6103 21 2019-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DonaldRB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1293468 ft
Netherlands

Hello

I have planned a waypoint 2.0 mission where my Mavic 2 zoom lost signal at some point. Although my route settings are set to 'continue task' in case of lost signal, the drone does not continue along the programmed route. Instead it hovers in place and gives the error 'cannot enter selected flightmode'. When signal was restored I noticed that it has also stopped filming. I could perfectly control the drone and order it to come home, but the mission was aborted.

Does anyone else have the same experience when flying a pre-planned mission with waypoints 2.0?

Cheers,
Donald

2019-3-11
Use props
TrippleDelta
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2228182 ft
Belgium

Yes, I had the same experience when DJI GO 4 crashed.
I thought it was because my phone was not supported. Looks like I'm not alone.
2019-3-12
Use props
Parme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508615 ft
Italy

This looks pretty serious. No RTH is triggered?
2019-3-12
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Parme Posted at 3-12 06:13

Could be normal if battery was not low.

Edit: Normal only in waypoints missions.
2019-3-12
Use props
DonaldRB
lvl.1
Netherlands

Parme Posted at 3-12 06:13

Yes, no RTH was triggered. Drone just hovers in place and luckily restored connection after a couple of seconds. I have had this on 3 occasions now, where the drone just stops te task instead of carrying on with the task. It´s true it had plenty of battery left, so maybe when remaining battery would only be sufficient to RTH the drone would fly back autonomously, I don´t know....

The DJI Go 4 app doesn´t crash though.
2019-3-12
Use props
Crash&Burn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thats scary, to just stop and hover when signal lost, would suck if it was over a lake.
2019-3-12
Use props
kamikazer
lvl.1
United States

having same issue. this is very annoying... because mission is being continued on a signal loss if you will do the test. mission stops once signal is being recovered! that's why you get your connection back... drone flies into availability zone and only then stops. which is stupid
2019-3-19
Use props
kamikazer
lvl.1
United States

while DJI doesn't care about testing their products - there is one possible hack - send drone to mission, turn the remote off. when mission is done - turn it on.
2019-3-19
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I’ve also had this! Part way through flying a simple 5-point mission the drone just stopped and hovered even though I have mine set to RTH in the event of signal loss and at the end of the mission.

I managed to fly it home but surely if it is set to RTH then that is what it should do not just hover?

-=Glyn=-
2019-3-19
Use props
grphxwizard
New
Flight distance : 459 ft
United States

I've tried this several times and set the drone to 'Continue task'. Every time it just stops and hovers.
I can select RTH function and it works fine even though it quit the mission.
2019-4-22
Use props
shauncg
lvl.2

Happened to me too. Lost connection on waypoints mission and just hovered. I had to run up to an  elevated deck to regain connection and return to home. Scary.
2019-9-23
Use props
BobBob
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62 ft
Peru

shauncg Posted at 9-23 19:09
Happened to me too. Lost connection on waypoints mission and just hovered. I had to run up to an  elevated deck to regain connection and return to home. Scary.

Could be due to Geo zones, recently implemented.

What the drone will do if you suddenly enter into a Geo zone is a mistery.  
If you ask Litchi, Litchi will tell you that they are trapped by DJI's firmware (always answer this, for any difficult question   ).  And if you ask DJI, they will cut and paste the manual or similar to show you what you already know (I do not know why many companies assume that you do not read the manual before contacting them )

DJI has a special department that address Geo issues.  This is a very hot matter, at least in South America.
2019-12-26
Use props
patl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46161 ft

Belgium

Same here. A mission that was continuing as intended after the controller connection was lost, was interrupted with the Mavic 2 hovering between two waypoints as soon as the connection was reestablished.

Because the connection was flaky at this point it took several tries using both the physical button and the on-screen function to initiate RTH.
Maybe it would have eventually RTH by itself on low battery, but who knows.

BTW, all firmware checked up-to-date as of 2019-12-29 (app:4.3.21 rc:01.00.590 ac:01.00.0510) and no Geo zone involved. Out of controlled airspace; the overlying class B TMA is no factor.

So again for future reference:
A waypoint mission set to continue on connection lost will do so, but may (will?) interrupt and keep the aircraft somewhere in a hover when the previously lost connection is reestablished.

Be advised. It may bite you.
2019-12-30
Use props
fansff388f5d
New
Flight distance : 13845 ft
United States

I had the same problem today with my Mavi Pro 2. Latest firmware and app version running on DJI Smart Controller.

Had waypoint, set to continue task, lost signal, the unit returned to home.

Anyone have a fix for this?
2020-4-11
Use props
DonaldRB
lvl.1
Netherlands

No fixes for this yet. As a lot of customers experience this, could a DJI official look at this and make a statement?
2020-4-12
Use props
Venti-Fly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 672936 ft
Germany

Hallo Leidensgenossen!
Ich hatte auch gerade einen Missionsabbruch und die Drohne stand an einem Wegpunkt nachdem die Verbindung unterbrochen wurde. Glücklicherweise konnte ich die Drohne manuell wieder zurückholen, nachdem ich meinen Standort verändert habe. Das kann doch nicht die Lösung sein. Ich traue mich nun keine Mission mehr zu fliegen. Ist echt schade.
Ich werde es mal testen, was passiert, wenn man die Fernbedienung ausschaltet, nachdem die Drohne abgehoben hat. (Mavic 2 pro und Smart-Controller inkl.  neuester Firmware)
2020-4-13
Use props
jelarv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2038432 ft
United States

I'm having the same problem and since it happens in the first 5 minutes of a mission, it could possibly hover in the same place for 20 minutes until the low battery warning executes RTH.  Instead, I need to move closer to the drone to connect with the controller and then I can bring it home.  It's sad because of a 20-waypoint mission I've created there are 2 places where the drone drops low near a pond and I lose the signal which means I'll never be able to get this shot unless I do it separately and stitch together post production (if I position myself near the pond I'm too low for the signal to reach the launch point).

Part of me wonders what would happen if I just turned off the smart controller altogether mid-flight.  I say that because one time it went through the entire mission where I wasn't getting any signal for some reason, which makes me think it's the intermittent strong/weak signal that's causing the drone to stop mid-mission.
2020-5-24
Use props
djiuser_g4Lbp8ROz2Iy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 995463 ft
Greece

Maybe I know what's happening because I use waypoints often. There is a serious bug.
On waypoints options you choose signal loss-> continue mission. And drone does that, continue waypoints when signal lost.
But there is something strange, when signal comes back to controller mission stops and drone hover in place waiting you to give orders and no waypoints options to continue. Maybe that what's happening to you guys, drone continue waypoints after signal loss but maybe for a second achieved signal and mission aborted leaving drone hover in place. A solution is software update now. Or as a friend says before, send to mission turn off controller, maybe little agony, when it comes back turn controller on and everything is fine. I will try it
2020-8-11
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have this problem now after the latest update, I thought this problem was solved and sorted last year. Cheers Mike.
2020-8-12
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do's anyone using Litchi or any other 3rd party app know if this problem exits using way points in any of those apps ?
2020-8-16
Use props
djiuser_FIKOXD1RxtE2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136949 ft
United States

I also have seen this bad design choice in action with my DJI Mavic 2 Pro in waypoints 2.0. The AC is set to continue mission on RC signal loss. When RC link is lost the mission does initially continue, but once signal is regained, the AC leaves the mission flight mode and enters GPS mode.

This makes the continue mission on RC link loss function essentially useless. It appears other users also think it is a bad design choice.

DJI, please update the firmware to fix this poor design choice.
2020-8-21
Use props
djiuser_ppwzliESbha6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34377 ft
Cyprus

djiuser_g4Lbp8ROz2Iy Posted at 2020-8-11 03:50
Maybe I know what's happening because I use waypoints often. There is a serious bug.
On waypoints options you choose signal loss-> continue mission. And drone does that, continue waypoints when signal lost.
But there is something strange, when signal comes back to controller mission stops and drone hover in place waiting you to give orders and no waypoints options to continue. Maybe that what's happening to you guys, drone continue waypoints after signal loss but maybe for a second achieved signal and mission aborted leaving drone hover in place. A solution is software update now. Or as a friend says before, send to mission turn off controller, maybe little agony, when it comes back turn controller on and everything is fine. I will try it

Hi. I did it like you. I switch off remote controller every time in the begining of mission. And everything was ok. Drone makes all mission and returns. But once it didn't return because, i think, battery became low on the return way and it started landing nearby Home point (0,5 - 1 km). So I didn't have any flights data or landing data in controller and App because I had to switch it off to continou mission.  So I have not found my drone yet. Think about it...
2021-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules