Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 Adv Firware Error
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brayden.G
lvl.1
Australia

Hi everyone,

The other day I purchased a Phantom 4 Advanced (previously I had a spark drone) that had been refurbished but it had not been flown in 8 months.
The guy who sold it to me updated it to 02.01.01.00 before I purchased it and I check to make sure it was correct. But now I keep getting a "New Firmware Update Available" message whenever I open the Go 4 app, but then second later it goes "Firmware up to date: Ready to fly".
I tried to update using the Assistant as the app didn't want to update for me. And I still got the same "Firmware installation Failed" message every time I tried to install it. Am I doing the right thing or am I already running the latest firmware?
Is 02.01.01.00 the laterst firmware version for the Phantom 4 Advanced?

I also had another question. I have gotten a "Battery Error" message three or four times now. Could this be happening because the battery has been left near 0% charge for so many months? If it is am I ok to still fly with it or should I replace the battery?

Thanks
2019-3-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about the situation. Could you please verify to us if you're using a built-in remote controller? If not, have you tried to uninstall and re-install the application to see if the prompt message would persist? Please save your important files and sync your flight records before deleting the app. Would it be possible if you could provide us with a screenshot of the firmware version of your unit using the app? this information can be found in the "About" section using the application, please ensure that the aircraft and remote controller are connected while locating this option. For the "Battery error", I would like to clarify if you noticed this error message upon updating the firmware of the drone? May we have the serial number of the battery via PM for us to check the authenticity? We would not recommend flying the drone while having this particular error message due to avoid the incident that will damage the drone further. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2019-3-12
Use props
Brayden.G
lvl.1
Australia

Hi, thanks for the speedy reply. The firmware fixed itself. The message has gone away and I no longer have any issues with it.
As for the battery, I have done 2 flights since I posted this (only a few meters off the ground) to test and see if it would happen again. So far nothing has happened but I will keep an eye on it and see if it persists. I will be able to PM you the Battery serial number later today as I am not home for a few hours.
2019-3-12
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9593 ft
United States

If you keep the battery at 0% for too long then the battery will be damaged, so I recommend getting a new one.
2019-4-12
Use props
KEJ
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Read through this

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D368%26typeid%3D368

Good luck, but basically I updated my drone first via computer, have a read

Cheers
2019-4-21
Use props
Advanced