Weak Wifi Connection to Controller
2076 4 2019-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MrKrys
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106158 ft
United States

Hey I am soooooo brand new to this.  I got my Spark on Thursday and I starting flying it for about an hour each day.  At the end of tonights session my remote could not connect to the drone and I was getting poor Wifi connection.  But the whole day I was fine, why all of a sudden?

Also I live in Palm Beach County and the President is in town and my airspace is restricted but I still could fly it all day long, but as soon as the sun went down I started getting the restricted flight path.  
2019-3-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi MrKrys, our apologies for the inconvenience. Did you receive an error message? If yes, please provide a screenshot for further checking. I would suggest you try a different location so that we can isolate the issue. Also, kindly use this link https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map to see all the location that is NFZ and places where you are free to fly your drone.  For the linking concern and wifi issue, please follow the video tutorials below for your reference. If the issue persists, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thanks for your support.

2019-3-9
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

To the problem with the Potus:
Try not to update the nfz data, when he comes to town.
(But don't forget to update, when he's gone! ;-)
Not sure if that will work, but aside covering the birds GPS-chip, it would be the only thing to fly in the "vip-moving"-zone.
With a DJI Drone
In case you wanna do that, of course
2019-3-9
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

There are a lot of variables to how clear a channel you will have for the Spark.  There are lots of wifi and blue tooth based systems using those channels.  It doesn't mean the Spark will get a clear channel just because it was open during the day.  Someone might have just turned on their Playstation with those radio linked controllers.  Look on your DJI Go app on the channels page to see how clear it is when you fly.  I'm normally pretty clear on 5.8ghz but 2.4ghz is too busy for my Spark to use.

Do you have a fitbit or smart watch on those channels?  Wireless ear pods?

Spark Glide 3.gif
2019-3-10
Use props
MrKrys
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106158 ft
United States

It was much better once he left.  I switched to a better channel like  165.  Also I do have an apple watch and I live in suburbia so tons of wifi interference everywhere!  
Thanks for the replies!!!  
2019-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules