Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Onboard video problems
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gdlejon
New
Luxembourg

Hello,
I turn to you, people, as you are my last chance to try and understand a problem with my new Phantom IV advanced.
Two months ago, I purchased a phantom IV at a DJI retailer's in France. I had first to send back the battery which was out of order, although brand new. One month later, I received a new one under the terms of the warranty. But when I made the first trials of the drone, I realized that the images recorded on the sd card were not at all of the quality you would expect : all freezes and glitches. I tried different settings and even changed the sd card without any improvements. I made all the required updates but it didn't work. The live video link, though, was of the expected quality and so was  what was recorded on the cache in my i pad. So, I contacted the retailer's assistance that told me to send back the drone. They informed me that the encoding device was out of order and sent it back to DJI. After a month of what seemed an ordeal to me (I was asked to pay more than 226 euros to fix a brand new drone under warranty, which I refused, of course!), I was told that my drone had come back from DJI and was being tested. The video card had been replaced... but the problem remained. They finally sent me a new drone. I received it yesterday and you bet that the first thing I did, was to test the video recording on the sd card. Guess what? I have EXACTLY the same problem. I am appalled and I am beginning to think that buying a Phantom IV was a very bad idea... Talking of ideas, if anyone could enlight me here, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you.

2019-3-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Why not upload a copy of one of the video clips to Dropbox so we can see what you are talking about?
2019-3-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

That’s very sad, after going through it all, twice, and still having the same issues.

You have got to wonder about quality control and if these drones are actually properly tested prior to being boxed and shipped to the world wide retailers.

Sorry that your experience has been far less than expected. I hope that you are fulfilled and satisfactorily, when this chapter of a sad story, has ended, with your just reward.

Thanks for being so level headed and polite about it, with your post here. That’s very admirable. Best of luck, and God speed in the journey...

RedHotPoker
2019-3-10
Use props
KEJ
First Officer
United Kingdom

Hi

Can you please confirm the brand and type/spec of SD card you are using ?

Do you have another SD card you can try ?

Thanks
2019-3-10
Use props
fans997b7c12
New
United Kingdom

Hi folks!
Thanks for your compassion, RedHotpoker, and thanks to everybody for replying.
On trying to upload the file on another computer as Geebax suggested, I had the surprise to discover that I could read it normally at a lower resolution (though still hd) on this second computer.
This seems to indicate that the problem could come from the first computer (although I used vlc on both). Probably a video card config. I will run further tests in 4k today on my second computer and let you know the results.
The sd card I'm using is a sony HC I (U3) of 16 GB that came with the drone.
See U
2019-3-11
Use props
fans997b7c12
New
Spain

Ok, I tested the video in 4k on my other computer and ... it is perfect! I am confused here, but I had so much trouble in the first place, that I didn't question that it would continue! Hopefully, the bad "Karma" is over and I will at last be able to make most of this wonderful (but fragile) piece of technology. Next : take off!
Thanks for your contributions. By the way, I'm thinking of buying a 32 GB card. Any suggestions?
2019-3-11
Use props
cameracollector
Second Officer
Flight distance : 807133 ft
Canada

fans997b7c12 Posted at 3-11 03:30
Ok, I tested the video in 4k on my other computer and ... it is perfect! I am confused here, but I had so much trouble in the first place, that I didn't question that it would continue! Hopefully, the bad "Karma" is over and I will at last be able to make most of this wonderful (but fragile) piece of technology. Next : take off!
Thanks for your contributions. By the way, I'm thinking of buying a 32 GB card. Any suggestions?

I use Sandisk extreme and extreme pro 32GB cards. I had to send one of the extreme pro cards back as I was getting corrupted video, which seemed to go away after I did a reformat and repair of the card, then started showing up again, so Sandisk sent me another card.

The extreme seems to be good enough, even with 4K60fps video, so you probably don't need to go with the extreme pro.
2019-3-12
Use props
fans997b7c12
New
Austria

Thank you for the piece of advice Cameracollector. I was indeed going for the Sandisk extreme.
2019-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules