1077 14 2019-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChrisJG
First Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Despite the UK NATS app showing Seething as being a "yellow" "Fly with caution" zone, the DJI App will no longer allow me to take off and land from our own observatory.
However, I could take off and land from about half a mile away and get close enough to survey the site. Seething Airfield adjoins our site but their aircraft are not permitted to overfly the observatory. Managed a quick few photos in 'Tripod" mode before the sun started to set.

Chris

Seething Obsy, March 2019

Seething Obsy, March 2019
2019-3-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Chris. I am sorry to know that the Seething Observatory is under the NFZ and thank you for posting this beautiful photo from the Seething Observatory in England. IJust for reference in order to increase flight safety and prevent accidental flights in restricted areas, DJI has introduced a No Fly Zones feature to help everyone use their DJI drones safely and legally. If the user need to open a restricted zone, you may go to this official DJI website at https://www.dji.com/flysafe/custom-unlock or to open a restricted zone. Thank you.
2019-3-11
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-11 12:13
Hello and good day Chris. I am sorry to know that the Seething Observatory is under the NFZ and thank you for posting this beautiful photo from the Seething Observatory in England. IJust for reference in order to increase flight safety and prevent accidental flights in restricted areas, DJI has introduced a No Fly Zones feature to help everyone use their DJI drones safely and legally. If the user need to open a restricted zone, you may go to this official DJI website at https://www.dji.com/flysafe/custom-unlock or to open a restricted zone. Thank you.

Thank you for the information Stephen.
2019-3-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

ChrisJG Posted at 3-11 12:54
Thank you for the information Stephen.

If you have any question or concern feel free to reach us back. Thanks!
2019-3-11
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cool shot
2019-3-11
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Nice shot! Are you a professional astronom or is it your hobby?
2019-3-11
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

2019-3-11
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lysak2003 Posted at 3-11 23:30

Thank you, not a professional astronomer, I have more passion for astronomy than flying my drone, but the weather over the past 6/7 years has been so unsettled that the nights spent at a telescope have diminished. Am very lucky to have an astronomy club that owns its site just 25 miles from home.
2019-3-11
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

ChrisJG Posted at 3-11 23:49
Thank you, not a professional astronomer, I have more passion for astronomy than flying my drone, but the weather over the past 6/7 years has been so unsettled that the nights spent at a telescope have diminished. Am very lucky to have an astronomy club that owns its site just 25 miles from home.
Have never thought about dependence between weather and celestial observation. Indeed something happen with temperature and clouds movement now. I don't know is it because of calorific effect, but winter a couple of recent years is definitely wormer then in the past, and summer is hotter.
Anyway, it's really interesting. Do you take pictures with your telescope?
2019-3-12
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lysak2003 Posted at 3-12 00:42
Have never thought about dependence between weather and celestial observation. Indeed something happen with temperature and clouds movement now. I don't know is it because of calorific effect, but winter a couple of recent years is definitely wormer then in the past, and summer is hotter.
Anyway, it's really interesting. Do you take pictures with your telescope?

The weather is certainly changing. I'm a visual observer, for me it's the thrill of hunting and finding the faint objects, so do not take pictures with my telescope.
To do so requires lots of time, skill, patience. It's also another level up of pain and poverty; astro cameras, filters etc are so expensive. In the club we have a few who are very, very good  and won awards, so am content to enjoy their work!
2019-3-12
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

ChrisJG Posted at 3-12 02:59
The weather is certainly changing. I'm a visual observer, for me it's the thrill of hunting and finding the faint objects, so do not take pictures with my telescope.
To do so requires lots of time, skill, patience. It's also another level up of pain and poverty; astro cameras, filters etc are so expensive. In the club we have a few who are very, very good  and won awards, so am content to enjoy their work!

Here in Odessa we have the oldest operating astronomical observatory in Ukraine, constructed in 1870.
The building is situated near the stadium, so it officially NFZ and unfortunately I can't fly there.
2019-3-13
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lysak2003 Posted at 3-13 04:01
Here in Odessa we have the oldest operating astronomical observatory in Ukraine, constructed in 1870.
The building is situated near the stadium, so it officially NFZ and unfortunately I can't fly there.[view_image]

Nice looking refractor, you MUST visit them one evening in winter and ask them to point the telescope at the Orion Nebula; if you have not seen it before it's very worth observing!
Thanks for sharing the photo!
2019-3-13
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

ChrisJG Posted at 3-13 05:58
Nice looking refractor, you MUST visit them one evening in winter and ask them to point the telescope at the Orion Nebula; if you have not seen it before it's very worth observing!
Thanks for sharing the photo!

Thank you for advice! Going there with my son next winter. He is obsessed with Universe Exploration and in his 11 already dreams to become a part of Elon Musk command to get to Mars.
2019-3-13
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lysak2003 Posted at 3-13 07:13
Thank you for advice! Going there with my son next winter. He is obsessed with Universe Exploration and in his 11 already dreams to become a part of Elon Musk command to get to Mars.

Excellent idea to visit, good luck to your son with Elon....You know that you can visit ESA in the Netherlands at their open day each year? I think in October? Am not sure how costly it will be to travel. For me not too much but requires two nights in a hotel - so far my work gets in the way.
2019-3-13
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lysak2003 Posted at 3-13 07:13

Here’s the link for last year https://www.esa.int/About_Us/ESTEC/Open_day_2018, think in the Summer they will open for 2019
2019-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules