Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vidjcb
First Officer
Flight distance : 13649508 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dear all,

I'm not sure if it's only me or anybody  else experiencing the same issue.

I used the original cable on a basic test: 3 second time-lapse, pictures taken every 3 seconds, while the osmo was connected to the wireless module and from there to a strong battery charger that provides 2Amp power. However, I realized that although the osmo screen shows "charging" the battery level was decreasing.

So any ideas or anybody ele has had the same experience?

Thanks,

VIDJCB
2019-3-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day VIDJCB. I am sorry to know that you are having charging issues with your DJI Osmo Pocket when in use. Can you please try to use a different wall charger with a specification of 5V / 2Amps, and also try to use a different USB Cable just to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for us to help you further. Thank you.

2019-3-11
Use props
Vidjcb
First Officer
  • >>>

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-11 10:57
Hello and good day VIDJCB. I am sorry to know that you are having charging issues with your DJI Osmo Pocket when in use. Can you please try to use a different wall charger with a specification of 5V / 2Amps, and also try to use a different USB Cable just to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for us to help you further. Thank you.

[view_image]

Dear DJI Stephen, Thanks for replying. I’ll try that and I’ll let you know.

VIDJCB
2019-3-12
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am having the same problem.  I think the osmo pocket is overheating.  My reasoning is when I do multiple timelapses in a row, the shooting time decreases because the osmo pocket shutting off faster than the previous timelapse before.  
2019-3-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Vidjcb Posted at 3-12 02:07
Dear DJI Stephen, Thanks for replying. I’ll try that and I’ll let you know.

VIDJCB

You are very much welcome VIDJCB. We will be here to wait for those updates. Thank you.
2019-3-12
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Blellow Posted at 3-12 08:17
I am having the same problem.  I think the osmo pocket is overheating.  My reasoning is when I do multiple timelapses in a row, the shooting time decreases because the osmo pocket shutting off faster than the previous timelapse before.

The Osmo Pocket seemingly was not designed to work that way. On other forum posts here, the admins warn against using and charging the Pocket at the same time to avoid overheating and shortening battery life.
Maybe if requested, there could be in a future product, a way to bypass charging the battery and take its power from an external source, but at present, it would seem inadvisable to use the Osmo Pocket this way.
2019-3-12
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, but I'm trying to get 15 hrs time lapse.
2019-3-13
Use props
Vidjcb
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing the same experience here  with us
2019-3-14
Use props
Vidjcb
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing the same experience here with us. Now I am not alone!

Best,

VIDJCB
2019-3-14
Use props
Vidjcb
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 3-12 23:48
The Osmo Pocket seemingly was not designed to work that way. On other forum posts here, the admins warn against using and charging the Pocket at the same time to avoid overheating and shortening battery life.
Maybe if requested, there could be in a future product, a way to bypass charging the battery and take its power from an external source, but at present, it would seem inadvisable to use the Osmo Pocket this way.

I can actually confirm that the heating is severe especially when I am shooting 4K 60p video. Sometimes it's impossible to handle it unless it's screwed on a stick, tripod, etc.

VIDJCB
2019-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules