Audio Issues ( Bad Audio )
831 9 2019-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KING_PALM
lvl.1
United States

Like most people with audio issues everything was fine and dandy up until trying to record tonight.
Pulled footage and all my audio is distorted like a robot. Reset the unit a few times and messed with the setting in camera and throguh my phone.

Wondering if the mic decided to just decide to die.

2019-3-9
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Have you swapped out memory cards or formatting the existing card in the camera?

What memory cards are you using?

2019-3-9
Use props
KEN5423
lvl.3
United States

Was your finger over the mic hole?
2019-3-9
Use props
KING_PALM
lvl.1
United States

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 3-9 04:23
Have you swapped out memory cards or formatting the existing card in the camera?

What memory cards are you using?

Sandisk Extreme Plus
and tried a Sandisk other confirmed good in other units and reformatted in this unit.
2019-3-9
Use props
KING_PALM
lvl.1
United States

KEN5423 Posted at 3-9 08:42
Was your finger over the mic hole?

I made sure that wasnt the case... I think the mic is blown out!
2019-3-9
Use props
KING_PALM
lvl.1
United States

Here is a quick upload of how im holding it.. and the test clip.

Looks like ill be using this thing as a C role camera until monday when i can reach out to DJI .

2019-3-9
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

KING_PALM Posted at 3-9 10:32
Here is a quick upload of how im holding it.. and the test clip.

Looks like ill be using this thing as a C role camera until monday when i can reach out to DJI .

Certainly sounds like the op-amp has gone or it's power rail. I doubt you could blow the mic. Raise a support request with Dji. I would be surprised if it wasn't a warranty issue.
2019-3-9
Use props
Cool h
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Have you updated the firmware before it happened? After upating the FW my pocket sound exactly like yours, sent it back and they said the motherboard was damaged. It was not the microphone,.
2019-3-10
Use props
KING_PALM
lvl.1
United States

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 3-9 11:16
Certainly sounds like the op-amp has gone or it's power rail. I doubt you could blow the mic. Raise a support request with Dji. I would be surprised if it wasn't a warranty issue.

I will do!
2019-3-10
Use props
gerry.ryall
New

Canada

I'm having this precise issue. Was making recordings for an online class, 4 recording went fine, the next 4 and all tests since have sounded like this. I've updated the firmware, formatted the Sandisk memory card, no improvement. I can confirm that nothing was covering the mic holes for the initial recordings (it was laid on a platform) or for the tests following (I was holding it and paying attention to the mic holes). Was a solution ever found to this issue?
2020-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules