How hot has ur spark battery even been ?
1103 6 2019-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kill BIll
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25545 ft
India

Hi all , I wanted to ask : how hot has ur spark battery even been ?? like u know while charging , while after flight , in ur car / vehicle / in ur pocket ??

2019-3-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Kill BIll, thanks for reaching out. When the Spark battery temperature becomes higher, the APP will give you a notification. May I know what happen to your Spark battery? Did you receive an error message on the APP? If yes, please provide a screenshot for further checking. The battery should be used in temperatures from  0°C to 40°C. Please take note, do not charge the battery immediately after flight, because the battery temperature may be too high. You can charge it again after it cools down to near room temperature. Please tap on "Reply" button so that I can receive notification from your response. Thanks for your support.
2019-3-9
Use props
Kill BIll
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25545 ft
India

thank u very much for the prompt reply . it was only a newbie question . nothing serious . I just bought my spark n was only anxious about small things and I was expecting other spark flyers to contribute their experiences. . thanks again for the repy
2019-3-10
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Kill BIll Posted at 3-10 02:40
thank u very much for the prompt reply . it was only a newbie question . nothing serious . I just bought my spark n was only anxious about small things and I was expecting other spark flyers to contribute their experiences. . thanks again for the repy

Hi Bill,

If a battery gets hot (not warm) while charging, something is seriously wrong. The charger can get warm to the touch, that's normal.
These batteries are lithium ones, so you shold not charge them without supervision. A burning LiPo can really ruin your day....

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-3-10
Use props
Warriewoodlad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

I have had a battery refuse to charge because it was too hot (right hand battery light on), and that was at least 10 min after a flight. I use the foam box the Spark came it and I think it is too good an insulator.
2019-3-10
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9593 ft
United States

If you do not use a charging hub for your drone, then do not charge the batteries when the feel hot to the touch.
2019-4-12
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Room temperature in storage in my house and as close to it as possible in the car during transport only. The battery should remain cool during the whole charge (only the charger should be warm). In flight on a hot day I have noticed temperatures exceed 40c but it quickly cools down after landing.
2019-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules