When will the M2ED temperature information be obtained in jpegs?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mxklt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1387283 ft
Germany

It is an essential feature ...Why is this not implemented directly?  

2019-3-8
Use props
Unicks
lvl.2

Canada

My guess would be competition with the XT2 and alike. The sensor resolutions are quite different, but both able to save temperature data.
2019-3-8
Use props
mxklt
Second Officer
Germany

Unicks Posted at 3-8 17:41
My guess would be competition with the XT2 and alike. The sensor resolutions are quite different, but both able to save temperature data.

Temperature data is a core feature of a thermal camera... the resolution sets the xt2 and others off, not the embedded temperature data.
If dji really pursue this approach I am disappointed once again...
2019-3-9
Use props
Blade slap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20559377 ft
  • >>>
Italy

If you want is possible to obtain some data https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 220&pid=1788244
2019-3-9
Use props
Unicks
lvl.2

Canada

mxklt Posted at 3-9 01:27
Temperature data is a core feature of a thermal camera... the resolution sets the xt2 and others off, not the embedded temperature data.
If dji really pursue this approach I am disappointed once again...

I remember when the Lepton sensor was first available a few years ago, I managed to get a sample with documentation. I was quite amazed with the specifications because our sister company used large Flir systems on manned aircraft and was looking for a smaller cameras.

Then a few months later, there was a strap-on version to augment the crapple/iPhone cameras. I don't know where that company went, but it must have got someone at DJI thinking. As far as I was concerned, it was a toy at best.. delivering seemingly radiometric data with a low resolution sensor.

Sometimes you get "engineers" that are easily amazed by products and really don't see their actual usefulness or potential from the engineers that designed it. So that is probably why we have what looks like a Flir image without useful data. As with the phone phone version, there is no actual need for anything useful, just a toy that looks like something that could be useful and all the pretty colors that go with it. I actually remember people buying the phone versions were using them for questionable purposes anyway. For instance, getting the heat signature from retailer/banking PIN pads.. don't need thermal data for that ;-)

More data on the Lepton/Flir sensor can be found here.

U
2019-3-9
Use props
mxklt
Second Officer
Germany

Thanks for the answer!
How is it possible if no data is embedded, and what is the name of the software?
2019-3-9
Use props
mxklt
Second Officer
Germany

Unicks Posted at 3-9 08:25
I remember when the Lepton sensor was first available a few years ago, I managed to get a sample with documentation. I was quite amazed with the specifications because our sister company used large Flir systems on manned aircraft and was looking for a smaller cameras.

Then a few months later, there was a strap-on version to augment the crapple/iPhone cameras. I don't know where that company went, but it must have got someone at DJI thinking. As far as I was concerned, it was a toy at best.. delivering seemingly radiometric data with a low resolution sensor.

That could be, unfortunately, really a pity!
We need it for useful things, such as PV systems, etc.
2019-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules