Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Pocket mic/WiFi question
12Next >
22461 56 2019-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gr8fulTed
lvl.2
United States

As someone who has the Osmo Pocket expansion kit, and has ordered the DJI mic adapter, I have considered times when I might want to use the WiFi to access the phone, while at the same time needing a better mic than the one on the OP. The DJI WiFi adapter has a slot to allow connection after the OP is hooked up.

So the question is: Do you think that slot will work with the new mic adapter, allowing both WiFi and use of a mic? Or is it just a "one way" connection allowing only for power banks?
2019-3-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. I would like to clarify that you've wanted to connect the 3.5mm microphone adapter to the wireless module whilst it's connected to the Osmo Pocket? We will check this scenario into our designated department if this will be possible. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-10
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Indonesia

DJI Tony Posted at 3-10 12:22
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. I would like to clarify that you've wanted to connect the 3.5mm microphone adapter to the wireless module whilst it's connected to the Osmo Pocket? We will check this scenario into our designated department if this will be possible. Thank you for continued support.

I really think that is what the author meant.

Having a audio adapter without the ability to charge the osmo pocket is bad enough already, and I really hope that using a wifi module with an audio jack is possible, no matter how ridiculous the setup is.
2019-3-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

StardustGeass Posted at 3-10 17:24
I really think that is what the author meant.

Having a audio adapter without the ability to charge the osmo pocket is bad enough already, and I really hope that using a wifi module with an audio jack is possible, no matter how ridiculous the setup is.

Hi, thanks for the notification. Since the 3.5mm adapter is connected to the Osmo Pocket USB port then I'm afraid that we don't have an option to charge the Osmo Pocket. However, this process has been forwarded to our designated department for us to check if this would be possible. Thank you for understanding.
2019-3-11
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

I believe he is asking a question I also have (and will be resolving, if I ever receive my microphone adaptor ordered last week, with no shipping details): will the microphone adaptor work whilst plugged into the USB-C port on the wireless adaptor?

If it would, then this would be a HUGE benefit to anyone shooting a remote. Imagine setting up your OP, stepping 15-20 feet away, to give a tour, or something. With the wireless adaptor, you could control the video you're capturing on the OP, and even have it track you as you move about. If the 3.5mm microphone adaptor functions plugged into the USB-C port on the wireless adaptor, you could then employ a wireless mic, and capture solid audio.

If this works, it means being able to function as though you had a camera person on scene with you, without having to use a separate sound recorder. HUGE!
2019-3-11
Use props
Gr8fulTed
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-10 12:22

Yes, that is what I am asking. I would like to use the WiFi module at the same time as plugging the DJI mic adapter into the plug on the side of the module. Will the mic adapter work that way, too?
2019-3-11
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

Gr8fulTed Posted at 3-11 09:42
Yes, that is what I am asking. I would like to use the WiFi module at the same time as plugging the DJI mic adapter into the plug on the side of the module. Will the mic adapter work that way, too?

Ted, I'm guessing no. As I understand it, the USB-C on the back of the wireless adaptor is power only, not data, so if so, this likely precludes the operation of the 3.5mm mic adaptor. I hope I'm wrong, though.
2019-3-11
Use props
Gr8fulTed
lvl.2
United States

dmwierz Posted at 3-11 10:07
Ted, I'm guessing no. As I understand it, the USB-C on the back of the wireless adaptor is power only, not data, so if so, this likely precludes the operation of the 3.5mm mic adaptor. I hope I'm wrong, though.

Yes, I hope you are as well. But I personally don't think it's likely that you are. We shall when the adaptor arrives for us.
2019-3-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Yes, that is what I am asking. I would like to use the WiFi module at the same time as plugging the DJI mic adapter into the plug on the side of the module. Will the mic adapter work that way, too?

Hi, thanks for that clarification. I've verified this situation in our designated department. Unfortunately, we couldn't use the 3.5mm adapter while using the wireless module that is connected to the Osmo Pocket. However, we will consider this as a suggestion and forward it to our engineers to see what we can do to make this process possible in the future. We do appreciate your understanding.
2019-3-12
Use props
bigbearhk
lvl.2
Hong Kong

dmwierz Posted at 3-11 10:07
Ted, I'm guessing no. As I understand it, the USB-C on the back of the wireless adaptor is power only, not data, so if so, this likely precludes the operation of the 3.5mm mic adaptor. I hope I'm wrong, though.

I totally concur with you ------ I have the full expansion set and tried transferring data from OP to PC in 2 different ways, wired with & wired without wireless module ------ wired with wireless module on, no transfer of data is possible.

I also have the need of remote recording solution (for sound). My OP is almost always connected to wireless module but almost never connected to phone using the USB-C connector. Sound recording is a headache in selfie shooting remotely when OP is over 10 feet away from me.
2019-3-12
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

It would be nice to be able to use a splitter on USB-C to either charge the OP AND use an external microphone
2019-3-12
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Indonesia

Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic Posted at 3-12 14:12
It would be nice to be able to use a splitter on USB-C to either charge the OP AND use an external microphone

The question is, whether it is possible to do that..

Also, I haven't seen any USB-C splitter on the market yet?
USB-C adapter to many peripherals (USB-A, HDMI, etc), I've seen a lot of them. But USB-C to two or more USB-C, haven't seen it yet? Especially for data.
2019-3-13
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic Posted at 3-12 14:12
It would be nice to be able to use a splitter on USB-C to either charge the OP AND use an external microphone

Be patient - I am sure (working) adapters will come like Jan 1 after Dec 31!

2019-3-13
Use props
Gr8fulTed
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-12 08:27
Hi, thanks for that clarification. I've verified this situation in our designated department. Unfortunately, we couldn't use the 3.5mm adapter while using the wireless module that is connected to the Osmo Pocket. However, we will consider this as a suggestion and forward it to our engineers to see what we can do to make this process possible in the future. We do appreciate your understanding.

While your design department didn't have a positive experience using the mic adapter with the WiFi module, two people that I know have successfully used the WiFi module with the mic adapter. In both cases they were using lesser expensive powered mics, not the more expensive mics. I am on the road right now, but I also have a less expensive powered mic and when I return home will try to use the two together and see what happens.
2019-3-17
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gr8fulTed Posted at 3-17 07:11
While your design department didn't have a positive experience using the mic adapter with the WiFi module, two people that I know have successfully used the WiFi module with the mic adapter. In both cases they were using lesser expensive powered mics, not the more expensive mics. I am on the road right now, but I also have a less expensive powered mic and when I return home will try to use the two together and see what happens.

I have a possible solution but will be a mess of adapter and cables. I'm waiting for everything to arrive, take a look at this thread.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D549%26typeid%3D549
2019-3-17
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

While your design department didn't have a positive experience using the mic adapter with the WiFi module, two people that I know have successfully used the WiFi module with the mic adapter. In both cases they were using lesser expensive powered mics, not the more expensive mics. I am on the road right now, but I also have a less expensive powered mic and when I return home will try to use the two together and see what happens.

I’m curious to know how they made it to work.   No luck with me.
2019-3-17
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Wiz33 Posted at 3-17 09:48
I have a possible solution but will be a mess of adapter and cables. I'm waiting for everything to arrive, take a look at this thread.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D549%26typeid%3D549

I look forward for your setup.  Keep us posted.   DJI should be able to make this work or revise the WiFi adapter with data capable and replace the one we bought or at a discount.  A terrible flaw.  
2019-3-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

While your design department didn't have a positive experience using the mic adapter with the WiFi module, two people that I know have successfully used the WiFi module with the mic adapter. In both cases they were using lesser expensive powered mics, not the more expensive mics. I am on the road right now, but I also have a less expensive powered mic and when I return home will try to use the two together and see what happens.

Hi, thanks for your additional information. Since this hasn't been recommended by our engineers, therefore, we couldn't guarantee the outcome of this process. However, you could give us the feedback once you run the test and I will coordinate the result into our team. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for understanding.
2019-3-20
Use props
fansffc95236
lvl.1

Hong Kong

HI .... I HA DPROBLEM CONNECTING WITH WIFI + MIC ( WHEN U SAY LESS POWER MIC .... WHAT BRAND AND MODELUS IF WORK ? )

I GIUESS IF DJI OPEN THEIR FIRMWIRE TO MIC JET ON THE WIFI EXPANSION KIT MIGHT WORK FOR ALL MIC
2019-5-26
Use props
Druce
lvl.1
United States

I would like to also ask for this feature (if it is possible).  My concern is that the Osmo Pocket has two built in microphones, one of which is for noise cancellation.  When the WiFi module is connected, it covers this microphone up, and makes the already marginal audio even worse.  Being able to connect a quality microphone would be the only remedy to this.  Please add the ability to connect the microphone adapter to the Osmo Pocket through the WiFi adapter.  
2019-6-2
Use props
nianeko3
lvl.4
Japan

With modification of Wifi module, mic adapter can be connected. But sound is not Stereo.
2019-6-3
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Until now... it will not work. You will have found out for sure. It is a big pity though, so I hope any future update will fix this... Also the deicated DJI Mic Adaptor for the Osmo Pocket will NOT work with the DJI Osmo Action Cam... an even BIGGER pity... Take Care! (Canon)Max
2019-6-5
Use props
nianeko3
lvl.4
Japan

With modification of Wifi module, mic adapter can be connected.

2019-6-5
Use props
catarina.faester\
lvl.1
Denmark

So would I
2019-8-17
Use props
mvaughn25
New

So...there is no way to use the extension rod and a microphone adapter? That is a really big oversight. At least not if you want to use the phone as a screen (like the extension rod is designed to do). If I put the wireless adapter on, I cannot use the microphone adapter. If I leave the wireless adapter off I have to connect with a cable...still no way to use the microphone adapter.

This is disappointing. The only way to use the DJI microphone adapter is with a third party extension rod, so you can connect via the lightning adapter and leave the bottom USB-C adapter open for the mic.
2019-9-3
Use props
djiuser_Fa2lEvtkF8bV
lvl.1

So, any news about extension rode and mic adapter? Please, solve the problem!!
2019-9-16
Use props
djiuser_Fa2lEvtkF8bV
lvl.1

So, any news about extension rod and mic adapter? Please, solve the problem!! Many thanks
2019-9-16
Use props
djiuser_Fa2lEvtkF8bV
lvl.1

So, any news about extension rod and mic adapter? Please, solve the problem!! Many thanks
2019-9-16
Use props
Battistella
lvl.2
Flight distance : 154521 ft

nianeko3 Posted at 6-5 16:07
With modification of Wifi module, mic adapter can be connected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8eTMeu5l48

It's absolutely incredible that you figured this out and that DJI did not include this feature. This is an absolutel no-brainer that DJI should have shipped this item with audio enabled.  
2019-9-19
Use props
djiuser_Fa2lEvtkF8bV
lvl.1

Please solve the problem!!
2019-9-19
Use props
Chienlala
lvl.1

Please add ability to have audio adapter connect to the wireless module USB-C port on next firmware update. We really need it.
2019-9-23
Use props
Kozjegyzo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7999 ft
Hungary

I use the WiFi module so I don't have to connect my phone directly, as the Osmo Pocket will charge it. That's the main reason I ordered it (the charging issue hasn't been solved and it's been a nuisance ever since the beginning. So I thought, OK the WiFi module will solve this, yeah it did, but created a new issue, unusable audio. OK I thought I'll buy that overpriced adapter and use an external mic. Well no, because that doesn't work either. DJI has made it impossible to use the product in its own ecosystem. These issues are nowhere to be found when you spend a bunch of money on accessories. Even more frustrating is that you spend all that money because you wanna have a fully working product, that DJI wasn't able to make in the first place.

DJI fix the audio adapter issue and the charging issue as well! this is the least you can do...
2019-10-17
Use props
mrmmsilva
lvl.1
Portugal

Hello,

I have the same problem. I want use android phone connected to Osmo Pocket with APP DJI Mimo but it drains fast the battery of my Osmo Pocket.
Simultaneously, i want plugg in mic for a better sound record. Solve this problems please!!!!
2019-10-30
Use props
DrVax
New
United States

I produce a YouTube channel and have been looking for a portable setup for when I am away from my home studio, where I use a full-size DLSR with a  Mic input.    I recently received an Osmo Pocket and I was extremely impressed with the video quality and the usability when connecting either directly or via wifi to my iPhone.

Unfortunately, I need to use an external mic to get acceptable audio.  The inability to use an external mic and wifi at the same time is a serious limitation for uses with the Osmo Pocket on a tripod.  I encourage DJI to work on a solution to this issue.
2019-12-11
Use props
GlennW
lvl.1
Australia

DrVax Posted at 12-11 14:22
I produce a YouTube channel and have been looking for a portable setup for when I am away from my home studio, where I use a full-size DLSR with a  Mic input.    I recently received an Osmo Pocket and I was extremely impressed with the video quality and the usability when connecting either directly or via wifi to my iPhone.

Unfortunately, I need to use an external mic to get acceptable audio.  The inability to use an external mic and wifi at the same time is a serious limitation for uses with the Osmo Pocket on a tripod.  I encourage DJI to work on a solution to this issue.

With all the problems this sound adapture is causing.  Like cant use the extention arm with wifi and sound.  You cant tell me a company like this didnt know about these problems at the start.  Im thinking its a cash grab on more accessories in the future.  I know there will be a lot of annoyed people if they are forced to buy another wifi adapter with the update.
2019-12-12
Use props
GlennW
lvl.1
Australia

Dont you mean.  When we have made enough money from people buying useless accessories, we will bring out an updated one and hit them again.
2019-12-12
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

GlennW Posted at 12-12 13:57
Dont you mean.  When we have made enough money from people buying useless accessories, we will bring out an updated one and hit them again.

You're new to voice your discontent with this situation.

This is nothing new. This thread, itself is over 6 months old. Did we do any research before buying all these "useless accessories"?

2019-12-12
Use props
Steve-J
New

United States

So it seems this was solved a while ago..... youtu.be/k8eTMeu5l48.      
DJI why not simply make this modification?  The Extension rod will be PERFECT with the ability to add a Mic while using it.   It does surprise me it takes an outside engineer to figure out how easy this was.  For the DIY’r this will take a bit as the soldering is very very small. But just watch the video. He has solved the pass though - its not hard.   DJI - can you miage how many of these you would sell?  Or... a 3rd party is going to figure out how to do this and sell the thing.
2019-12-16
Use props
djiuser_DsVLZtbe1JlR
lvl.1
India

Hi Dji/Moderators,
Could you please take these requests a bit seriously and on high priority unless you want people holding a DJI Pocket look like fools Xiomi FIMI Palm is on its way. I am sure they have done all their research reading your customer requests in this forum! Wide Angle, Joystick, Bluetooth/Wifi, HEVC recording, universal mic compatibility with charging port, 1/4 inch screw thread all in one device that too at a fraction of the Pocket's price!!!
And all of us here are willing to pay a premium for your accessories only to realise that you don't have any sensible ones??
2019-12-20
Use props
laturell
lvl.1

United States

Please make a fix to WiFi adaptor to allow an external mic at the same time
2019-12-31
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules