Mavic pro vs air
1502 7 2019-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4730020b
lvl.2
United States

have been researching moving from my dji spark to the mavic pro as it has dropped in price locally  to 700 which includes remote (I assume the pro 2 is the price drop reason). A friend suggested looking into a mavic Air. I have seen the spec difference but find  discussion from experienced fliers a huge benefit in finding things out. I do some family farm fly overs for my in laws and neighbors as well as recreational flying. Do any of you have any thoughts on the differences between the mavic pro and the air? Thanks a ton for the forum and comments.
2019-3-9
Use props
Droningalex (Alex B.)
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I prefer the Mavic Pro, ocusync is just amazing and WiFi is crap!

Fly safely
Droningalex aka Alex B.
2019-3-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have to agree Ocusync is what you want. The MA is an awesome bird

but the MP is a different beast.
2019-3-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, we do appreciate your interest in our products. Both Mavic pro and Mavic air are great drones, personally, i love the Mavic Air since it is more portable. I will be posting a link where you can compare both Drones for comparison. Hope this can help you decide.  Thanks for your support.

https://www.dji.com/products/com ... =brandsite&from=nav
2019-3-9
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

The Mavic Pro has a much longer flight time than the Air. The Mavic Air has a smaller battery resulting in a very limited flight time. That is the biggest difference of the two drones. Personally I couldn't live with a drone with a battery as short at the Mavic Air. The Air is great if you want to get it up and snap a few selfies, but the Pro is better for real flying. Some say the Air is more portable, this is only true in a mathematical sense when you compare measurements. Fact is, my Mavic Pro's bag fits almost anywhere. I take it with me on the motorcycle where space is limited and it's not a problem. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of both the Air and the Pro, but if you can get a good deal on the Pro, I'd go for it. Also don't forget to look at the Mavic Pro Platinum, it's even got a couple of more minutes flight time than the original Mavic Pro. Hope my opinion helps, but it's just an opinion. Compare specs and price and make your decision.
2019-3-9
Use props
fanse8465bec
lvl.2
United States

I chose the Mavic Pro because it has Ocusync for control.
2019-3-9
Use props
fans4730020b
lvl.2
United States

Took the plung with a mavic pro.  Decided on  pre owned with just 9 flights logged. Included remote, anker connect cable, extra battery, nd8 polarpro lens, polar pro katana, set of low noise propellers, cases for drone and remote. For under 600. Pretty jazzed.
2019-3-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans4730020b Posted at 3-9 20:56
Took the plung with a mavic pro.  Decided on  pre owned with just 9 flights logged. Included remote, anker connect cable, extra battery, nd8 polarpro lens, polar pro katana, set of low noise propellers, cases for drone and remote. For under 600. Pretty jazzed.

Good to know that. Looking forward on seeing your work here in DJI Forum. Enjoy and always have a safe flight!
2019-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules