My Spark Crashes
1572 11 2019-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 824560 ft
United States

I've crashed my DJI Spark a total of three times over the year and a half I've had it.

1. The first crash was flying inside my house, I had recently switched the stick settings on my Spark and instead of landing it, I sent it straight into a wall. I had Prop guards on but all four of the Props were unusable after the crash. My drone was fine.

2. This crash I filmed and is in the video I posted. I active tracked my twin brother and told him to go run.  He did so and my Spark flew backwards into a tree. It had a soft fall into grass and nothing was damaged.

3. My last crash was when I was doing a pull away shot with my Spark. I was really dumb and was not even close to being high enough to clear the trees on the island. As you can tell by the video, my Spark was totaled. I was like "O-man, I didn't buy DJI Refresh and now I'm gonna pay for it." But for some reason, the DJI Go 4 app said my Spark had been activated for less than 48 hours and I could buy Care Refresh. My Spark was over a 6 months old at that time, but I didn't question. I bought Care Refresh, sent my Spark in, and for a fairly cheap price, I got a new Spark, a new set of props and a new battery.     

I also made the mistake of entering gesture control mode instead of powering off my Spark. It started to take off inside my house but I smothered it with my arms before it could damage itself. I only damaged the props. The props are guite expensive though; 20$ for 4 props and that doesn’t even take in account shipping costs.

2019-3-9
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Crashing is part of the RC model hobby.  Never put up what you can't afford to lose.

Results of a Spark drone crash (or maybe a quarter scale B-52 model)

2019-3-9
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

I love happy endings. Glad you got another. Happy flying.
2019-3-9
Use props
Warriewoodlad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

Those who risk nothing make no mistakes. It was a great video until those trees got in the way.
2019-3-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing this. Glad you're back flying
2019-3-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Jacob Williams. I am sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Spark. If in the future if you feel that your DJI Spark is not working properly on your next flight after these crashes. Please don't hesitate to contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support for us to help you. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-3-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I suppose easy come easy Go, or will you take care of this one .
2019-3-10
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
United States

Warriewoodlad Posted at 3-9 23:02
Those who risk nothing make no mistakes. It was a great video until those trees got in the way.

Thank you I guess.
2019-3-10
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

You chose a really hard way to learn.
2019-3-10
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
United States

Lysak2003 Posted at 3-10 12:02
You chose a really hard way to learn.

I guess I did
2019-3-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is a fine line between taking a calculated risk and being impetuous...
2019-3-12
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Sorry to know that, be careful next time ya!
2019-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules