Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Goggles RE with Mavic 2 - save your money.
1736 3 2019-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
walttheartist
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46696 ft
Canada

I too bought the Mavic 2 Pro / Goggles RE kit because I wanted to enjoy a first person flight experience. I haven't used the goggles yet, but from what I've read about the RC range problems, I won't bother using them until the problem has been fixed by DJI. My M2P was too expensive to risk loosing it. Unfortunately, if they don't work as advertised, they are simply not worth buying.

On a lesser note, I've experienced a viewer issue that I reported some time ago. There is a visual problem with the goggles' left and right viewer screens. It's not serious, only a little annoying. Under certain settings, visual disturbances appear on the left and right side of the viewer screen. Here is the problem and fix...

Set the image ratio to 3:2 for the camera.
Set “HD” to “Smooth Mode” (720p30) in the goggles.
Select  “Head tracking Gimbal” in the goggles.
Select “Full screen mode” in the goggles.

The image in the goggles should now display a cropped 3:2 image, with black areas on the left and the right.
There should be a target marker in the viewer that looks like a white “Right and Left and Up and Down” arrows with a white dot in the middle. This marker shows where the Gimballed camera is pointing.

This marker is what’s causing the animated static in the right and left side of the goggles… in the black cropped areas.

When you turn your head to the left or right until this small white target enters the cropped (black) area, It leaves a residue of the white target that persists and flickers in the black area. It happens on the left and right sides.

When the image ratio is set to 16:9, or the “HD” setting in the goggles is set to “HD mode” (1080p30), the black cropped area is filled with the larger image and the white target doesn’t affect the outer edges of the image.

2019-3-10
Use props
TBoyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31345 ft
  • >>>
United States

Haven't seen any issue with the screens on mine yet as i too have the M2P with the Goggles RE. However, i have noticed that i do have sever range issues with the goggles hooked to the M2P
2019-3-10
Use props
TBoyAZ
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Finally got a chance to try the Goggles RE with the M2P today. That was a disappointment.
I am running the latest firmware between the Aircraft, Remote and Goggles RE.
Get Disconnections when the two are on and together
I have set the aircraft to 5.8 and the goggles to 2.4 and that gets me about 300m (1000ft) before they disconnect, but it has been pretty consistent at about 300m with signal loss

Symptoms at 304.8m are: Goggles RE Freeze up, RC and AC disconnect. drone just hovers in spot where it is at. (i didn't force RTH)
I turned off the Goggles RE. Everything reconnected back up and i was able to fly for miles.

So Quick assessment: Goggles RE does indeed have an issue with the M2P/M2Z.

My Question(s) are:
Where is the issue (Goggles RE or Mavic2)?
What is being done to address the issue DJI?
   (Yes this is major known issue and i have seen the question asked a gazillion times on many forums as well as DJI's forums)
How many others beside me are having this issue?

I will try screwing around with the goggles RE, setting wise, to see if i can find some type of happy medium, but so far that has been a huge NO
If flying with the cable, and not binding them, works better i will test to see how well it works.
As of right now I would not recommend the use of the DJI Goggles RE with any mavic drone until DJI can identify and show proof that the issue is fixed.
Great Drones and Goggle (Non RE) but RE just doesn't seem ready yet. But still holding out with hope that it will be fixed.

2019-3-10
Use props
TBoyAZ
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Interesting Post i found on another Thread.

Check post #57.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-171056-2-7.html
2019-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules