Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Crashed P4P
909 14 2019-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GaSurveyor
lvl.3
United States

I recently crashed my P4P into a tree. It broke all 4 propellers, cracked the landing gear, broke one of the propeller mounting posts off of one motor, and I believe the gimbal is shot as the camera will not swivel. Does DJI still repair the P4P? I know they have been out of stock for some time now. Also has anyone had a similar situation? If so how much was the repair?
2019-3-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sorry to read about that.

Wondering why you posted this twice?

RedHotPoker
2019-3-10
Use props
GaSurveyor
lvl.3
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 3-10 18:19
Sorry to read about that.

Wondering why you posted this twice?

I did not mean to post twice. I did this from my phone and couldn't tell if it posted.
2019-3-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

It happens to me also...
I’m pretty sure they have parts and refurbished units to help solve your crashed drone problem.

Please create a repair ticket, then they should send you shipping sticker.

I hope everything works out for you. With a short down time...

RedHotPoker
2019-3-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi GaSurveyor, we are very sorry for the crash accident, please follow RedHotPoker's suggestion to start a ticket online and send in the drone for the repair/replacement service, our repair center should have it in stock and help you out. For the repair price, you may refer to the link below: https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry
2019-3-10
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

It is out of production, but parts and support should be available for some time to come.
2019-3-11
Use props
GaSurveyor
lvl.3
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 3-11 03:13
It is out of production, but parts and support should be available for some time to come.

Thanks everyone for all of your advice and concern. I will follow your tips and hopefully be back in the air shortly!
2019-3-11
Use props
MassDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 894642 ft
United States

A few weeks ago I sent in my P4P with similar damage. They replaced it with a new one under warranty, since it was just 2 months old. They shipped the new drone 3 business days after receiving the broken down one, and even transferred my (still unused) DJI Care Refresh policy to the new drone S/N.
2019-3-11
Use props
GaSurveyor
lvl.3
United States

I chose "whole product set" as what to send in for service. Will I also need to send in my tablet with the controller so they can preform any necessary test flights?
2019-3-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NO, not the tablet!!
2019-3-11
Use props
GaSurveyor
lvl.3
United States

Thanks. Duly noted
2019-3-12
Use props
GaSurveyor
lvl.3
United States

Reply from customer support after i paid the fee ($356) they requested. "Thanks for the reply.

We understand that the delay has caused you an inconvenience. As much as we love to compensate regarding this, we cannot guarantee to provide it to you since we are not in the position to decide regarding this matter.

What we can do is to closely monitor your case to ensure that it will be handled accordingly by our corresponding team until it gets resolved.

Thank you for understanding.

If any questions or other concerns, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

Ram
DJI Technical Support

So much for parts being available.
2019-3-23
Use props
GaSurveyor
lvl.3
United States

If they are not in the position to decide on the matter than who is?
2019-3-23
Use props
GaSurveyor
lvl.3
United States

I should have posted this first.
"I am so sorry to inform you that as the accessories required for repair are being deployed urgently, we will not be able to confirm your delivery time for the time being. We will promptly follow up your case and solve it for you as soon as possible, once the material required is available.
Your generous support and understanding on DJI will be highly valued.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us, we will be very happy to help you, thank you for your support!
Best Regards,

Chris
DJI Technical Support "
2019-3-23
Use props
GaSurveyor
lvl.3
United States

How about just send me one of the refurbished ones they are sitting on and then refurbish the one i sent in when you get your parts in?
2019-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules