Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Remote Controller Board Defect
1304 6 2019-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
erichunterdp
lvl.1
United States

Hello everyone!
I need your help with aggregating data on a specific defect in the P4P controller.

My Pro+ controller is 2 years old (well cared for) and suddenly wouldn't hold a proper charge. This dropped my flight time from 4+ batteries to 2.5. I checked the battery and recieved proper voltage, then came upon quite a few reports of the main controller board needing a solder reflow. Unsure of how to do this myself, I sent the remote to DJI, yet they won't acknowledge this as an issue (or forward me to someone who can speak on the hardware defect). There were a lot of people who encountered this issue and my goal is to hear all of your stories.

I want to thank you all for the support this community provides. Somehow, we'll figure it out

2019-3-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The solder re-flow solution is not necessarily the answer. If it were true, then it would suggest that every board has a dry solder joint as manufactured, and that is highly improbable. The most likely solution is that there is a problem with the battery itself, or the battery charge level as stored in the charging system. Re-flowing the board is a dangerous procedure unless you know exactly what you are doing, it is very easy to fry the charger chip completely. The best solution is to persist with getting the charger repaired through DJI. The problem is that most repair centres employ trained monkeys who are little more than board jockeys, find a competant repair centre is very hard. The other alternative is to try and find someone on-line who lost their aircraft and is selling the RC unit.
2019-3-8
Use props
erichunterdp
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 3-8 18:12
The solder re-flow solution is not necessarily the answer. If it were true, then it would suggest that every board has a dry solder joint as manufactured, and that is highly improbable. The most likely solution is that there is a problem with the battery itself, or the battery charge level as stored in the charging system. Re-flowing the board is a dangerous procedure unless you know exactly what you are doing, it is very easy to fry the charger chip completely. The best solution is to persist with getting the charger repaired through DJI. The problem is that most repair centres employ trained monkeys who are little more than board jockeys, find a competant repair centre is very hard. The other alternative is to try and find someone on-line who lost their aircraft and is selling the RC unit.

I don't plan to reflow the reflow solder myself but I do plan to diagnose just how big the problem with these controller boards has been. DJI has yet to acknowledge or take responsibility for a major flaw.
2019-3-8
Use props
Kennyv66
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53041 ft
United States

my original controller failed within a year of purchase, DJI replaced it with what I suspect was refurbished now a year later this controller suddenly will not charge above 79% and flight time has decreased rapidly. This bird only has 5.5 hours flight time so this is very disappointing. I havent sent it back yet due to h
2019-5-7
Use props
Kennyv66
lvl.1
United States

my original controller failed within a year of purchase, DJI replaced it with what I suspect was refurbished now a year later this controller suddenly will not charge above 79% and flight time has decreased rapidly. This bird only has 5.5 hours flight time so this is very disappointing. I haven't sent it back yet, hoping DJI will own the issue and make it right first.
2019-5-7
Use props
Kennyv66
lvl.1
United States

my original controller failed within a year of purchase, DJI replaced it with what I suspect was refurbished now a year later this controller suddenly will not charge above 79% and flight time has decreased rapidly. This bird only has 5.5 hours flight time so this is very disappointing. I haven't sent it back yet, hoping DJI will own the issue and make it right first.
2019-5-7
Use props
Kennyv66
lvl.1
United States

2019-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules