Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tilt Axis Issue - Ronin S
6199 5 2019-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JCH1
lvl.1
Australia

Hi everyone,

I bought the new essentials pack of the Ronin S yesterday and can't wait to take it out in the field.

I've followed all the steps in the manual and have watched plenty of videos on YouTube but no matter what I do I can't get an 'excellent' status rating on the tilt axis when doing the balance test.

The camera is stable and looks balanced and when turned on there is no overtly loud or strained motor noises.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I updated the firmware last night the 1.7 too and still have the issue.

I'm using it with the Sony A7riii and the FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens.

Thanks in advance!

Balance Test

Balance Test

IMG_0443.PNG
2019-3-9
Use props
Shane H
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38179 ft
United Kingdom

I had similar issue put with the pan , my balance with system off looked fine to me .

I updated the firmware,

In the setting I also did restore gimbal setup and system calibaration,

Did the auto tune again

Ran the balance test again about 4 time and it then ended on excellent on all three ,

Did what I do actually fix anything , I have no idea haha but I gave me three excellent,

2019-3-9
Use props
JCH1
lvl.1
Australia

Shane H Posted at 3-9 22:32
I had similar issue put with the pan , my balance with system off looked fine to me .

I updated the firmware,

Ah thanks, I'll try it tonight and see how it goes.  

Thanks for the reply!

2019-3-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi JCH1, sorry for the difficulties on balancing the Tilt axis, did you mount the Riser Plate to have a try?
2019-3-11
Use props
JCH1
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-11 00:19
Hi JCH1, sorry for the difficulties on balancing the Tilt axis, did you mount the Riser Plate to have a try?

Hi Mandy,

Yes I'm still having the same issue. No matter how many small adjustments I make the most I can get the tilt axis is 'good' but never excellent.
2019-3-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

JCH1 Posted at 3-11 01:54
Hi Mandy,

Yes I'm still having the same issue. No matter how many small adjustments I make the most I can get the tilt axis is 'good' but never excellent.

We have released the new firmware, could you please update first and then try again? If there is no luck, we will need a short video of your balancing progress of tilt axis for further support, thank you.
2019-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules