Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Assistant 2 will not open
11326 72 2019-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BARRYme
New
Flight distance : 30 ft

United States

Same problem here, Windows 10 Pro
2019-3-15
Use props
Tarrant1701
New
United States

Same problem, Windows 10 Pro.
2019-3-15
Use props
Helldiver
lvl.2
Flight distance : 604 ft

United States

I have 2 laptops running Windows 10 and I also cannot use DJI Assistant 2
2019-3-15
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

Same problem with the 2 DJI ASSIST (1.2.4 and 2.0.6) - Win 10 Pro 1809-17763.379
I have Mavic Air and Mavic 2 Pro

update: I modified the registry as indicated in post # 19 and restarted Windows.
The 2 Assist returned to work

2019-3-15
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

TZero Posted at 3-15 17:41
Same problem with the 2 DJI ASSIST (1.2.4 and 2.0.6) - Win 10 Pro 1809-17763.379
I have Mavic Air and Mavic 2 Pro

Yet I can open Ass2 1.0.7. Interesting.

I'm a +1 for this, and it's related to the Win 10 March 2018 update as people are proposing. Quite frustrating, as I'd like to update the MA firmware to get the optimised battery algorithm but can't.

I note that it's already been a week since this was reported, so I hope we're not waiting much longer for a fix.
2019-3-16
Use props
jojo09
lvl.1
France

Hi nywrecker,
Thanks for your help, it worked and I reverted back the registry changes.
2019-3-18
Use props
terrordbn
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-15 06:25
You're welcome. Feedback will be given as soon as possible. Thank you.

Still waiting on resolution.  I am currently at a standstill using my expensive drone.  This should not have taken this long for resolution.

T
2019-3-19
Use props
QuadFunAus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38835 ft
Australia

terrordbn Posted at 3-10 12:28
I have this EXACT same issue on a Windows10 system with the latest updates.  [view_image]

I'm having the same problem
2019-3-19
Use props
Kalwren
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15640 ft
United States

First post!   New pilot!

I had the same problem.  Unable to execute the DJI Assistant installer on Windows 10 Pro,  due to the UAC (User Account Control) error.  I followed the steps for the registry change and was able to install the software.
Downloaded all of my logs, updated my No Fly Zone information and then re-enabled UAC.

Thanks for this thread, it helped me.

I have the DJI goggles coming in a few days and I know it needs a firmware update in order to work properly with the Mavic Air.  I'm glad there was a work-around for this issue, as I'm really excited to try FPV flight.
2019-3-19
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

Unfortunately it does not seem to work.
After some time the UAC returns to active and prevents the Assist to run
2019-3-21
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Karce Posted at 3-12 14:14
Hopfully this gets fixed... I'm curious about what did DJI do that required Microsoft to block how the assistant is run.
We shouldn't have to disable UAC to get it to run.

You mean what did the Microsoft Security update do to stop it from running.

I think you will find its additional security on running an unknown publisher that will not allow administrative override. Like you could in the past.

2019-3-21
Use props
Copa Joe
New

United States

The fix is in  (haha)  OK, its out.  Here:

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
2019-3-21
Use props
terrordbn
lvl.1
United States

Copa Joe Posted at 3-21 10:49
The fix is in  (haha)  OK, its out.  Here:

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads

Does this work for the Mavic Pro?  If not, no fix for the Mavic Pro yet...

Aaron

PS.  I tried this version and it does not seem to recognize the Mavic Pro.
2019-3-21
Use props
larryc43230
lvl.4
Flight distance : 664534 ft
United States

terrordbn Posted at 3-21 18:24

Aaron

It doesn't recognize the Mavic Air, either.

Still waiting....

Larry
2019-3-22
Use props
NamGer
New
Flight distance : 204180 ft
Namibia

larryc43230 Posted at 3-22 02:52
It doesn't recognize the Mavic Air, either.

Still waiting....

Me too. Unbelievable. If I would deliver that sh.. service/software I would have to fire myself.
2019-3-22
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

terrordbn Posted at 3-21 18:24

Aaron

I'll add my voice to this.  I also confirm that this version of Ass2 does NOT recognise the Mavic Air. I have to assume that it's for the Mavic 2 line only. Sigh.

I've flagged this with DJI mods on other threads also.
2019-3-22
Use props
terrordbn
lvl.1
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 3-22 17:27
I'll add my voice to this.  I also confirm that this version of Ass2 does NOT recognise the Mavic Air. I have to assume that it's for the Mavic 2 line only. Sigh.

I've flagged this with DJI mods on other threads also.

Got this response from support today.   Looks like they think they have it fixed, but they obviously do not....

Dear Aaron,

Thank you for contacting DJI technical support.

I am sorry to hear that you're still having issues with the DJI Assitant 2. According to our engineers, the issue with the DJI Assistant 2 has been resolved from our end. I suggest you contact Microsoft to see if you need to configure some settings on your computer.

If the issue persists after checking with Microsoft, don't hesitate to contact us so we can further assist you.

Thank you for your kind understanding and cooperation.

Thank you for choosing DJI products. Have a nice day and take care.

2019-3-26
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

terrordbn Posted at 3-26 10:50
Got this response from support today.   Looks like they think they have it fixed, but they obviously do not....

Dear Aaron,

The old Punt ploy or finger-pointing routine.
2019-3-26
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

terrordbn Posted at 3-26 10:50

Dear Aaron,

What a load of rubbish! A poster is another of these many threads correctly advised that DJI's root certificate has expired (and provided screen shots to show this). Clearly it's been updated now in the Mavic 2 version of Ass2 (v2.0.7), but now they need to do the rest.

See post #48 https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... id%3D534&page=2

DJI Mindy advised that DJI will release an updated version hopefully this week. I hope she is the individual with the correct information. This needs to be fixed.

Also, someone else suggested disconnecting your PC from the network, setting the system time back to 2017, and running the installation then and it works - further evidence that it's an expired root certificate. However, you need the PC attached to the network for firmware download, so this method only allows you to configure VPS.
2019-3-26
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 3-26 12:53
What a load of rubbish! A poster is another of these many threads correctly advised that DJI's root certificate has expired (and provided screen shots to show this). Clearly it's been updated now in the Mavic 2 version of Ass2 (v2.0.7), but now they need to do the rest.

See post #48 https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=153880&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D534&page=2

Yeah, hopefully they release the final one this week to cover the Spark/Air/MP.  Over the past 10 days or so, they've updated all the different versions for the Matrice, Phantom, etc, etc.  Just need this last one to cover the last of the consumer drones.

In the meantime though, don't let this issue ground you.  The temporary workaround is very simple to do and undo.
2019-3-26
Use props
lordgarth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9642 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-13 08:44
Hi Jojo09, Our related team was able to found the cause of this concern and we're currently working on it. As of this time, I would suggest you install the software using a Mac or Windows 7 or 8 operating system. I will give you an update once this concern has been fixed. Appreciate your patience and support. Thank you.

Yeah I am going to run right out and purchase an old operating system because your software quits working.  Thank you for a great solution.
2019-3-26
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

lordgarth Posted at 3-26 13:10
Yeah I am going to run right out and purchase an old operating system because your software quits working.  Thank you for a great solution.

v1.2.5 was just released fixing this problem for Spark/Mavic Air/Mavic Pro/Etc.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2
2019-3-27
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

KlooGee Posted at 3-27 05:42
v1.2.5 was just released fixing this problem for Spark/Mavic Air/Mavic Pro/Etc.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2

I could confirm that it is working. I noticed that there is note (updates discontinued).

@DJI,

Does this means there will be now new DJI assistant 2 in future? Does this means that all older drones will be supported in DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic? Or will be there some other SW?
2019-3-27
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DH_Pilot Posted at 3-27 06:06
I could confirm that it is working. I noticed that there is note (updates discontinued).

@DJI,

Good eye!  I missed that part!

Quite honestly, I've not understood why they have separate packages for the different drones.  They really should just have a single app that covers them all.  As a developer, I would think managing multiple different apps would be horribly inefficient.  From a user's perspective, it is annoying and confusing.

Also, I can confirm that v1.2.5 installed and connected to my Mavic Air just fine.
2019-3-27
Use props
terrordbn
lvl.1
United States

KlooGee Posted at 3-27 06:10
Good eye!  I missed that part!

Quite honestly, I've not understood why they have separate packages for the different drones.  They really should just have a single app that covers them all.  As a developer, I would think managing multiple different apps would be horribly inefficient.  From a user's perspective, it is annoying and confusing.

It installs, runs, and discovers the Mavic, but I cannot get it to login and it gives an error when it tries to find the newest firmware.  

Aaron
2019-3-27
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

terrordbn Posted at 3-27 07:25
It installs, runs, and discovers the Mavic, but I cannot get it to login and it gives an error when it tries to find the newest firmware.  [view_image] [view_image]

Aaron

Sorry to hear you are having problems.  It seemed to work fine for me.  I already have the latest firmware installed on my Mavic Air, but it showed the list just fine.  It also prompted me to update the FlySafe database and did that successfully.  

Hopefully you can get a quick resolution!
2019-3-27
Use props
Tomcatuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

Works for me...
2019-3-27
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

I think we can  clearly state that this problem is a lack of communication between Microsoft and Dji, lets hope that the "Great Minds" at both places take us into consideration and correct the problem.
2019-3-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Everyone, we have received an update from our related team. Kindly download and reinstall DJI Assitant 2 using this link : https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2 and please let me know if the issue persists. Appreciate your patience and support. Thank you.

1.PNG
2019-3-27
Use props
Elefun Workshop
lvl.3
Flight distance : 114774 ft
  • >>>
Norway

A workaround would be to create a .bat file and run it as admin. The .bat file would look like this (edit the file directory and file name):
START C:\"Program Files (x86)"\"DJI Product"\"DJI Assistant 2 For Phantom"\"DJI Assistant 2.exe"

This works with all the different versions of the apps.
2019-4-8
Use props
arron2106
New
Ireland

nywrecker Posted at 3-12 13:35
I followed this video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjf0PxhGU0U to edit the registry.
Once I was able to reinstall the DJI Assistant, I reverted the registry  to its original settings

followed the video too and when i updated the ronin all fixed
2019-5-21
Use props
5.56×45mm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 955679 ft
United States

Sup Homie's!

I experienced the same UAC message in  Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Evaluation build 18898.rs_prerelease.190510-1634.  Per release notes one change is " Fixed an issue where the assistant software cannot be installed and used on some Windows 10 systems"

& #8226 Uninstalled DJI Assistant 1.2.4 (released around Christmas time).
& #8226 Rebooted PC (so Windows registry modifications take effect).
& #8226 Installed current published version 2.0.8 https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads: https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads. Version available for Windows and Mac.

Problem solved!
2019-5-24
Use props
5.56×45mm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 955679 ft
United States

Sup Homie's!

I experienced the same UAC message in Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Evaluation build 18898.rs_prerelease.190510-1634.  Per DJI Assistant 2 version 2.0.8 release notes one change is " Fixed an issue where the assistant software cannot be installed and used on some Windows 10 systems"

•  Uninstalled DJI Assistant 1.2.4 (installed around Christmas time).
•  Rebooted PC (so Windows registry modifications take effect).
•  Installed current published version 2.0.8 located here: https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads. Version available for Windows and Mac.

Problem solved!
2019-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules