BUYING USED MAVIC 2 PRO
3769 10 2019-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MAGUINDRA
New

Philippines

Hello Guys,

I am already familiar with DJI Phantom Drones because at our office there are drones but to Mavic 2 Pro, I am newbie. My friend got a gift which is the Mavic 2 pro and he is not interested in it so he decided to sell it to me. What are the checklist on buying used mavic 2 pro specifically for mavic 2 pro. What are the step by step process on checking the drone if it is still in good condition and worth the money?

Here are some photos of the drone. We are going to meet up on sunday for me to check the drone. I need help from you guys.

2019-3-10
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Visual inspection, Battery info in app, Testing movement of gimbal while on the ground, Checking channel quality, seeing if sticks are calibrated and not create anomalies, then just taking it for a flight, doing different modes (Tripod, Sport, hyperlapse, waypoints) and checking overall camera quality. I think I have covered most bases, but definitely ask for the aircrafts history, and if everything checks out then you should be gtg.
2019-3-10
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Just ask him to demonstrate by flying and taking some video footage and pics whilst you watch for a few mins.

That should show issues if any.
2019-3-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I doubt (at least hope) that as a friend he is not taking you for a ride and the pics show that the drone has been well looked after. Everything Alfaflight said is on point - and definitely get him to fly it with you. And for the record - given that this unit is second hand - no more than $800 unless he has accessories then may be up it to a grand with multiple batteries etc included.
2019-3-11
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Hong Kong

If its brand new and he never fly before then it should be pretty ok and its should be in dji care cover I guess. just looking the photos it seems all ok free from any scuff marks or scratched  surface.
Just to sure do following :
Turn on and do all the calibrations checks ,such as  controllers gimbal ,compas imu all .take same photos and videos (you dont need to take off) if your friend do how to operate ask him do a short fly for you and in mid fly ask him to press to RTH this may give if aircraft nicely communicating with all the components.
All in all do not worry so much  if you call him as "friend " then I belive he will never try to cheat you by selling a defected product.
2019-3-11
Use props
MrTitan
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I guess there’s all sorts of ‘friends’ out there but, as others have said, I hope you only have good ones who wouldn’t scam you. That said even a great friend can accidentally sell something that’s not as described, so visually check the drone and accessories over for physical damage.

Start it up and watch the gimbal, making sure it levels out correctly. Fly it (or watch it be flown) whilst checking in-air stability, channel strength and gimbal quality (make sure it doesn’t shake). Check the battery quality and charge cycle numbers within the Go4 app menu. Other than that you can check everything calibrates successfully (drone compass and remote controller sticks etc.) and you should be good to go.

Purely out of interest, can I ask how much your friend is asking for the M2P? I’m not from the Philippines but I’d guess somewhere between 60000 and 65000 piso’s would be fair?
2019-3-11
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

Ask the selling a few questions, why are they selling it ect. A good visual inspection and if possible see it flying … nearly every drone I've owned has been second-hand .  Never had a problem..
2019-3-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day MAGUINDRA. Thank you for reaching out and for choosing DJI. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Do you have the serial number of the said drone for me to check here in our database? Please PM me the serial number of the said drone for us to check the activation date. Thank you.
2019-3-11
Use props
MrTitan
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-11 08:14
Hello and good day MAGUINDRA. Thank you for reaching out and for choosing DJI. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Do you have the serial number of the said drone for me to check here in our database? Please PM me the serial number of the said drone for us to check the activation date. Thank you.

Just curious, but as the drone can only be 6-7 months old (due to its release date of August 2018) how will checking the activation date be of benefit to the op?  Are you able/willing/going to provide useful data such as whether or not it has been crashed/repaired etc?
2019-3-11
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1481496 ft
United States

From appearance it looks great. Hope the "friend" price is awesome.  Everyone needs a friend that wants to sell their MP2
2019-3-11
Use props
djiuser_msPc2xPiBGdO
New

United Arab Emirates

Hiii..
Sir i need mavic 2pro  drone. So how much this drone sir
2020-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules