Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Panorama sphere question
2719 15 2019-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Surferstevo
Flight distance : 64065 ft
United States

I really like the sphere panoramas but the only place where I can scroll around 360 is in the dji app. When I try to import I just get a static photo. How do I import those photos so I can share the "360 scrolling' with others?
Also I like these "globe" effect but the only way I have found to import that was to just grab a screenshot. Is there another way? Thanks.
DJI Albumpanorama_1552350311843.jpg
SmartSelect_20190311-172921.jpg
2019-3-11
Use props
nilanjan118
First Officer
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

I downloaded your picture and did something with it. Could you please download the copy I am sharing and confirm if it is what you are looking for?
If your phone is compatible, you should get the interactive 360 degree experience. Otherwise, you can try uploading it to Facebook or Google Photos to check.
DJI Albumpanorama_1552350311843-copy(1).jpg
2019-3-11
Use props
Surferstevo
United States

nilanjan118 Posted at 3-11 19:52
I downloaded your picture and did something with it. Could you please download the copy I am sharing and confirm if it is what you are looking for?
If your phone is compatible, you should get the interactive 360 degree experience. Otherwise, you can try uploading it to Facebook or Google Photos to check.[Image]
That's kind of what I was looking for. I know real estate sites will give you what I was getting in the dji go app. That was what I wanted to share. The one you posted was more jelly like. But how did you do that?
2019-3-11
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Export you 46 pictures to the computer (if on PC), download Microsoft ICE and have fun (little "Planets")
On Apple, you need some other soft, I just dont know about iOS
Oh:
And for scrolling around, upload your "flat Pano", in 2:1 (8000:4000 works well) to skypixel or any other 360 Website
2019-3-11
Use props
nilanjan118
First Officer
Japan

Surferstevo Posted at 3-11 20:27
That's kind of what I was looking for. I know real estate sites will give you what I was getting in the dji go app. That was what I wanted to share. The one you posted was more jelly like. But how did you do that?

Good to know. Now here's how-to-do-it.

Go to https://www.thexifer.net/
Upload the image.
In tab "XMP GPano Tags", scroll down and enter the following -
ProjectionType: "equirectangular"
UsePanoramaViewer: "true"

Also, make sure the following are in 1:2 aspect ratio in the same tab -
CroppedAreaImageHeightPixels
CroppedAreaImageWidthPixels

If you resize the original image (like you did here), you will need to enter the height and width pixels manually.

2019-3-11
Use props
nilanjan118
First Officer
Japan

I know you had to reduce the resolution of your image to upload in this forum, but if you use the stitched image directly downloaded on your phone, you can apply the same method and share in Facebook or Google Photos in much better resolution. Here's one of my images.
https://photos.google.com/photo/ ... PacFf81vjMIV5mlFBBN
2019-3-11
Use props
Surferstevo
United States

Hey, thanks for your comments. Much appreciated.
2019-3-11
Use props
nilanjan118
First Officer
Japan

You are welcome mate.
2019-3-11
Use props
Rustic17
Captain
Flight distance : 2716936 ft
United States

The are some good YouTube videos on "how to make a tiny planet"
2019-3-11
Use props
ArnoSpark
First Officer
Kenya

nilanjan118 Posted at 3-11 20:34
Good to know. Now here's how-to-do-it.

Go to https://www.thexifer.net/

I usually use Adobe photoshop to make mine after getting the photos on the computer i stitch them and change them to spherical tiny planet. however i will read about your method.
2019-3-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're glad that you've managed to figure out your inquiry via the help of your valued customers. You could also consider using our Skypixel to do the Panorama sphere mode on your aircraft. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-12
Use props
nilanjan118
First Officer
Japan

ArnoSpark Posted at 3-11 23:00
I usually use Adobe photoshop to make mine after getting the photos on the computer i stitch them and change them to spherical tiny planet. however i will read about your method.

Hi Arno, there's always more than one way of doing things, isn't it? I find downloading all the 46 pictures and then stitching with Photoshop or MS ICE quite cumbersome. So I prefer to use the "stitched image" from the Go4 app directly and just edit the EXIF to get the interactive 360 degree experience as explained in my post above. There is absolutely no doubt that the method you are suggesting yields the best image resolution. Both ways work. I was just suggesting my preferred method. Cheers!!
2019-3-12
Use props
ArnoSpark
First Officer
Kenya

nilanjan118 Posted at 3-12 15:36
Hi Arno, there's always more than one way of doing things, isn't it? I find downloading all the 46 pictures and then stitching with Photoshop or MS ICE quite cumbersome. So I prefer to use the "stitched image" from the Go4 app directly and just edit the EXIF to get the interactive 360 degree experience as explained in my post above. There is absolutely no doubt that the method you are suggesting yields the best image resolution. Both ways work. I was just suggesting my preferred method. Cheers!!

Yes and i would love to learn other ways as well its good to know Cheers mate
2019-3-12
Use props
MavSpa_user
Captain
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

With this you can scroll your pano , or making a screensaver.
http://www.wpanorama.com/wpanorama.php
2019-3-13
Use props
MavSpa_user
Captain
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

And it's free software
2019-3-13
Use props
pmshop
Captain
Flight distance : 7881391 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here is how I do it on an iOS mobile device:
1) Stitch together using the phone
2) Save to phone
3) Use OneDrive (or similar cloud service) to get the pic to the laptop computer - downloading direct from the device will work as well but sometimes I'm in the field.
4) Save the .png file as a .jpg using MS Paint.
5) In the picture properties, change the camera make to RICOH and change the camera model to RICOH THETA S
6) Click apply and close out the properties window.
7) The picture is now ready fro direct upload to Facebook which stitches it into a 360° pano.

Some people have had luck with the Hangar360 app...me, not so much.
2019-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules