML file into the Pilot app without getting task failure error??? This is so ridiculas. Can anyone help ??

Hi Fansefcc'%&b,
Sorry for late.
Have you tried to import your file following my step-by-step method ?
2020-7-9
Use props
Cyrielle
lvl.1

Canada

e.blacksncgrp.com Posted at 2-11 11:15
We are trying to upload KML files that were generated using ARCMAP. Is google earth the only software that KML files will work with DJI Pilot?

I had a similar issue but resolved it. When importing the KML is was telling me "invalid KML file". The file had been created with ArcMap and exported as a KML. This must create a different kind of KML...
Anyway, now I create a polygon for my flight area in Google Earth pro and export it as a KML and them follow the procedure explained above in this thread and it works.

I hope that helps.
2020-7-29
Use props
AtaraxiaFPV
lvl.1

Canada

For evryone using ArcMap to create their operation boundaries, I have figured out how to get it to work. First using ArcMap export the single polygon boundary into its own shapefile (if it isn't already). Using "Layer to KML" conversion tool to save it as a KMZ file. Then open the exported file in GE Pro and right-click on the added KMZ. Click on "Save Place As" and save the file as KML using the dropdown in the save window. Next create an arbitrary polygon (just a random polygon, this is needed to gain metadata from later) in GE Pro and save that KML. Now for the weird part... You need to open both the operation boundary and the arbitrary polygon KML files using Notepad. You should be able to notice that the metadata in the operation boundary is more substantial than the arbitrary polygon metadata. What you need to do is scroll down in the operation boundary notepad and find the coordinates line, copy it, and paste it into the arbitrary polygon notepad file, overwriting the coordinates line from the arbitrary polygon file. Next you copy the entire notepad with the corrected coordinates from the arbitrary polygon notepad file into the operation boundary notepad file replacing all the text. Save the operation boundary notepad file and move it onto your SD card and import to DJI Pilot App. Yes I know it may be confusing and weird but it works!
2021-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules