First drone
480 6 2019-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lolaalol04
lvl.1

Canada

I will probably buy my first drone soon and I am looking for the mavic 2 pro. My phone is pretty old and the batterie won't hold the dji app.

Should I buy the mavic 2 pro with the smart controller or buy a new phone/tablet  or maybe the Crystalsky monitor ?

2019-3-8
Use props
Ollie Bird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1581873 ft
United States

I strongly suggest the M2P with a 6.7" I-Pad with a Mavmount to hold it. I have this setup and it is fantastic.
2019-3-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, Welcome to the forum and thank you for reaching out. We can wait for the best recommendation from our valued members. Best regards!
2019-3-8
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Go for the iPad mini 4
2019-3-8
Use props
J AV10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31686 ft
United States

Buy a new tablet because they are more versatile than the smart controller, so more bang for your buck.
2019-3-14
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

i might suggest not to over invest from the get go.
Its possible you may become bored with droning or find you just do not have as much time to fly as you thought you might and it may happen that you loose your drone. The risk decreases with experience but remains ever present.
my personal suggestion for a starter kit would be to upgrade yr phone (select one from the recomended list) and get a pair of white goggles (actually not sure if they work on the m2p) and nd filters.
others may advise differently and be right

2019-3-14
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft
Canada

I am in full agreement with Woe,  Apple mini 4 tablet,  has worked for me great.
2019-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules