Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Upload video to drone
1033 11 2019-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans54338268
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52320 ft
United States

How do you upload a video from your PC that was on the spark at one time.   Would like to be able to edit it again with the DJI4 app.  The file I need is on the SD card but will not show up in the editing part
2019-3-11
Use props
nilanjan118
lvl.4
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

The video is never "on the Spark". It is either on the SD card mounted on the Spark (Full HD version) or a low resolution cached version of that on the memory of the mobile device you are using.
The videos you see on the DJI Go4 editor are actually the cached videos on the phone. So I assume you ran out of cache memory and the video you are looking for got deleted from the phone.
Now I am not sure if copying the SD card version of the video to the phone will enable you to edit with the Go4 editor but you can give it a try.
2019-3-11
Use props
fans54338268
lvl.1
United States

nilanjan118 Posted at 3-11 17:23
The video is never "on the Spark". It is either on the SD card mounted on the Spark (Full HD version) or a low resolution cached version of that on the memory of the mobile device you are using.
The videos you see on the DJI Go4 editor are actually the cached videos on the phone. So I assume you ran out of cache memory and the video you are looking for got deleted from the phone.
Now I am not sure if copying the SD card version of the video to the phone will enable you to edit with the Go4 editor but you can give it a try.

You are right I thought I was done with them so they were deleted from the app after I had made a short video. I had to save the originals from the ST card to the PC  so yes you are right I need to get it back into the Cache on the phone not sure how to do that
2019-3-11
Use props
fans54338268
lvl.1
United States

fans54338268 Posted at 3-11 17:43
You are right I thought I was done with them so they were deleted from the app after I had made a short video. I had to save the originals from the ST card to the PC  so yes you are right I need to get it back into the Cache on the phone not sure how to do that

PS iam using a.   I Phone 10xr
2019-3-11
Use props
nilanjan118
lvl.4
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

fans54338268 Posted at 3-11 17:43
You are right I thought I was done with them so they were deleted from the app after I had made a short video. I had to save the originals from the ST card to the PC  so yes you are right I need to get it back into the Cache on the phone not sure how to do that

You can connect your phone to your computer with the help of a USB cable and then browse to the folder on the phone where cached videos are stored. It will require a bit of searching but you can look for folders with string "DJI", "Go4", "DJI record". You can then copy the file from your SD card to this folder. I tried this once and although the Go4 editor could detect the copied file, the app simply kept crashing when I tried to work with this Full-HD file. Now I am not sure if it is the limitation of the app or my mobile device but I couldn't find a working solution to this issue I faced. May be you could try the same and see if it works?
2019-3-11
Use props
fans54338268
lvl.1
United States

nilanjan118 Posted at 3-11 17:53
You can connect your phone to your computer with the help of a USB cable and then browse to the folder on the phone where cached videos are stored. It will require a bit of searching but you can look for folders with string "DJI", "Go4", "DJI record". You can then copy the file from your SD card to this folder. I tried this once and although the Go4 editor could detect the copied file, the app simply kept crashing when I tried to work with this Full-HD file. Now I am not sure if it is the limitation of the app or my mobile device but I couldn't find a working solution to this issue I faced. May be you could try the same and see if it works?

Ok thanks I’ll keep working on it
2019-3-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. There will be two files that will be saved while the aircraft is recording. The file on your DJI GO 4 app is only cache files wherein the resolution is low compared to the files on your SD card where the original files will be stored. If you need the file on the SD card, I would recommend using an sd card reader and connect it to our computer to export the file, however, you may need to connect your mobile device to your computer and locate the DJI GO 4 app folder if you want to export the cache files on your application. Please keep us posted if you have other concerns. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-12
Use props
fans54338268
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-12 12:56
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. There will be two files that will be saved while the aircraft is recording. The file on your DJI GO 4 app is only cache files wherein the resolution is low compared to the files on your SD card where the original files will be stored. If you need the file on the SD card, I would recommend using an sd card reader and connect it to our computer to export the file, however, you may need to connect your mobile device to your computer and locate the DJI GO 4 app folder if you want to export the cache files on your application. Please keep us posted if you have other concerns. Thank you for continued support.

Yes I know how to do that but I want to go back the other way and go from the PC to the app.  In other words take a MP4 files from my PC put it back into the app so I can edit it.  The app won’t show it unless it’s in cache
2019-3-12
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

And in 720p, again, I think
2019-3-12
Use props
fans54338268
lvl.1
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 3-12 13:21
And in 720p, again, I think

I think it’s in 720 at first after  you fly your drone but then you download the original onto your phone it must be going into another folder because you can edit the original HD version with the go for app after you download the original to the app
2019-3-12
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I can't remember, where I think that I got my "information", and I do not edit video with the app, anyway, but I think I have read, some time ago, that the Go4 app Editor  is using the cached video for the editing, before it renders the FHD video .
Which may be the reason, that opening the FHD file in the editor is chrashing the app.

But as I wrote, I cant point to that, right now.
2019-3-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans54338268 Posted at 3-12 13:08
Yes I know how to do that but I want to go back the other way and go from the PC to the app.  In other words take a MP4 files from my PC put it back into the app so I can edit it.  The app won’t show it unless it’s in cache

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. I would like to clarify that you've managed to export the cache files from the app into the computer, correct? If yes, may we know if those files are edited on the application? We will check this query from our designated department to see if we could possibly get the file from the computer and put it back to the application as a cache file. Thank you for understanding.
2019-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules