Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flight Logs Showing wrong date
1234Next >
14822 132 2019-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fazmanicg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19974 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi All,
Did an 11-minute flight today (3/11/19) and when I got home and checked the flight log, it was dated 18/01/2013.  - Has anyone else noticed this with the Smart Controller and the Mavic 2 Pro?  All the settings are correct as far as Date & Time go in the controller. The controller is set to automatic network time.

2019-3-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear the trouble. About that Please give a try to re-login your DJI Account, after that sync the flight records. Please keep us posted. Thanks!
2019-3-11
Use props
Fazmanicg
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-11 11:57
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear the trouble. About that Please give a try to re-login your DJI Account, after that sync the flight records. Please keep us posted. Thanks!

Did all that and the flight logs still have the date of 18/01/2013.
2019-3-11
Use props
Fazmanicg
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Flight Data Screen

Flight Data Screen
2019-3-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

I'm sorry to hear that. May I ask can you provide the firmware version of the Smart controller and let me forward this concern to our developer for us to have the feedback and possible workaround. Thank you.
2019-3-11
Use props
Fazmanicg
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Firmware: v01.00.0400
2019-3-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Fazmanicg Posted at 3-11 13:25
Firmware: v01.00.0400

Thank you, I already forwarded the concern. Once I have the answer, I will reach back to you. Thanks!
2019-3-11
Use props
JPilotR
First Officer
Flight distance : 584662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey there. I just had the same issue with my new Smart Controller. I flew four flights today with my M2P and the log dates showed exactly the same as the OP: 1.18.13

I signed out of DJI and signed in again and re-synced but no change. I also went into the settings for the SC itself to make sure I had all the correct firmware (all up to date) and that the Android settings showed the correct date/time/timezone. All seemed okay.

Common theme? Thoughts DJI?
2019-3-16
Use props
Jonny Lakewood
lvl.3
Flight distance : 484760 ft
United States

Hello DJI Gamora!
I am having the same issue.  I have the same firmware version and have done updates for my Smart Controller and my Mavic2 Zoom.
I signed out and signed back in.  
My flights are showing the date as 1-18-2013.  The time codes don't make any sense either.  some flights are timestamped the same time, some are a minute different.
-the odd things is that flights These flights are dated before I on different days are mixed together, not in chronological order.
The other part of the issue for me:
I have a Part 107 Pilot Certificate.  These flights are dated before I had a Part 107.  This could appear I am breaking the law if I use the videos for monetary gain.
I am anxious for resolution on this.
Thank you,
JZ
2019-3-18
Use props
Jonny Lakewood
lvl.3
United States

Here is a link to a similar issue with the Mavic Pro. I hope it can shed some light on this issue.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-113622-1-1.html
2019-3-18
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Jonny Lakewood Posted at 3-18 17:58
Here is a link to a similar issue with the Mavic Pro. I hope it can shed some light on this issue.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-113622-1-1.html

Sounds like DJI is not giving due importance to this, despite of numeorous pilots having the same issue... It doesn't seem like a big problem to solve this bug.... some trainee must have forgotten a comma in the source code of the DJI Go app....
2019-3-18
Use props
Jonny Lakewood
lvl.3
United States

I was looking at stat information in my Airdata UAV membership (uploaded from my flight records).  The information shows my Mavic 2 Zoom and my three batteries were manufactured in 1-18-2013!
I wonder if this is a problem with the Smart Controller, my Mavic 2 or their relationship.

Where should I turn from here?
2019-3-19
Use props
Jonny Lakewood
lvl.3
United States

I just discovered the date on the Smart controller is 1-18-13.
I switched off "Automatic Date and Time" (use network-provided time) and entered the correct date and time.  I powered the Smart Controller down, then back up and it reverted to the date 1-18-13 and set itself to "Automatic Date and Time".
I cannot get the Smart Controller to connect to wifi.  I have also tried to connect with the date correct to today's date.

Should I risk a factory reset if I am having an issue with connecting with wifi?  Or might resetting correct my wifi connection issue?
I would be very happy to hear from an administrator.
2019-3-20
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

Darn!!!   I was hit with this DATE BUG today.  I thought that none of my images made it to the SC.  Finally just went through image by image and found them - hidden with the WRONG DATE.

Please fix this bug.  It makes archiving and handling these images a real pain in the rear.
2019-3-20
Use props
Skyler King III
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1387582 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller.  BTH have latest firmware.  The images and videos have a date 2 days earlier and incorrect time of day.
2019-3-21
Use props
Pilot55
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3542257 ft
United States

Dji support...

I also have the same issue with my new Smart Controller. Flights showing 18/01/2013.

I signed out of DJI app and signed in again and re-synced but no change. I also went into the settings for the SC itself to make sure I had all the correct firmware (all up to date) and that the Android settings showed the correct date/time/timezone. All are correct.

I switched off "Automatic Date and Time" (use network-provided time) and manually entered the correct date and time.  I powered the Smart Controller down, then back up.  I did a test flight, powered on the smart controller first then the mavic pro 2.  I waited for full GPS lock and took off. I flew for a while, after landing and reviewing the log on the smart controller it now lists a time stamp of 19:07:42 vs the date.  See attached pictures.   The only thing that is new to my setup is I ordered two new batteries direct from DJI. Once I powered on the Mavic Pro 2 it upgraded the firmware data on both batteries. Also a new fly safe database was installed.

Please expedite this issue to help us with this terrible issue, it is bad on many levels.  Most important is how this effects the part 107 rules we are held to as PIC.

Thank you

2019-3-21
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

I just noticed that while images I took yesterday (March 20, 2019) that I copy over to the Smart Conroller have that 2013 date other images that I took yesterday (again March 20, 2019) from the Drone have the wrong date too.  But they are dated March 8 2019, which was the last time I took images on the drone.  Somehow the entire date/time system is very messed up.  Both in the DRONE itself and in the Smart Controller.

It really is wreaking havoc with my filing scheme.  Also, I have lost the original time/date stamp for all of these images.  Yup, even the EXIF date is wrong!!!!
2019-3-21
Use props
Pilot55
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3542257 ft
United States

Dji staff.....  Any update?
2019-3-22
Use props
JPilotR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wait a minute... yep, i think I heard them.... no wait... yep... just hearing crickets... ANY word yet DJI? Filing systems are in disarray and those of us with 107 certs have "illegal" flying dates. Really need a fix here DJI.
2019-3-22
Use props
JPilotR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

OH yeah, this is really screwing up my electronic logbook data too. Every flight is a manual fix, but the core of the data of flight is still messed up and logged incorrectly when I do the import from DJI Sync.
2019-3-22
Use props
RWPilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48940 ft
United States

All my Flight data logs are recorded with the wrong date of January 18 2013. All cached photos and videos also reflect this same erroneous date. The onboard recorded photos and video files are also affected by this software bug but the recorded date is only one day earlier and the time is wrong. The smart controller has the correct date and time but this is not being recognized by the recorded flight logs, recorded photos, and video. SC firmware: 01.00.400 and GO 4 firmware: 4.3.14
2019-3-22
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

RWPilot Posted at 3-22 12:27
All my Flight data logs are recorded with the wrong date of January 18 2013. All cached photos and videos also reflect this same erroneous date. The onboard recorded photos and video files are also affected by this software bug but the recorded date is only one day earlier and the time is wrong. The smart controller has the correct date and time but this is not being recognized by the recorded flight logs, recorded photos, and video. SC firmware: 01.00.400 and GO 4 firmware: 4.3.14

"photos and video files are also affected by this software bug but the recorded date is only one day earlier"

Actually, I *THINK* that is not necessarily true.  The pictures I took on March 20, 2019, show a date of March 8, 2019.  Which from what I can tell as the last time I flew and recorded images.  So that the date may reflect the last time items were dated.  Not necessarily a day or two ago.  I, too, have the 2013 date in items I copied to the SC using the "Review Icon" and then downloaded them.  And as indicated, the images have the wrong date in their EXIF files, too.  

For me it is a pain but I guess I don't know the 107 license requirements but that sounds like a real problem.  

2019-3-22
Use props
GABarber
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94190 ft
United States

I have the same issue - Mavic 2 Pro - Smart Controller - all my pictures come out with the same date!
2019-3-22
Use props
nlrocks
lvl.1
Canada

I also have  the same issue with the date. I have tried so many things. This is so frustrating. I had my other Mavic for 2 years and never had a issue. Darn it, I sold it to help pay for this new improved Mavic 2. Not sure it was a good move. I also got gimbal overload with my  mavic 2. Also my cashe pictures are not showing up on my smart controller. Come on DJI, push out some kind of update to fix these issues.  I guess I have to reset everything all over again
2019-3-25
Use props
GABarber
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94190 ft
United States

Since 0400 My smart controller resets the date, time, and zone every time its turned off and on...does yours do the same (before resyncing with wifi)
2019-3-26
Use props
fans19078497
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18911 ft
United States

Same thing on my SC. Started yesterday after firmware update.
2019-3-26
Use props
fieryrobot
New
Flight distance : 22500 ft
United States

I saw this too but then reformatted internal storage and the date seems OK now although I've not done anything extensive to test so far...
2019-3-26
Use props
Mav505
lvl.1
Flight distance : 227707 ft
United States

Having the same problem here....hopefully this is something that can be taken care of quickly.
2019-3-26
Use props
Nick Ross0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35358 ft
United States

Having the same issue... help?
2019-3-26
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
First Officer
Flight distance : 11597195 ft
  • >>>
United States

I experienced the same situation. I signed out and resigned in, thing has no change.
2019-3-27
Use props
Jonny Lakewood
lvl.3
United States

Hello,
Along with the info I/we have added above; I would like to add that when I review my flight data and drone information on the Airdata UAV app, I see that my Mavic 2 Zoom and my three batteries show I purchased them on Jan 18, 2013.  I have not found a way to edit that info.  It is possible to change the title date of the flight (in Airdata) but that does not update any of the individual flight data dates.  
Airdata UAV is an application I charged with holding my official flight data and do to a firmware problem with the DJI Smart Controller, I AM LOGGING FALSE INFORMATION.

The date in the smart controller can be changed to the current date (and time).  If you fly after setting the date, that date shows as it should in the DJI Flight Data but the other part of the flight title, the location, shows 'map loading' instead of the city I am in.  Previous flights show the date and city in the title of the flight.

When I set the date and time as above, smart controller reverts back to 1-18-2013 if it is powered off.

WE NEED SOME HELP HERE!!
2019-3-27
Use props
Mav505
lvl.1
Flight distance : 227707 ft
United States

Mine shows "Map Loading" as well.. also how is my top altitude -68.7 ?
2019-3-27
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

Mav505 Posted at 3-27 16:26
Mine shows "Map Loading" as well.. also how is my top altitude -68.7 ?
[view_image]

DJI should not need more information than your print showing that 2013 date.
2019-3-28
Use props
kevmark58
lvl.1
United States

Same thing here.  Brand new MP2 and Smart Controller arrived Saturday .  All batteries, controller and UAV updated with new firmware.   Correct date set in controller.  Took for short practice flights today.  Photos and videos recorded with January 18, 2013.  Everyone is getting a 2013 date.  DJI needs to make a very quick firmware update as many of us are legally bound to the date our photos and videos are shot.
2019-3-28
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

kevmark58 Posted at 3-28 17:12
Same thing here.  Brand new MP2 and Smart Controller arrived Saturday .  All batteries, controller and UAV updated with new firmware.   Correct date set in controller.  Took for short practice flights today.  Photos and videos recorded with January 18, 2013.  Everyone is getting a 2013 date.  DJI needs to make a very quick firmware update as many of us are legally bound to the date our photos and videos are shot.

It is now more than a week.  No fix so far.

I understand there are legal implications for some licensed pilots.

2019-3-28
Use props
Nick Ross0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35358 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-11 15:39
Thank you, I already forwarded the concern. Once I have the answer, I will reach back to you. Thanks!

do we have an update yet? it's been almost 2 weeks and we are still having this issue. This is a legal problem for people who are licensed and rely on proper dates.
2019-3-28
Use props
Dan M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15058491 ft
  • >>>
United States

While I'm not getting the 2013 date, my M2P/Smart Controller combination seems to use the date the Smart Controller was last connected to a network. If I power it up at my house today, then go shoot somewhere next week, the EXIF data and file creation date will be today, and not the actual flight date.
***EDIT***
I just powered up the Smart Controller, and shut off WiFi before it had a chance to connect. While my photos have never shown January 18, 2013, the Smart Controller is showing that date. After turning the WiFi back on, the automatic network date and time displayed correctly.  I then turned WiFi back off, turned off Aurtomatic date and time, set the date and time manually, and rebooted. Right back to January 18, 2013, 3:50am.  The clock seems to be starting there, and counting forward. (3:51am, one minute after booting up.
This is really making a mess out of asset management, since the best I can do to corrrect this is to go back to my images on the computer, and manually set the two EXIF dates. The time is a pain to adjust, mainly because my records don't have the exact time of each shot without accurate EXIF data.

2019-3-29
Use props
Hemlock
lvl.1
United States

Same problem for me as well.  This needs an immediate fix, especially for us commercial pilots.   DJI, get it done!
2019-3-29
Use props
RWPilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48940 ft
United States

I verified today that the Smart Controller(SC) reverts to the January 18 2013  date and time of 0150 when shut off. Today I planned a waypoint flight while on WIFI verified the date and time was correct and saved the plan then shut off the SC. When I turned on the SC minutes later with no WIFI connection, to fly, I noticed the date & time was back to January 18 2013 and 0150. I went to where I could reconnect to WIFI and let the SC update to the correct date and this time, left the SC on, disconnected from WIFI, and flew. The resulting flight log, and videos stored on the Mavic 2 zoom onboard MicroSD card, had the correct date and time.  Conclusion: when the SC is shut off it reverts to a date & time of January 18 2013 and 0150, it doesn’t retain the correct date and time and as a result all subsequent flight logs, videos, and photos are stamped with this incorrect date & time. See attached Screen shots showing the SC time when turned on before updating using WIFI network time, then the SC time after updating using WIFI network and the last screen shot attachment shows todays flight log with the correct time. All the previous flight logs have the January 18 2013 date because the SC reverts to that date when it is shut off.

The SC must be able to retain the correct date and time when shut off and without the WIFI network(except for perhaps occasional updates) otherwise all flight logs, videos, photos and anything else that requires a date and time reference will be provided erroneous information.

Can the SC and MAVIC 2 use the GPS network for date and time?

Wifi updated date & Time

Wifi updated date & Time

Default Date and time

Default Date and time

Flt log recorded with wifi updated time older flts reflect default date & time

Flt log recorded with wifi updated time older flts reflect default date & time
2019-3-30
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Looks like the problem is solved now, guys... have a look at yours logs!
2019-4-1
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules