New to Forum
1278 23 2019-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vanousb
lvl.2
United States

New to forum and appreciate the discussions I have been able to read through for drone advice. I have had my spark for about a year. Fly with remote and love it. Notice the Mavic Pros have dropped to 700 in my are. Considering the getting one, but thought I would as those with more experience than me if there is much differnce in the two. Thanks for any opinions. Cheers all.

2019-3-7
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

The biggest advantage of owning a Mavic Pro is OcuSync, which gives a much better and stable transmission between RC and AC as compared to WiFi which is used by the Spark.
2019-3-7
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the forum.
2019-3-7
Use props
MccloudSpark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

I saw this comparison:
https://myfirstdrone.com/blog/dj ... c-pro-worth-upgrade
The best I could find was $875 USD for the fly more package.
2019-3-7
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

nilanjan118 Posted at 3-7 18:19
The biggest advantage of owning a Mavic Pro is OcuSync, which gives a much better and stable transmission between RC and AC as compared to WiFi which is used by the Spark.

Actually, Spark with FCC has quite stable transmission. I personally do not fly farther then 2 km (1,3 mi) and haven't had any problem with connection within this range if there weren't any obstacle between RC and the drone. MP has 3-axis gimbal, extended flight time and battery life time (400 time for MP against 200 time for Spark), 4K video (that is really good for editing, you easily can crop any scene or do Vertigo effect in post) and backward sensor. And with bigger drivers and weight MP is more stable against wind.
2019-3-8
Use props
MavSpa_user
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

and don't forget and that's  really important, the MP has double compass, double imu's  so no more compass/jaw error's , no more fly away's
2019-3-8
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Mavic Pro is not that different from Spark in handling. Once you are aware it's like 2.5x mass the Spark and figure how it's inertia is behaving, it's even more stable flyer than Spark.
2019-3-8
Use props
fans4730020b
lvl.2
United States

MccloudSpark Posted at 3-7 21:25
I saw this comparison:
https://myfirstdrone.com/blog/dji-spark-vs-mavic-pro-mavic-pro-worth-upgrade

The 700 comes with remote. No extra battery, but I thought a good pricepoint as it included remote. I am of fan of extra batteries but other that that and remote (that I can get at the 700), is the fly more package worth 175.
2019-3-8
Use props
fans4730020b
lvl.2
United States

Want to thank all for the feedbck to this newbie.  I have been asked to do some footage of some of my families farms. Nothing professional, but might be better with MP over my spark.
2019-3-8
Use props
fans4730020b
lvl.2
United States

MccloudSpark Posted at 3-7 21:25
I saw this comparison:
https://myfirstdrone.com/blog/dji-spark-vs-mavic-pro-mavic-pro-worth-upgrade

Thanks. Great insight.
2019-3-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, welcome to the Forum, hoping you will get the best recommendation and suggestion from our valued members here. Best regards!
2019-3-8
Use props
fans4730020b
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-8 09:28
Hi there, welcome to the Forum, hoping you will get the best recommendation and suggestion from our valued members here. Best regards!

Much thanks. Lots of great info here and some positive response to my questions.
2019-3-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans4730020b Posted at 3-8 09:33
Much thanks. Lots of great info here and some positive response to my questions.

Nice to hear that. If you have any question or concern feel free to reach us back. Thanks!
2019-3-8
Use props
Warriewoodlad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

I have also been tempted to go to the Mavic Pro, mainly for Ocuync and reliability. The price for the Platinum looked good on eBay a few days ago.   
2019-3-8
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Welcome to the forum. Happy flying.
2019-3-8
Use props
glasspaul
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148291 ft
United States

Sayhelloforme Posted at 3-8 14:41
Welcome to the forum. Happy flying.

New to the Forum,  Been Flying Phantom 3A for awhile, Got the Spark last year.  Love it very much.
Paul
2019-3-8
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

Lysak2003 Posted at 3-8 01:45
Actually, Spark with FCC has quite stable transmission. I personally do not fly farther then 2 km (1,3 mi) and haven't had any problem with connection within this range if there weren't any obstacle between RC and the drone. MP has 3-axis gimbal, extended flight time and battery life time (400 time for MP against 200 time for Spark), 4K video (that is really good for editing, you easily can crop any scene or do Vertigo effect in post) and backward sensor. And with bigger drivers and weight MP is more stable against wind.

Absolutely. You covered all the pros of Mavic Pro over Spark.
2019-3-9
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Welcome to the forum!
2019-3-9
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

nilanjan118 Posted at 3-9 03:44
Absolutely. You covered all the pros of Mavic Pro over Spark.
I didn't mention a couple of Intelligent modes in MP that're quite interesting: TapFly Free, Course Lock, PoI and Waypoints. One can get it on Spark with Litchi, but I don't know how stable it is.
2019-3-9
Use props
Jetta-The-Hut
lvl.3

United States

Welcome to the forums
2019-3-9
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

MavSpa_user Posted at 3-8 04:55
and don't forget and that's  really important, the MP has double compass, double imu's  so no more compass/jaw error's , no more fly away's

Well, fewer at any rate.
2019-3-9
Use props
fans4730020b
lvl.2
United States

Took the plung but decided on mavic pro. Found through amazon used that had cases for drone and remote. Platinum quoted propellers with extras, landing extended, a polar pro katana,, an anker connecting cable, and most importantly an extra battery. Description said 9 flights with perfect condition. Paid 585. Pretty jazzed.
2019-3-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Welcome to the forum
2019-3-9
Use props
MavSpa_user
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Lysak2003 Posted at 3-9 07:07
I didn't mention a couple of Intelligent modes in MP that're quite interesting: TapFly Free, Course Lock, PoI and Waypoints. One can get it on Spark with Litchi, but I don't know how stable it is.

That's intelligent modes is also available with the go 4.1.15 mod version, even waypoints
2019-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules