Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Finally the quiet stealth Master Airscrew propellers available !
302903 302903 2019-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
小仙女的星巴克
Captain
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wanted to order these to try out. At least some reputable manufacturer made these for our MA.
Who getting it too?

https://www.masterairscrew.com/products/dji-mavic-air-stealth-upgrade-propellers-x4-black

2019-3-8
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Captain
  • >>>
United States

very interesting
2019-3-8
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i placed  my order and shipped but my tracking number shows its still in pre-shipment
2019-3-8
Use props
Boffin
First Officer
Australia

Well found 小仙女的星巴克 . So they should reduce the whining
2019-3-8
Use props
Speedbird84
lvl.3
Flight distance : 307762 ft
Belgium

- 3.5 dB, Thats gonna make a difference
2019-3-8
Use props
Boffin
First Officer
Australia

Speedbird84 Posted at 3-8 23:52
- 3.5 dB, Thats gonna make a difference

-3.5dB is over half of the 'perceived' sound for a human ear so the improvement might prove to be quite useful 3dB.

Only people who purchase these props shall know and I'm sure that they shall report back here.

Worth trying on an out-of-warranty machine imho
2019-3-9
Use props
nixuspix
Captain
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Have ordered 3 sets. Now waiting until the shipment will reach Latvia
2019-3-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Boffin Posted at 3-9 01:02
-3.5dB is over half of the 'perceived' sound for a human ear so the improvement might prove to be quite useful 3dB.

Only people who purchase these props shall know and I'm sure that they shall report back here.

The Mavic Platinum has a reduction of just 4dB over the original Mavic and the difference in the sound from the motors is clearly noticeable - it's the pitch of the frequency that makes the difference. The MPP sounds like a large desk fan that you can't hear 100' away whilst the MP sounds like a wasp nest at 500' away - DJI rate it as a 60% reduction in loudness. So I hope these props do reduce the noise from the MA by 3dB as you will notice it and anything helps given that the noise from the MA is one of its biggest let downs.
2019-3-9
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ordered mine today.  Guess we’ll see!
2019-3-9
Use props
XAFAfterShock
Captain
Flight distance : 40771 ft
United States

ordered, for the money its worth trying!!!
2019-3-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

A CW Posted at 3-9 02:19
The Mavic Platinum has a reduction of just 4dB over the original Mavic and the difference in the sound from the motors is clearly noticeable - it's the pitch of the frequency that makes the difference. The MPP sounds like a large desk fan that you can't hear 100' away whilst the MP sounds like a wasp nest at 500' away - DJI rate it as a 60% reduction in loudness. So I hope these props do reduce the noise from the MA by 3dB as you will notice it and anything helps given that the noise from the MA is one of its biggest let downs.

Interestingly, same company makes props for Mavic Pro Platinum that are slightly lower noise level than DJI's low-noise props for MPp.

73db instead of 75db
5585 RPMs vs. 6154 RPMs (at hover)
and 2% more efficient

Myself, I am still waiting for Titanium blades.  Last longer when trimming hedges.
2019-3-9
Use props
XAFAfterShock
Captain
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-9 09:06
Interestingly, same company makes props for Mavic Pro Platinum that are slightly lower noise level than DJI's low-noise props for MPp.

73db instead of 75db

reminds me of the time I sanded our textured ceiling when my spark disconnected from the controller
2019-3-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-9 09:06

73db instead of 75db

It is amazing how much the blades alone impact on the overall flight performance of drones in terms of flight time and noise.
2019-3-9
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
First Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do they specify the materials used? I.e. carbon, plastics, etc.?
2019-3-9
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
First Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

Ordered some today, excited to try them. -3.5 db is 1/10^0.35 so around 45% lower perceived noise. That plus a few extra minutes of flight time make the $21 worth it.
2019-3-9
Use props
StevenQX
Second Officer
Flight distance : 287474 ft
Italy

This is an interesting thread to keep on the top of the page that is full filled with cutis garbage
2019-3-9
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
First Officer
United States

StevenQX Posted at 3-9 17:42
This is an interesting thread to keep on the top of the page that is full filled with cutis garbage

I keep reporting him as spam or trolling hoping the mods will do something.
2019-3-9
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
First Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

OneDoesNotSimply Posted at 3-9 15:51
Ordered some today, excited to try them. -3.5 db is 1/10^0.35 so around 45% lower perceived noise. That plus a few extra minutes of flight time make the $21 worth it.

Let us know how it goes, I got a MA and these intrigue me. Btw, what material do you think they are made out of? I am primarily curious as I know their are blades that are carbon fiber on the market, but wanted to see what made these different.
2019-3-9
Use props
Boffin
First Officer
Australia

StevenQX Posted at 3-9 17:42
This is an interesting thread to keep on the top of the page that is full filled with cutis garbage

That is an example of why I polled for an 'Ignore' button. Not to ban the poor soul, he/she/it has not actually broken any forum rules but just trying  to save some bandwidth and electrons without trying to decipher the gibberish
2019-3-10
Use props
Alex1976
First Officer
Flight distance : 556867 ft
Italy

Has someone just tried its? I am interested as Mavic Air is a bit noisy and it would benefit from 3 or 4 db less....
2019-3-10
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Alex1976 Posted at 3-10 04:35
Has someone just tried its? I am interested as Mavic Air is a bit noisy and it would benefit from 3 or 4 db less....

Most people who ordered are waiting for it to arrive. Including myself. Once I got it, I will give a review. Maybe in a few day. We had been waiting for it. For $21 worth a try.
2019-3-10
Use props
Alex1976
First Officer
Italy

Is it available worldwide? For just 20 USD i would give it a try
2019-3-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I have purchased a set of these props, but looking at companies claim for other props including Mavic Pro, they’re claim for other props fall below what they claim, also more efficiency claims fall short of what company claims.
So it will be interesting to see if they can get these ones right .
2019-3-10
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Alex1976 Posted at 3-10 04:46
Is it available worldwide? For just 20 USD i would give it a try

I am not sure, you can try order it. They do accept PP
2019-3-10
Use props
Alex1976
First Officer
Italy

I will try....thanks
2019-3-10
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-10 04:48
I have purchased a set of these props, but looking at companies claim for other props including Mavic Pro, they’re claim for other props fall below what they claim, also more efficiency claims fall short of what company claims.
So it will be interesting to see if they can get these ones right .

It will be interesting and I’m really looking forward to getting mine.  At first glance they look very similar to the stock props, not what we are accustomed to with a low noise design.  I hope they arrive before I go on the road again.
2019-3-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Oracle Miata Posted at 3-10 06:49
It will be interesting and I’m really looking forward to getting mine.  At first glance they look very similar to the stock props, not what we are accustomed to with a low noise design.  I hope they arrive before I go on the road again.

I live in hope, I think could be awhile before I receive over here, I have great time for the MavAir and anything that can help with the high pitch sound will be great, hopefully others who receive soon will report here.
2019-3-10
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
First Officer
United States

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 3-9 22:19
Let us know how it goes, I got a MA and these intrigue me. Btw, what material do you think they are made out of? I am primarily curious as I know their are blades that are carbon fiber on the market, but wanted to see what made these different.

Not sure what they are made of, will be interesting to see if they are more rigid. I know on my racing quads, the more rigid ones are supposed to wobble less, but break easier. I have had a few close calls with the stock props and clipped trees and the edge of a building and they survived it.

I hope the Master Airscrew ones don't just shatter like my race quad ones!
2019-3-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this accessory. For a friendly reminder, please be cautious about using third-party accessories that may affect the performance of your aircraft. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-10
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Keeping an eye on this.  There are several reviews on Master Airscrew review for the MP on  youtube.
2019-3-10
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-10 16:07
Hi, thanks for sharing this accessory. For a friendly reminder, please be cautious about using third-party accessories that may affect the performance of your aircraft. Thank you for continued support.

It might make it faster
J/K
2019-3-10
Use props
kovat53
Captain
Flight distance : 324521 ft
Hungary

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 3-10 04:48
I am not sure, you can try order it. They do accept PP

Yes they do, I wrote them and they answered at once. They ship to 200 countries, worldwide. I tried, ordered and at check out I found the delivery costs. At standard DPS  the delivery cost is 14 $, but there are plenty of delivery choices up 1o 85$ (if I remember well).  Finally didn't ordered I am going to travel in next days for 4 weeks and won't be at home, after coming back I will order. Perhaps forum mates will provide some "voice-result" of the new  props.
2019-3-11
Use props
Mars5150
First Officer
Flight distance : 391493 ft
United States

What about construction warranties and the mavic warranty itself (when still under warranty) or supplemental DJI Care refresh, if your drone flies away with non original Props??
Would you complain if one non original Prop fails and your beloved drone drops from the sky?

Better some muche noise but a Safe Flight or at least something you can trust in.
I stay on DJI
2019-3-11
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-10 16:07

than make an official set of low noise props, this shows you there is demand!
2019-3-11
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Mars5150 Posted at 3-11 07:01
What about construction warranties and the mavic warranty itself (when still under warranty) or supplemental DJI Care refresh, if your drone flies away with non original Props??
Would you complain if one non original Prop fails and your beloved drone drops from the sky?

if it flies away who can prove what props were or were not on your drone...  
2019-3-11
Use props
XAFAfterShock
Captain
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-11 07:27
than make an official set of low noise props, this shows you there is demand!

I couldn't agree more, the mavic air prop noise is beyond annoying, even 250ft up its audible over traffic. I really hope the new props deliver because I would love to fly my drone around more without the whole neighbor hood hearing it.
2019-3-11
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

XAFAfterShock Posted at 3-11 07:34
I couldn't agree more, the mavic air prop noise is beyond annoying, even 250ft up its audible over traffic. I really hope the new props deliver because I would love to fly my drone around more without the whole neighbor hood hearing it.

amen to that!  

side story about how bad the mavic air can be with sound: i was flying my mavic air out over a quiet area the other day, just me and my GF and a couple other girls (tourists taking a break) in this area...we could  hear my mavic air over 2500 feet away...all of us..  the air was so still and area is so quiet, had fresh snow cover as well helping to dampen sound more.  2500 feet and that was outbound in sport mode.... in bound my GF and 1 other girls mentioned they heard it and i was still racing back in sport mode at over 3100 feet away when they called it.. i heard it around 2000 foot mark.  given how still the air was i decided to launch it up, straight up and see how far up it has to go before we cant hear it.. im in P mode doing this so slower but less noisy in theory...sh*t you not 650 feet up still hearing it and i decided to bring it back down.    no air traffic over this area, like ever unless an emergency but still... not going to go full stupid...
2019-3-11
Use props
cutis
Captain
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

it will strain motor which is ampere burst design will handle, but like hot rod car, things will get used up quicker.
2019-3-11
Use props
cutis
Captain
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

also too, greater accelerational forces will be experience by the craft especially in prompt reversal direction, halts, and descent will be delayed more.
2019-3-11
Use props
fansc8b00095
Second Officer
Flight distance : 174885 ft
Austria

A first test:

2019-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules