Finally the quiet stealth Master Airscrew propellers available !
24302 167 2019-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kovat53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324521 ft
Hungary

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 3-14 14:38
I just received mine.
Thanks Master Airscrew!
Going for some test flight now

Would you share your opinion please?
2019-3-14
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

kovat53 Posted at 3-14 22:39
Would you share your opinion please?

I only did a short flight yesterday, high wind velocity warning. as everyone who have the MAS said its quieter than stock. I live in urban City, so these Props help a lot on the noise level. So far like it, except the motor current error pop up. I will do a long range flight in the City when the wind calm down.
2019-3-15
Use props
S18LOK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 389577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Will these effect warranty with DJI if anything happens to you drone?
2019-3-15
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Hungary

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 3-15 05:47
I only did a short flight yesterday, high wind velocity warning. as everyone who have the MAS said its quieter than stock. I live in urban City, so these Props help a lot on the noise level. So far like it, except the motor current error pop up. I will do a long range flight in the City when the wind calm down.

Thank you for your reply, appreciate it. Anyway if you had some more flight with the new props please share the results with us.
2019-3-15
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790814 ft
United States

Well done!

And that's exactly what I was looking for to support what I suspected from the beginning:

The difference is negligible.

I won't waste my money.

2019-3-15
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

it seems to me, from the video, the drone is less responsive too with lower dbi props.  can watch the up and down test.
2019-3-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

S18LOK Posted at 3-15 06:03
Will these effect warranty with DJI if anything happens to you drone?

If third party props cause the crash No warranty, if craft malfunction then your warranty should be ok .
2019-3-15
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got my set today, will try them tomorrow
2019-3-15
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mars5150 Posted at 3-11 07:01
What about construction warranties and the mavic warranty itself (when still under warranty) or supplemental DJI Care refresh, if your drone flies away with non original Props??
Would you complain if one non original Prop fails and your beloved drone drops from the sky?

I had a stock mavic pro failed on me from 200 ft up, luckily it landed on a thick bush.  Yeah, stock props fail as well.
2019-3-15
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

It would be nice to have some really quiet props, so as not to bother wildlife while doing a video.
2019-3-15
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

HH1 Posted at 3-15 17:51
It would be nice to have some really quiet props, so as not to bother wildlife while doing a video.

the master airscrew props i recommend.    just got mine the other day i done bunch of flights, much quieter sounding... not sure how animals may or may not like it, haven't tried it. its still physically loud, just a different pitch/sound.  but judging from how birds and the few wasps i found been acting when im flying around them somewhat,  they seem less bothered by it    rip one wasp though, i kinda got too close to her/his spot investigating if i could p*ss em off (i legit was 6 inches from the nest that building)...and she/he leaped into my prop and got turned into a fine mist that has to wipe off after my flight..

i have done human experiments and the differance is amazing!   slow creep 50-55 feet up with no wind in slightly busy area some passing cars, people talking, but not loud over al... my  mavic air vanishes..   out of the around 30 families at this restaurant and bar i targeted at random to hover over and gently move around above them, only 5 noticed/pointed/waved.    i done this same testing for lols with stock props and results almost flipped... everyone at least looked up many pointed and waved..     not scientific but the noise floor is higher then back country woods and the master airscrew stealth props blended in even though urban area... the stock props stood out... where has best chances of blending in..       however in sport mode and racing around, or in P mode but pushing up and away i would say 80% (estimated) people noticed as expected....

2019-3-15
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Well I said I was going to go out and try out my new Master Airscrew props tomorrow, but I decided to try them on tonight when it is nice and quiet out there and the results is simply WOW and amazing.  It is a day night difference.  It is no longer embarrassing to fly the mavic air.  Great job Master Airscrew!
2019-3-15
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 3-15 05:47
I only did a short flight yesterday, high wind velocity warning. as everyone who have the MAS said its quieter than stock. I live in urban City, so these Props help a lot on the noise level. So far like it, except the motor current error pop up. I will do a long range flight in the City when the wind calm down.

ya dji needs to optimize propulsion system to even things out a bit, but i find that these new props are far more stable with wind as well, not knocking into end of my gimbal as easily.   

as for high wind warnings, mine seem justified as most of mine have occured when there is wind and im flying into it mostly.  
2019-3-15
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bluehook Posted at 3-15 09:32
Well done!

And that's exactly what I was looking for to support what I suspected from the beginning:

if all you are measuring is sound pressure levels then yea, only a few DB drop.. but if measuring frequency curves and how well the sound blends into surroundings,  its noticeable better !  i will not be going back to stock dji props for any real usage anymore..  

as for "saving money"  they are $24 shipped in the US without a discount code... thats around same price as dji's stock props directly from DJi, shipped.. since dji only sells them in pairs as far as i could find, have to by them x2 as well to get replacement set...    plus master airscrew been around since 80s making some of the best props and are among the most well reguarded prop makers in the industry..
2019-3-15
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-15 19:25
if all you are measuring is sound pressure levels then yea, only a few DB drop.. but if measuring frequency curves and how well the sound blends into surroundings,  its noticeable better !  i will not be going back to stock dji props for any real usage anymore..  

Good points.

There are also the CamKix aftermarket props - they're like $8 bucks delivered for 4 props and some users say they're the same as OEM.

Any experience with those?
2019-3-15
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bluehook Posted at 3-15 20:21
Good points.

There are also the CamKix aftermarket props - they're like $8 bucks delivered for 4 props and some users say they're the same as OEM.

ya, they are the brand i got with gold tips i think, i dont recommend..  i know they rated fairly well, but in my experience they slightly unbalanced (very small vibrations) and the props appear to be too flexible on the biting edge means it seems to chew up more battery than the OEM props by little bit..  also i find they are less stable in the wind causes my mavic air to get pushed around more and the angle i achieved in sport mode once scared me, i was very near tilt limit i think..
2019-3-15
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-15 19:25
if all you are measuring is sound pressure levels then yea, only a few DB drop.. but if measuring frequency curves and how well the sound blends into surroundings,  its noticeable better !  i will not be going back to stock dji props for any real usage anymore..  

A few dB is quite a bit. As the Db (decibel) scale is logarithmic, a 3dB reduction is half as loud.

"plus master airscrew been around since 80s making some of the best props and are among the most well reguarded prop makers in the industry.." Yep that's what I also figured

Master Airscrew have been making props for much longer than DJI have been making drones.

Personally (from a model aircraft racing point of view), APC make even better/more efficient props than Master Airscrew and it would be interesting to see what that company could come up with if they were inclined to develop some after market props for DJI machines APC Props
2019-3-15
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Boffin Posted at 3-15 23:02
A few dB is quite a bit. As the Db (decibel) scale is logarithmic, a 3dB reduction is half as loud.

"plus master airscrew been around since 80s making some of the best props and are among the most well reguarded prop makers in the industry.." Yep that's what I also figured

true that decibels are non linear measurements and a few db lower  is effectively halving, but still in relative terms... the number seems unimpressive but the reality is very impressive ;D

i would love it is other prop makers like APC get into this game of making better dji props than dji themselves, and compete
2019-3-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lucas775 Posted at 3-15 19:12
Well I said I was going to go out and try out my new Master Airscrew props tomorrow, but I decided to try them on tonight when it is nice and quiet out there and the results is simply WOW and amazing.  It is a day night difference.  It is no longer embarrassing to fly the mavic air.  Great job Master Airscrew!

Sounds encouraging mate - I knew they'd make a difference.
2019-3-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Well I said I was going to go out and try out my new Master Airscrew props tomorrow, but I decided to try them on tonight when it is nice and quiet out there and the results is simply WOW and amazing.  It is a day night difference.  It is no longer embarrassing to fly the mavic air.  Great job Master Airscrew!

Good thanks for getting back .
2019-3-16
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Hungary

Hi Lucas775,
so you say MAAair is much more silent with Master Airscrew props. Good to hear.
I am just asking because my son's M2P is really silent  related to MA and this fact sours. At the same time I love MA very much, and if Master Airscrew props make MA enough silent I won't change it for M2P. Being hobbyist distance possibility doesn't have too  much roll, I am satisfied with its capability, only the noise is a huge disadvantage.  Thank you.
2019-3-16
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well,  its definitely more quiet than before. You have to fly outdoors.
2019-3-16
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-15 20:43
ya, they are the brand i got with gold tips i think, i dont recommend..  i know they rated fairly well, but in my experience they slightly unbalanced (very small vibrations) and the props appear to be too flexible on the biting edge means it seems to chew up more battery than the OEM props by little bit..  also i find they are less stable in the wind causes my mavic air to get pushed around more and the angle i achieved in sport mode once scared me, i was very near tilt limit i think..

That's them, exactly.

They DO look like the OEM's - with Chinese stuff, it IS possible that they're made in the same factory and are just branded differently.  It's also possible that the molds were ripped-off and some guy is manufacturing these in his garage -- but it appears that they do, in fact, come from the same mold.

2019-3-16
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

kovat53 Posted at 3-16 03:37
Hi Lucas775,
I am just asking because my son's M2P is really silent  related to MA and this fact sours. At the same time I love MA very much, and if Master Airscrew props make MA enough silent I won't change it for M2P. Being hobbyist distance possibility doesn't have too  much roll, I am satisfied with its capability, only the noise is a huge disadvantage.  Thank you.

It’s quieter then before, but not even close to M2P quiet.  I would say closer to my Spark, but still a bit louder.   Given how loud it was before, I deem it acceptable.  The flight characteristics are a bit odd though...
2019-3-16
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 3-16 06:47
It’s quieter then before, but not even close to M2P quiet.  I would say closer to my Spark, but still a bit louder.   Given how loud it was before, I deem it acceptable.  The flight characteristics are a bit odd though...

quieter than the spark for sure.   ironically my friend with a spark went flying with me this morning, he just got it used for $200 with remote and 2 batteries.  but the spark was much louder side by side LOL
2019-3-16
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bluehook Posted at 3-16 06:08
That's them, exactly.

They DO look like the OEM's - with Chinese stuff, it IS possible that they're made in the same factory and are just branded differently.  It's also possible that the molds were ripped-off and some guy is manufacturing these in his garage -- but it appears that they do, in fact, come from the same mold.

alot of  props look identical..    but make sure when you get them that you feel them, camkix props and maybe a few other companies) in my opinion are too flexible and have softer biting edges...
2019-3-16
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-16 08:09
quieter than the spark for sure.   ironically my friend with a spark went flying with me this morning, he just got it used for $200 with remote and 2 batteries.  but the spark was much louder side by side LOL

Sorry, I disagree.  Still louder then the Spark.  Flew them both yesterday.  Especially at 100ft up.
2019-3-16
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 3-16 08:13
Sorry, I disagree.  Still louder then the Spark.  Flew them both yesterday.  Especially at 100ft up.

maybe you have defective ones or something?  are the buzzy?  do the props fit into quick release very tightly with no play/wiggle at all?    thats what happened with my anafi prop mod, the fairly queit but the adapter has small amount of play just enough that it can wiggly around a few mm once mounted, just enough that buzzes and ruins it and makes it feel loud again..

could be my hearing isnt what it used to be, however.. lot of people who confirmed much quieter, from neighbors who know how stock one screams, to my GF who got radar like hearing (she could seriously hear my mavic air on stock props almost a mile away once!) to random friends hanging out with..  and everyone agrees with these props my mavic air effectively vanaishes not very far away..   my friend with his spark, it sounded exactly as i remebered it did and we both agreeds that my mavic air was much quieter.  he even said "ya know what it reminds me of... your mavic pro on those winglet props...uhhh..man"   kinda agree with that assessement, but not entirely, it blends in the same way, no buzzing and it seems to vanish quickly if not looking for it.
2019-3-16
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nah, just louder to me.
2019-3-16
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 3-16 08:38
Nah, just louder to me.

curious now, if my hearing is going shotty now and im missing certain range of frequencies from my hearing..    because my experience was so different!     

could you upload a video of your props in action as well as spark sometime?   
2019-3-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I think the claim is they are half the sound of orignal, which would add up to approx 3.5 dB ?
2019-3-16
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Hungary

Really thanks for your valuable and honest information.
2019-3-16
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

just noticed you mentioned flight characteristics....  what changed?     i would say for me, nothing really changed, if anything its more stable and more linear..  specially with wind, less movement of the aircraft and more leaning into it gently to counter it that was something i noticed too... not perfect still gets pushed around a bit when it doesnt anticipate changes, but its better than stock props..   it flies just as fast, stops little quicker, when flying into the wind in sport mode, not knocking end of the gimbal as much as stock props interm sof roll pitch, its more shallow so less gimbal knock from that as well.. uhm..yea other than that not much differant.
when i say gimbal knock what i mean is it nailing the end of the gimbal limit and being pushed forcefully around usually once aricraft evebts out, the gimbal either slow to zer back out comparitively to aricraft or it stays wher it was pushed...   stock props have an issue with forward gimbal knock in sport more when fighting the wind.. they knock end of the gimbal limit then when aircraft settles the pitch of the gimbal is usually no zeroed back exactly wher eyou had it and few degrees short or very slow yo zero back out after settling.  havent experianced this with these new props....even if im at end of the gimbal limit the gimbal not being knocked around
2019-3-16
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-16 10:09
just noticed you mentioned flight characteristics....  what changed?     i would say for me, nothing really changed, if anything its more stable and more linear..  specially with wind, less movement and more leaning into it to counter it.

I’m getting a lot of motor current errors in Sport mode,  and I feel the drone isn’t nearly as instant to react.
2019-3-16
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 3-16 10:18
I’m getting a lot of motor current errors in Sport mode,  and I feel the drone isn’t nearly as instant to react.

i dont get alot of them myself, i gotten a few but very brief and easy to miss, nothing im worried about..

in term of reaction times, i think its comparable to stock props on acceleration if its any slower its very tiny differance.. i couldn't say any faster at punching but i wouldnt say any slower either.. reacting speeds though i find it faster..  so much so i get occasional ESC juddering on lift off from sport mode when its trying to stop..     reaction time with rolling side to side i think is faster, less pitch in the craft maybe? but its faster and countering and going the other direction, stock props take a couple second to rebound and go the other way..

only oddity i have well 2 is occassional ESC judder cuz not execting the props to be that effeceint and attempting zero it back out..  flying into the wind it doesnt seem to use 100% power.. seems artifically speed limited when senses wind that fighting.  not sure why but seems stock props and these are around same speed flyign into the wind... however stock props using close to if nto 100% power if fully pushing them and thus getting max motor speed alerts... and these using around  60-70% power..and never reached max motor speed legit flying..  no idea why or what it means.. maybe based on tilt limit or something, i dont know?  
2019-3-16
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-16 10:23
i dont get alot of them myself, i gotten a few but very brief and easy to miss, nothing im worried about..

in term of reaction times, i think its comparable to stock props on acceleration if its any slower its very tiny differance.. i couldn't say any faster at punching but i wouldnt say any slower either.. reacting speeds though i find it faster..  so much so i get occasional ESC juddering on lift off from sport mode when its trying to stop..     reaction time with rolling side to side i think is faster, less pitch in the craft maybe? but its faster and countering and going the other direction, stock props take a couple second to rebound and go the other way..

Yeah, the judders are odd, but not concerning.  The esc’s will probably never be tuned correctly for these props.
2019-3-16
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 3-16 01:03
Sounds encouraging mate - I knew they'd make a difference.

They won't disappoint you!
2019-3-16
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-16 02:20
Good thanks for getting back .

Very happy I made the decision to purchase these.
2019-3-16
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

kovat53 Posted at 3-16 03:37
Hi Lucas775,
I am just asking because my son's M2P is really silent  related to MA and this fact sours. At the same time I love MA very much, and if Master Airscrew props make MA enough silent I won't change it for M2P. Being hobbyist distance possibility doesn't have too  much roll, I am satisfied with its capability, only the noise is a huge disadvantage.  Thank you.

Master airscrew won't disappoint and I didn't get any warnings while flying with them.
2019-3-16
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks to the OP for pointing these props out, and to the people who've taken the plunge and ordered a set to try them. The comments seem mixed, but I thought I'd join the thrill-seekers. I've ordered a couple of sets myself.

For the benefit of my AUS compardes, 2 sets delivered to Australia is currently ~AUS$85.
2019-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules