waypoint 2.0 for Mavic 2 is extremely buggy
1545 5 2019-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_0I35M3QA6SFA
lvl.1
United States

I am surprised DJI even released this code.  I have the following observations from trying to make a simple 2 PT task with a POI;

selecting TPs is extremely difficult, even on an ipad.  It usually creates an additional point or fails to select
same is true (or even worse) for POIs.  It just keeps creating them rather than selecting the first one
when task is started via the "GO" button, drone goes to TP#1, then starts towards TP#2 before rotating to face the POI!
after completion, drone returns to first TP as instructed, BUT;
task cannot be re-flown with go button; "not enough turnpoints"
task cannot be cancelled with "X" button- nothing changes
so I can't get out of point to point mode.
also, the default of "going home" after task completion is unexpected- should be set to hover in place as default!

I would not use this feature until an update is available and these serious bugs are fixed.  What are others experiencing?
2019-3-11
Use props
Martyfilm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1159688 ft
Canada

Same thing on my end on the new Smart RC no less.  Very difficult to pick points on their own monitor.   Sorry I know this isn't helping but Admin team should know about their own poor design.
2019-3-11
Use props
edeone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164685 ft
Germany

I have the same problems, and found a way out. After the mission, cancel rth, and load new mission or create a new mission. the only way to leave the waypoints mod. the GPS coordinates are also not very accurate in the waypoints mod. an update would be very nice.
2019-3-12
Use props
SlickR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 642559 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm finding it a complete pain to be honest. I agree with all your points but I have found it problematic when trying to plan and execute a manual mission by flying to the desired location, pressing C1 and creating a few different waypoints. When I go to start the mssion, the last waypoint tick box is missing in the app. This means I am unable to start my mission in reverse.
Occasionally when I can get it to work and use a POI, the camera judders as it rotates and occasionally stops at each waypoint and then quickly starts up again.

Deffo needs some serious attention!.
2019-3-28
Use props
Twirlip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2461545 ft
United States

Aside from bugginess, one question I have:

I've got a Mavic Pro (currently thinking about getting a Mavic 2 Pro).  One of the things about the Waypoints feature on the Mavic Pro that I think is utterly silly is... the camera gimbal pitch isn't included in the waypoint settings!  That is, the waypoint stores the location, and also the direction the drone is facing... but not the vertical pitch of the camera.

That seems really silly to me, like a design oversight.

I was just wondering... bugs aside, does the 2.0 version of this on the Mavic 2 Pro include gimbal pitch as a property of each waypoint, as it should?  Or is this feature still missing?
2019-3-30
Use props
SlickR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 642559 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

New firmware, no improvement
2019-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now