Correct way to change from 5.8 to 2.4 on Spark controller
4041 3 2019-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
caseysloan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 288839 ft
United States

I have watched many videos on changing from 5.8 to 2.4 if you want to extend your range. I understand choosing "Custom" and then selecting a band 1-11. What I am unclear about is the strategy in selecting  the specific 2.4 band. Do I want to select the brand that has the greatest green height on the bar chart - or the lowest? I assume more people are using the higher green channel - but is that something I want to leverage - or avoid? What is the "correct" channel to ideally use?

Also, after selecting the 2.4 channel and the Spark reboots to accept it one video suggested you should click "Auto" so, presumably, if you encounter interference on that channel the control will automatically select another 2.4 channel to use (which feels like a smart thing to do). Is this correct?

Thanks!

2019-3-11
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

My understanding of the bar diagram is:
A small green is good, a large green is not so good, but still good
But a large green becomes a larger red one, in the end.

Also the blue one (your actual channel) should be as little as possible, imho

Wait: You are in Florida, right?
How is CE a good choice in a (the) FCC country?

And yes, the Spark choses automatic bands in flight.
(Which is the great advantages of flying with a cable, BOTH bands are available!)
Never checked if it also switches channels automatic, without switching bands, first!
2019-3-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. When you have set your preferred frequency between 2.4GHz  and 5.8 GHz, you could select the channel depending on your preferences. There are three colors on each line, the green lines mean a stable channel, the blue line means your current channel, and the red line means an unstable channel. I would recommend selecting the green line channels, however, the lowest signal or line would be the most stable signal compared to the other green signal lines but then again those green lines are still stable compared to the red lines. When selecting the "Auto" channel mode, the aircraft would automatically switch between 2.4GHz  and 5.8 GHz depending on the environment which one would be the most suitable. Hope that I was able to satisfy your query for today. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-12
Use props
MccloudSpark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

From what I have read (and can remember) - 5.8 should be quieter (less users) because most devices use 2.4.  However, 2.4 will reach farther.  If you switch back to auto then Sparky will again decide which channel to use, immediately.
2019-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules