Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A curiosity about taking in flight videos
846 2 2019-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arnie R
Captain
Flight distance : 80958 ft
United States

Embarrassing, I must admit that my flying hours are very low and my video taking is even lower (life and family issues,etc).  The other day, I finally pulled the sd card out of the Spark that I had taken videos with last October.

I noticed that there were about 25 separate videos listed for about 15 flights. I watched them and noticed that sometimes there were 2 or three videos per flight, however, they were as if the camera had been stopped and then restarted again. The last frame of the 1st video matched the first frame of the 2nd video, etc. Timing on one flight was about 6:30 minutes, then a 1:30, followed by a 1:20 video. All the same flight but broken up like book chapters.

Is this normal, or is this indicating that I may be hitting some unknown button on the controller, or is the video signal being temporarily interrupted?

Me, the curious one.

Arnold R.
2019-3-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that, this phenomenon is normal due to the SD card file system. The main reason is when reaching maximum file size or limitation of the SD card file System. Each video will stop or cut and generate a new video. However, may I ask have you checked each video file size? Please keep us posted. Best regards!
2019-3-12
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://forum.dji.com/thread-103179-1-1.html
2019-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now