Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Assistant 2 won't launch or reinstall
12Next >
10832 43 2019-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EastyT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

Hello,

I have had versions of Assistant 2 installed for 2 years now withouth a problem. I went to run this already installed app on my Win10/64 PC today and am getting a warning message. "This app has been blocked for your protection." "An administrator has blocked you from running this app. for more information contact the administrator.  DJI Assistant 2.exe"

I am the only one that uses this home PC and I am the administrator. I tried downloading the latest app from DJI and when I ran the installer, I got the exact same message. I even tried right clicking on the exe file and selecting run as administrator and got the same message. Any assistance would be appreciated.
2019-3-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi EastyT, sorry for all the trouble. This is not what DJI's wants you to experience. By the way, this concern has already been reported to our related team. Please wait patiently for an update. You may check on this link for your reference: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 2&page=1#pid1789307 Thanks for your patience and support. Thank you.
2019-3-9
Use props
Eggie
lvl.1

United States

This has to do with the new windows update. Made the rest of the apps not work.
2019-3-9
Use props
EastyT
Second Officer
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-9 16:27
Hi EastyT, sorry for all the trouble. This is not what DJI's wants you to experience. By the way, this concern has already been reported to our related team. Please wait patiently for an update. You may check on this link for your reference: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 2&page=1#pid1789307 Thanks for your patience and support. Thank you.

Thanks for your response. I checked the thread you linked to and would like to add that anti-virus software has nothing to do with the issue. I await a solution.
2019-3-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

EastyT Posted at 3-9 20:47
Thanks for your response. I checked the thread you linked to and would like to add that anti-virus software has nothing to do with the issue. I await a solution.

You're most welcome. Let me give you an update as soon as possible. For the meantime, if you have a different computer that you can use, please try to install DJI Assistant 2 and check if the issue persists. Thank you.
2019-3-9
Use props
AJB1
New

Israel

I am having the same issue, and am waiting anxiously for a solution so I can get back to work. Thanks
2019-3-10
Use props
jojo09
lvl.1
France

same here, hope that it won't take too long
2019-3-10
Use props
Rcplanedude
lvl.4
Flight distance : 117900 ft
United States

disable UAC in the registry https://community.spiceworks.com ... e-uac-on-windows-10
2019-3-10
Use props
terrordbn
lvl.1
United States

Same issue here.  DJI Assistant will not run on Win10.  Get "This app has been blocked for your protection." by Microsoft UAC.

2019-3-10
Use props
caseysloan
Flight distance : 288839 ft
United States

Same damn issue here as of today. Frustrating, but good to know it's not just me.
2019-3-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

AJB1 Posted at 3-10 02:29
I am having the same issue, and am waiting anxiously for a solution so I can get back to work. Thanks

Sorry to hear that, I'm still waiting for the feedback. Appreciate your patience and support.
2019-3-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

caseysloan Posted at 3-10 15:19
Same damn issue here as of today. Frustrating, but good to know it's not just me.

You have our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. This is not what DJI's wants you to experience. I'll give you an answer as soon as possible. Thanks for your continued support.
2019-3-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

jojo09 Posted at 3-10 11:38
same here, hope that it won't take too long

I will give you an answer as soon as possible. Again, sorry for all the trouble and thank you for understanding.
2019-3-10
Use props
PonyRide933
New
Flight distance : 92172 ft
United States

I'm using a windows 10 updated machine and experiencing the exact same administrator issues.
2019-3-11
Use props
Big-Foot
lvl.1
United States

Same problem here...
Windows 10.Pro v 1809 OS Build 17763.316
My drone is grounded until Vision System Recalibration is done using DJI Assistant.
Thanks - Randy
2019-3-12
Use props
gumball110
lvl.1
Flight distance : 830 ft
United States

I found a fix this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjf0PxhGU0U
2019-3-12
Use props
EastyT
Second Officer
United States

gumball110 Posted at 3-12 12:43
I found a fix this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjf0PxhGU0U

I may be too cautious, but I take messing with the registry seriously. Also disabling this security feature makes me nervous. All of this due to a poorly coded app!
2019-3-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi everyone. We're deeply sorry for the Inconvenience. This been already escalated to our developer and they're working on it to optimize it. Keep in touch. Thank you for your consideration.
2019-3-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

PonyRide933 Posted at 3-11 17:27
I'm using a windows 10 updated machine and experiencing the exact same administrator issues.

Hi PonyRide933, sorry for the inconvenience. As mentioned on post #18, our related team was able to locate the cause of this concern and we're currently working on it. As of this time, you can use DJI Assistant 2 using a Mac or Windows 7 or 8 PC. I will notify you once the issue is fixed. Appreciate your patience and support
2019-3-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Big-Foot Posted at 3-12 12:26
Same problem here...
Windows 10.Pro v 1809 OS Build 17763.316
My drone is grounded until Vision System Recalibration is done using DJI Assistant.

Sorry for the trouble. As of the moment, please follow post #19 so that you can calibrate the Vision System. You may also follow the video below for your reference. Thanks for your support.

2019-3-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

EastyT Posted at 3-12 14:48
I may be too cautious, but I take messing with the registry seriously. Also disabling this security feature makes me nervous. All of this due to a poorly coded app!

Hello EastyT, my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience. May I know if you already tried a different PC like Mac or a different Operating System to isolate the issue? Regarding this concern, please take note that in the near future we will be releasing a new version of DJI Assistant 2 to fix this. Thanks for your patience.
2019-3-13
Use props
bartlesl1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6007 ft
United States

Having the same problem here too.  Need fix quickly.  Hope DJI doesn't require a software upgrade to fly my drone in the meantime.
2019-3-13
Use props
MadisonAreaDroneService
lvl.1
Flight distance : 133340 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can get around this for now, but you will have to change the Windows registry to allow the download and subsequent program usage to work.  

You will need to access this and change it as follows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

and change the value EnableLUA to 0.

To understand how to change this value, do the following:

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type %systemroot%\syswow64\regedit and then click OK.

OR

hit the Windows key and "paste" this: %systemroot%\syswow64\regedit by hitting "ctrl V" after copying the above bold text.
Once you have entered the registry, click on: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then SOFTWARE then Microsoft then Windows then CurrentVersion then Policies then System
Next, you will see a dialog box with a #1.  Change this to 0 and exit.  Next, you will need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.

Then, go the DJI site, download the Assistant 2 program again, and you should be able to use the program after a successful install.

Hopefully DJI gets this sorted out soon.  Sounds like a recent Windows update may have triggered this.
2019-3-14
Use props
EastyT
Second Officer
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-13 10:12
Hello EastyT, my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience. May I know if you already tried a different PC or Operating System to isolate the issue? Regarding this concern, please take note that in the near future we will be releasing a new version of DJI Assistant 2 to fix this. Thanks for your patience.

Hello, Unfortunately I don't have another PC to try this on.
2019-3-14
Use props
fansd92b0210
lvl.1
United States

#QuickDJI is spying on users and that is why it is blocked.  Be very careful not to allow DJI to access your system.  Reply Here#
2019-3-14
Use props
fansd92b0210
lvl.1
United States

Please see above comment.
2019-3-14
Use props
BradBowers
lvl.1
United States

You've got to be ...*** me.  Finally have some time to go flying tomorrow so I thought I'd do the smart thing and update the software tonight - now this...  Seriously, seems to have been this way for several days now and DJI STILL doesn't have a fix.  DJI competitors are you learning anything?  
2019-3-16
Use props
Acclaim Media
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5741 ft
United States

An hour down the hole on windows forums.  Should have looked here first.  Any updates?
2019-3-19
Use props
JPilotR
First Officer
Flight distance : 584662 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know it isn't ideal, but I have been having luck logging into the Admin account and running the program from there. Unfortunately you have to set up that feature in the CMD prompt (after you "run as Administrator" from the right click). There is lots of help by doing a Google search for how to activate the Admin account on Windows.
2019-3-19
Use props
user67d0c7985c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2804626 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-12 14:51
Hi everyone. We're deeply sorry for the Inconvenience. This been already escalated to our developer and they're working on it to optimize it. Keep in touch. Thank you for your consideration.

A week later any news?
2019-3-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, we really appreciate you and we apologize for the Inconvenience. As of the time being, we don't have the exact time frame when will our developer going to release the New DJI Assistant 2 as per our developer they going to release it sooner or later. Thank you for your consideration.
2019-3-19
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-19 13:36
Hi there, we really appreciate you and we apologize for the Inconvenience. As of the time being, we don't have the exact time frame when will our developer going to release the New DJI Assistant 2 as per our developer they going to release it sooner or later. Thank you for your consideration.

I've hit this too. This is just lame that weeks have passed and there's no fix from DJI.  They have written software that is a security hole and the only suggestion is to "go hack the registry". Unacceptable!
2019-4-5
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Captain
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

fansd92b0210 Posted at 3-14 14:42
#QuickDJI is spying on users and that is why it is blocked.  Be very careful not to allow DJI to access your system.  Reply Here#

Don’t be such an idiot!
2019-4-13
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Captain
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

fansd92b0210 Posted at 3-14 14:42
#QuickDJI is spying on users and that is why it is blocked.  Be very careful not to allow DJI to access your system.  Reply Here#

Don’t be such an idiot!
2019-4-13
Use props
Timothy Evers
lvl.1

United States

Yes, well my drone was flying just fine.  Then I did the mandatory firmware update a few weeks back and my gimbal went crazy after the update.  Overheating etc.  I can't rollback the firmware update so i was going to attempt a factory reset.  Now I can neither fly the drone because of the ...ty firmware release nor can I reset it because of the ...ty code on the assistant.  No other programs were affected with the MS update, just Dji.   I am sure DJI development team is working hard on a fix.  What the hell has the QA team been doing though? Every single problem I have had with this thing has been software related.  HEY DJi. I am a Senior Software Engineer with over 30 years experience.  Contact me for employment and I will fix your IT Department.  This has got to be hitting your bottom line hard.  Bad press is hard to recover from.  And may I say you are digging yourselves a hole?
2019-4-19
Use props
Timothy Evers
lvl.1

United States

Yes, well my drone was flying just fine.  Then I did the mandatory firmware update a few weeks back and my gimbal went crazy after the update.  Overheating etc.  I can't rollback the firmware update so i was going to attempt a factory reset.  Now I can neither fly the drone because of the ...ty firmware release nor can I reset it because of the ...ty code on the assistant.  No other programs were affected with the MS update, just Dji.   I am sure DJI development team is working hard on a fix.  What the hell has the QA team been doing though? Every single problem I have had with this thing has been software related.  HEY DJi. I am a Senior Software Engineer with over 30 years experience.  Contact me for employment and I will fix your IT Department.  This has got to be hitting your bottom line hard.  Bad press is hard to recover from.  And may I say you are digging yourselves a hole?
2019-4-19
Use props
Timothy Evers
lvl.1

United States

AngularIan Posted at 4-5 11:49
I've hit this too. This is just lame that weeks have passed and there's no fix from DJI.  They have written software that is a security hole and the only suggestion is to "go hack the registry". Unacceptable!

If i had a developer tell me that a major problem was going to be fixed "sooner or later" i would walk their ass right straight to the door.  Arrogant.
Cant do the job, but is a prima donna.  I have seen that more than a few times.   Like the guy above said.  "Unacceptable" .   
2019-4-19
Use props
UAV Capture
New
Flight distance : 52 ft
Australia

>>> IS THIS SERIOUS!!!  HOW LONG ARE WE GOING TO BE UNABLE TO USE OUR EQUIPMENT FOR?
THESE ARE OUR TOOLS FOR WORK!   Are we not able to fly them until the issue is fixed because this is unacceptable!
I MIGHT LOSE MY MOST IMPORTANT CLIENT, IF MY DRONE IS NOT ABLE TO OPERATE NORMALLY WHEN I GET TO THE JOB SITE>>>>

CAN YOU GIVE US A TIME-FRAME WE ARE ABLE TO USE OUR DRONES AGAIN, SO  WE CAN OFFER "OUR CLIENTS" SOME KIND OF IDEA-
OR DO WE ALL NEED TO FINALLY SCRAP OUR DRONES FOR PARTS AND USE PIXHAWK FLIGHT CONTROLLERS?
WHAT IS WRONG WITH SELLING US A PRODUCT THAT WORKS AND THEN LEAVING IT ALONE AS WE PAYED FOR IT??
ALL THESE UPDATES WHICH CHANGE THE PRODUCT WE PAYED FOR AT THE START WHICH TO ME IS LIKE ME SELLING YOU A CAR THEN COMING TO YOUR HOUSE AND TAKING THE WHEELS OFF, TAMPERING WITH THE ENGINE... IN MANY CASES UPGRADING DEGRADES THE DRONE LEAVING IT WITH NEW ISSUES OR GROUNDED>  IF IT WASN'T BROKEN WHY MESS WITH IT?
I have always been a great advocate of DJI' s drones but the company is reminding me of the APPLE scandle, when they were caught degrading the iphone by continually sending upgrades when the hardware was perfectly fine, all in order to make us by the next generation device.  I hope this is not a policy of DJI, "PLANNED OBSOLESCENCE"?
2019-4-25
Use props
UAV-CAPTURE
New
Flight distance : 52 ft
Australia

Well after becoming very anxious and upset about the update I have found that I can still fly although it does ask for a firmware update.  I have had this before and when I went to a job it failed to allow me to launch before updating so I hope thiis doesn't happen when I am away at a job site when there are many people being paid to do a video shoot with vehicles and site hiring going on.  We will see but I do hope this issue is resolved ASAP.
2019-4-25
Use props
bokehmonster
lvl.1

United States

Latest remote controller update 1.0530 is failing (stuck on 0% for hours) and then I discovered the DJI Assistant 2 no longer working on Mac.   Following thread but very concerned that this issue has not been solved in the last 2-3 months.  
2019-5-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules