Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Assistant 2 will not open
12Next >
11328 72 2019-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nywrecker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 832421 ft
United States

All of a sudden when I try to open the program I get the error shown below. It never happened in the past and I have not made any changes to my PC (I am the local admin).
I tried downloading the software for a clean install and keep getting the same message.
How can I get this resolved?
IMG_1072.jpg IMG_1072.jpg
2019-3-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Nywrecker, my apologies for the trouble. The anti-virus software is reporting false positives. If the installation file is downloaded from the official website, you can install DJI Assistant 2 with peace of mind. I suggest you disable your anti virus software for the time of the installation. You can re download DJI Assistant 2 using this link: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads and reinstall it. Should you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us. Thanks for your continued support.
2019-3-9
Use props
nywrecker
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-9 08:55
Hi Nywrecker, my apologies for the trouble. The anti-virus software is reporting false positives. If the installation file is downloaded from the official website, you can install DJI Assistant 2 with peace of mind. I suggest you disable your anti virus software for the time of the installation. You can re download DJI Assistant 2 using this link: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads and reinstall it. Should you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us. Thanks for your continued support.

Hi, I disabled the antivirus and still cannot install the application. Same error...
2019-3-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

nywrecker Posted at 3-9 09:07
Hi, I disabled the antivirus and still cannot install the application. Same error...

Hi Nywrecker, sorry to know that. I would like to know the operating system you are currently using in your computer. If you have a different PC/ Laptop that you can use, please try to install DJI Assistant 2 so that we can isolate the issue. Thanks for your support.
2019-3-9
Use props
nywrecker
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-9 09:13
Hi Nywrecker, sorry to know that. I would like to know the operating system you are currently using in your computer. If you have a different PC/ Laptop that you can use, please try to install DJI Assistant 2 so that we can isolate the issue. Thanks for your support.

Windows 10 with the latest updates.
I have run the DJI Assistant many times without any problem.
I do not have another compute to try.
2019-3-9
Use props
nywrecker
lvl.4
United States

I disabled it and still the same error...
2019-3-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

nywrecker Posted at 3-9 09:15
Windows 10 with the latest updates.
I have run the DJI Assistant many times without any problem.
I do not have another compute to try.

My apologies for the late response. I will forward this concern to our designated team and I will give you a feedback as soon as possible. Appreciate your patience and support.
2019-3-9
Use props
jojo09
lvl.1
France

Hi,
Same trouble here since today. Waiting for a update as windows did allow me to open dji assistant 2

2019-3-10
Use props
Rcplanedude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117900 ft
United States

this worked for me you have to disable UAC in the registry https://community.spiceworks.com ... e-uac-on-windows-10
2019-3-10
Use props
terrordbn
lvl.1
United States

I have this EXACT same issue on a Windows10 system with the latest updates.  

DJIAssitantError.JPG

error

error
2019-3-10
Use props
terrordbn
lvl.1
United States

Apologies for the multiple images in the previous post...  Obviously I am not familiar with this forums inteface...   The above is with UAC set to the lowest setting...

Aaron
2019-3-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

jojo09 Posted at 3-10 11:37
Hi,
Same trouble here since today. Waiting for a update as windows did allow me to open dji assistant 2

Sorry to hear that. I'm still verifying this concern to our related team to check what is the main reason of this. Kindly wait for an update, thank you!
2019-3-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

terrordbn Posted at 3-10 12:28
I have this EXACT same issue on a Windows10 system with the latest updates.  [view_image]

Sorry to know that. There's a possibility that the main problem is on the Windows 10 update. For the meantime, you can try to use a different computer or a different operating system to isolate the issue. As of the moment, I'm still clarifying this to our designated team. Appreciate you patience, thank you.
2019-3-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

terrordbn Posted at 3-10 12:34
Apologies for the multiple images in the previous post...  Obviously I am not familiar with this forums inteface...   The above is with UAC set to the lowest setting...

Aaron

No worries at all, I'll give you a feedback as soon as possible. Thank you.
2019-3-10
Use props
nywrecker
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-10 14:52
No worries at all, I'll give you a feedback as soon as possible. Thank you.

I was finally able to install the application by doing registry modification that bypasses the user Account Control.
Once the DJI assistant was installed, I revert back to the original config.
2019-3-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

nywrecker Posted at 3-10 16:40
I was finally able to install the application by doing registry modification that bypasses the user Account Control.
Once the DJI assistant was installed, I revert back to the original config.

Glad to know that you were able to find a way to resolve the issue. It is probably due to Window's update, which I am not sure yet. Anyway, should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks for choosing DJI!
2019-3-10
Use props
jojo09
lvl.1
France

Hi nywrecker, still struggling with the same problem. How do you solve it?
See U
joel
2019-3-12
Use props
Big-Foot
New
United States

Same problem here...
Windows 10.Pro v 1809 OS Build 17763.316
I would rather not have to HACK my computer's Registry to make this work.
My drone is grounded until Vision System Recalibration is done using DJI Assistant.

Thanks - Randy
2019-3-12
Use props
nywrecker
lvl.4
United States

jojo09 Posted at 3-12 11:14
See U
joel

I followed this video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjf0PxhGU0U to edit the registry.
Once I was able to reinstall the DJI Assistant, I reverted the registry  to its original settings
2019-3-12
Use props
Karce
lvl.2
Canada

Hopfully this gets fixed... I'm curious about what did DJI do that required Microsoft to block how the assistant is run.
We shouldn't have to disable UAC to get it to run.
2019-3-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi everyone. We're deeply sorry for the Inconvenience. This been already escalated to our developer and they're working on it to optimize it. Keep in touch. Thank you for your consideration.
2019-3-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

jojo09 Posted at 3-12 11:14
See U
joel

Hi Jojo09, Our related team was able to found the cause of this concern and we're currently working on it. As of this time, I would suggest you install the software using a Mac or Windows 7 or 8 operating system. I will give you an update once this concern has been fixed. Appreciate your patience and support. Thank you.
2019-3-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Karce Posted at 3-12 14:14
Hopfully this gets fixed... I'm curious about what did DJI do that required Microsoft to block how the assistant is run.
We shouldn't have to disable UAC to get it to run.

Hi Karce, sorry fo the trouble. As of the moment, you may follow post #22 and I will notify you once we receive an update about this. Thanks for your patience.
2019-3-13
Use props
kovat53
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324521 ft
Hungary

After updating Windows 10 (today) same problem here...
2019-3-13
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also have the same issue.   This is a big problem.  I hope DJI can resolve quickly.  Yes, I could disable UAC and probably get it to run, but I won't be doing that due to security concerns.  
2019-3-13
Use props
kovat53
lvl.4
Hungary

Interesting! Today I have updated Windows 10  on my two laptops. On  Lenovo Thinkpad runs Windows 10 Pro, on Toshiba Windows 10 Home. On Lenovo runs DJI Assistant 2 flawlessly, on Toshiba doesn't-. I don't know if Windows 10 versions have significance on DJI Assistant's behavior, I just report as a fact.
2019-3-13
Use props
nywrecker
lvl.4
United States

kovat53 Posted at 3-13 12:24
Interesting! Today I have updated Windows 10  on my two laptops. On  Lenovo Thinkpad runs Windows 10 Pro, on Toshiba Windows 10 Home. On Lenovo runs DJI Assistant 2 flawlessly, on Toshiba doesn't-. I don't know if Windows 10 versions have significance on DJI Assistant's behavior, I just report as a fact.

I have Windows 10 Pro and the Assistant would not run or be installed, so it is actually the opposite of what happened with your windows 10.
2019-3-13
Use props
kovat53
lvl.4
Hungary

nywrecker Posted at 3-13 15:55
I have Windows 10 Pro and the Assistant would not run or be installed, so it is actually the opposite of what happened with your windows 10.

Thanks for your reply. Then anything else must be behind this ugly story. Another fact. On my Windows 10 Pro laptop, where Assistant 2 runs MA can not be connected as an USB drive , on the second laptop, where Assistant 2 can not run, MA connects as USB drive.
2019-3-13
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I also get this issue but for the moment I dont need to use it - but not good DJI!
2019-3-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

kovat53 Posted at 3-13 11:14
After updating Windows 10 (today) same problem here...

Hi Kovat53, sorry to read about the issues you had with DJI Assistant 2. Currently, our related team is working on it and I can give you a feedback as soon as possible once we receive an update about this. Thank you.
2019-3-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

KlooGee Posted at 3-13 11:50
I also have the same issue.   This is a big problem.  I hope DJI can resolve quickly.  Yes, I could disable UAC and probably get it to run, but I won't be doing that due to security concerns.

Hi KlooGee, thanks for reaching out. We are doing our best to resolve this as soon as possible. Please wait for an update, I will surely keep an eye on this. Thank you.
2019-3-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

kovat53 Posted at 3-13 12:24
Interesting! Today I have updated Windows 10  on my two laptops. On  Lenovo Thinkpad runs Windows 10 Pro, on Toshiba Windows 10 Home. On Lenovo runs DJI Assistant 2 flawlessly, on Toshiba doesn't-. I don't know if Windows 10 versions have significance on DJI Assistant's behavior, I just report as a fact.

My apologies for the late response. I'm glad that it is working fine on your Lenovo Thinkpad.  We located the main cause of this and we're currently on it. Please wait for the update, thank you.
2019-3-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Aerial-Image Posted at 3-14 01:27
I also get this issue but for the moment I dont need to use it - but not good DJI!

Hi Aerial-Image, sorry for the trouble. You may refer on post#22 just in case you need to use DJI Assistant 2 for calibration or firmware update. Thank you.
2019-3-14
Use props
SBDDauntless
lvl.1
United States

Glad to see the issue is being addressed. I'm trying to get a new set of goggles up and running and this is keeping me from using them. I don't have access to another PC/OS. Watching for update.
2019-3-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

SBDDauntless Posted at 3-14 15:20
Glad to see the issue is being addressed. I'm trying to get a new set of goggles up and running and this is keeping me from using them. I don't have access to another PC/OS. Watching for update.

Sorry to know that. I will surely keep you updated about this. Thanks for your continued support.
2019-3-14
Use props
wombat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 109846 ft
Australia

Fired up my Win 8.1 system, installed the app and it does not work.
after installing I restarted Win 8.1 and still no go, app opens but will not connect to Mavic Pro
2019-3-14
Use props
kovat53
lvl.4
Hungary

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-14 15:11
My apologies for the late response. I'm glad that it is working fine on your Lenovo Thinkpad.  We located the main cause of this and we're currently on it. Please wait for the update, thank you.

Thank you for your reply. I think we are all waiting for the solution.
2019-3-14
Use props
Tomcatuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

After reading this I tried my DJI Assist 2 which has been running quite happily and yes I got the red box of death as well, and yes it must be to do with the latest updates from Microsoft as its been working fine, as mods have stated they have found the problem so just have to wait for a fix, I'm just hoping that the fix don't actually screw up DJI Assistance 2 totally fingers crossed...
2019-3-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

kovat53 Posted at 3-14 22:37
Thank you for your reply. I think we are all waiting for the solution.

You're welcome. Feedback will be given as soon as possible. Thank you.
2019-3-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

wombat Posted at 3-14 18:12
Fired up my Win 8.1 system, installed the app and it does not work.
after installing I restarted Win 8.1 and still no go, app opens but will not connect to Mavic Pro

Hi wombat, sad to know that. May I know if you're receiving an error message on DJI Assistant 2? If yes, please provide a screenshot for further checking. I would recommend you try a different cable so that we can isolate the issue. Please make sure to donwload the software using this link: https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads. Kindly tap on "Reply" so that I can receive notification from your response. Thanks for your support.
2019-3-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules