Cheaters - Worst Service Ever from DJI Germany
1136 17 2019-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paparatsi13
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43980 ft
Greece

This is what official DJI said after of 7 Months!!!! investigation of my drone mavic air.It took them 7 months to respond this ....They didnt replaced it,the didnt repair it they didnt say anything about why happened to avoid the consequences.

Date of the flight: Aug 11, 2018, fly038.
SN: 0K1CF4R3AE08Y1
1. The aircraft was piloted under GPS mode and responded to the pilot’s control well;
2. T=01:08, h=50.2 m, d=32.1 m, the aircraft flew rightward after the pilot moved the Aileron rightward, then it flipped over and began falling down;
3. Incident Position: 64.8253745 -23.3883976.
Conclusion: Unable to judge.

PS:My mavic air (SN: 0K1CF4R3AE08Y1) falled down after an ordinary flight without any communication & control from my phone.
I just saw a message in the screen "System Fatal Error".

2019-3-12
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

??? is that for real?
if they can not understand what happened from own logs, it should be taken as faulty unit and replaced... AFAIK Air dont have acro mode so flips are not allowed
so a glitch in soft, propeller broken/hardware error or it hit something in air would be explanation for me to flip

but to let us help You and understand situation, please attach every evidence You send to them - like logs, maybe some story background, video from drone/phone, etc..  as now it's not enough info to get any conclusion.
2019-3-12
Use props
paparatsi13
lvl.1
Greece

KREMi Posted at 3-12 06:04
??? is that for real?
if they can not understand what happened from own logs, it should be taken as faulty unit and replaced... AFAIK Air dont have acro mode  so flips are not allowed
so a glitch in soft, propeller broken/hardware error or it hit something in air would be explanation for me to flip

in a few words..
I sent the craft via a officiall reseller in Greece (they made the communication) to DJI Germany in mid of Sep18 pointing out that the craft had a crash during a flight and taking the message "Fatal error system" in the screen.
I've been told to upload in the cloud of DJI all logs of the craft i had in the phone,i did it.
After a few weeks they asked me to send them another files (do not remember what ,dont forget it was months ago) i did it again.Meanwhile the reseller told me that DJI could not find something wrong.
I insisted to tell them that this is not possible cause my craft falled down in front of my eyes.
The time has gone and no news fro DJI I was still pushing the reseller to tell me what is wrong with them.
2 weeks ago the reseller informed me that DJI found some problem to the camera and they are asking 260 euros to repair plus 45 euros the shipping and they could not cover the damage for the crafts warranty.
I  went to the reseller building.
We decided to underline the date of the crash cause they may search only the logs of the latest ones.
We have mentioned them that the craft although the crash continued to take off and it has just scratches around the body.
Finally the officiall DJI sent us this.
Can you believe this!?
This is the worst customer experience ive ever had.
We told them how to find the date of crash and they replied us.Yes it falled down but we dont know why.
This is the ridiculous reply of DJI!!!!
2019-3-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

paparatsi13 Posted at 3-12 06:42
in a few words..
I sent the craft via a officiall reseller in Greece (they made the communication) to DJI Germany in mid of Sep18 pointing out that the craft had a crash during a flight and taking the message "Fatal error system" in the screen.
I've been told to upload in the cloud of DJI all logs of the craft i had in the phone,i did it.

Some of your information is unclear.
What date and how long after your reseller sent your craft to dji did they reply claiming , no clear conclusion as to crash ?

What reply was given by you or reseller to instruct what you wanted to happen and when and if this did happen, did you receive a response?

Reading through the lines, it looks like your reseller may not have given his all to you and your case.

What normally happens, you contact dji they give you a case number they arrange for drone to be picked up usually UPS , they pick up from you at no cost and ship in your case to Netherlands , your drone is assessed in your case no blame for pilot no blame to dji, you will be given option to pay for repairs or not, if you choose not, then yourcraft will be returned at no cost to you, if you choose to have repaired you will be sent an email asking to pay once paid, repair will take place and ship back to you, this process should only take two weeks.

If you on the other hand refuse to accept decision, then a second opinion will be given if it finds the same conclusion then you will have choice to pay or not.

There obviously has been some breakdown either because of dji or you or your reseller, your reseller should have been looking after your interest here, in keeping on top of dji and making sure that both sides were corresponding, but this doesn’t seem to be the case.

I suggest you put up your case number here on the forum, and ask for the help of a moderator to find out why this went so wrong for you and how you ended up been treated they way you say you were.

The decision by dji because of any lack of proof in your flight logs , not to offer you warranty is pretty normal I’m sorry to say.
2019-3-12
Use props
BobB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Do as hallmark007 say's "put up your case number here on the forum, and ask for the help of a moderator to find out why this went so wrong for you and how you ended up been treated they way you say you were."
2019-3-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, sorry for the troubles you had with the results of the analysis. Kindly PM us the associated case number (CAS), we'd like to see and check what we might possibly help you with. Thank you for your patience.
2019-3-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

#2 Reads like a drone failure.  One would think when DJI can't determine cause from their own BlackBox data, it would fall to DJI, not customer.
2019-3-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

KREMi Posted at 3-12 06:04
??? is that for real?
if they can not understand what happened from own logs, it should be taken as faulty unit and replaced... AFAIK Air dont have acro mode  so flips are not allowed

Are you saying, that if logs show no malfunction that they should offer warranty, I think if the cause of the flip over was malfunction it would have shown up as a fault with the craft.

The logs represent the flying functions of the craft, surely if the craft caused itself to flip over it would be reported in the logs, and it is more than possible that the user caused it to flip, I’m not sure but I can think of several ways to flip a craft that would almost certainly show up in the log .
2019-3-12
Use props
paparatsi13
lvl.1
Greece

hallmark007 Posted at 3-12 08:15
Some of your information is unclear.
What date and how long after your reseller sent your craft to dji did they reply claiming , no clear conclusion as to crash ?

Thanks for your reply.
My case seems to be:
[Support] : RE CAS-2268857-Z1W7X8
I just want to let you know that  DJI had my craft 7 months and they could not find any logs from the crash.A few days ago (7-3-2019) i visited my reseller to get my craft back and he informed me that the only thing they found it was some damage in the camera (normal after a 50m height fall) with a cost of 260 euros which of course i refused to pay.I and the reseller decided to underline the date of crash cause the fall happened in 11-8-2018 but after that i continued to make flights at my trip as my mavic was very tough to die.When i came back form my trip i went to the reseller with my craft, i explained them what and when happened and they sent it to DJI Germany (mid of September).
After that remark (date of crash) they finally ( found the corresponding logs and confirmed the fact of fall but with no solution.
12-3-2019

1. The aircraft was piloted under GPS mode and responded to the pilot’s control well;
2. T=01:08, h=50.2 m, d=32.1 m, the aircraft flew rightward after the pilot moved the Aileron rightward, then it flipped over and began falling down;

PS: One day the reseller asked my to visit him with my phone so as to extract all files by the respective folder of DJI in order to send them to support in Germany.
They did it.
I just want to say that the DJI Support had all files of my Macic Air and all log files for many months to do their job correctly.I hope i helped you.
2019-3-12
Use props
ahattar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 170446 ft
United States

My Mavic Pro flew away a few days ago on its own.  No error at take off, current update installed, tested sticks hovering like always.  I've never crashed any drone including this one.  It has been sent back to DJI 5 times since I bought it for the exact same reason.  Gimbal overload error.  It ruined countless jobs and made me look like an idiot multiple times.  DJI never replaced it, they just kept sending me back the same lemon over and over.  I had to nag them the entire time just to get an email response.  They don't answer any of your questions even if you're on the phone with them.  I tried to escalate the case multiple times to try to get a new replacement since the same drone kept having the same error rendering it useless.  I never received any contact from escalation even though that is what was supposed to happen.  They just drop the ball over and over until your warranty expires then your drone flys away on its own.  I will never buy a DJI product again.  I don't just own their drones either and I use some of their professional grade products.  They offered me absolutely nothing for my troubles ever, they just apologized for the "inconvenience"  Is it just me or is it more than an "inconvenience" when your $1000 drone flys away into the mountains and you lose thousands in revenue because you couldn't complete jobs and your drone makes you look like an unprofessional idiot?    They wouldn't even analyze the data since I'm just out of warranty.  I told them they obviously don't care about their product or customers if they don't want to at least try to figure out what happened so they can prevent it in the future.  Its a garbage company, buyer beware.      I guess all we can do is spread the word that DJI doesn't stand behind their product so more folks don't get screwed.  
2019-3-13
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

hallmark007 Posted at 3-12 12:32
Are you saying, that if logs show no malfunction that they should offer warranty, I think if the cause of the flip over was malfunction it would have shown up as a fault with the craft.

The logs represent the flying functions of the craft, surely if the craft caused itself to flip over it would be reported in the logs, and it is more than possible that the user caused it to flip, I’m not sure but I can think of several ways to flip a craft that would almost certainly show up in the log .

by "for real" I mean how long this case took to get a solution and weak client support. Partial blame would be middleman (reseller) as that for sure did affect response time, communication, etc.

and about flip/crash - without logs/vids/info I said we can't conclude anything. As this might be client rage after his fault crash, or DJI just pushing blame away for a crash that was no fault by pilot. (both cases were many times on forum already)  If no pilot fault - then it should be cover under warranty IMHO.
2019-3-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

KREMi Posted at 3-14 01:30
by "for real" I mean how long this case took to get a solution and weak client support. Partial blame would be middleman (reseller) as that for sure did affect response time, communication, etc.

and about flip/crash - without logs/vids/info I said we can't conclude anything. As this might be client rage after his fault crash, or DJI just pushing blame away for a crash that was no fault by pilot. (both cases were many times on forum already)  If no pilot fault - then it should be cover under warranty IMHO.

I’m not certain having it in the warranty would not leave it open to unscrupulous users.
But it’s always been the same no matter what, that if crash happens and logs don’t confirm exactly what happened. Result seems always to be broken up as No fault dji No fault pilot and an offer of 30% discount of new craft, if crash has been proven to be users fault then in this case 15% discount, if it’s proven to be malfunction then craft will be replaced New or Refurb. Maybe dji could post something to this effect, but I still wonder would such notice also encourage unscrupulous behaviour .
2019-3-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

paparatsi13 Posted at 3-12 23:49
Thanks for your reply.
My case seems to be:
[Support] : RE CAS-2268857-Z1W7X8

Hi paparatsi13, thanks for the case number, upon checking the case, the whole process was delayed because we were collecting the data. On 2018/10/10, we found no crash data upon checking the the flight logs, then we sent your dealer email for the incident date and the whole FR folder on 10/11. On 2019/1/17, we finally got all the required info but still no crash was found. The aircraft landed successfully during the last flight on Aug 18th. Incident log might be overwritten, the conclusion is unable to judge. On 2/20, the drone was sent back unrepaired because no payment. We are sincerely for the unpleasant experience.
2019-3-14
Use props
paparatsi13
lvl.1
Greece

DJI Diana Posted at 3-14 03:25
Hi paparatsi13, thanks for the case number, upon checking the case, the whole process was delayed because we were collecting the data. On 2018/10/10, we found no crash data upon checking the the flight logs, then we sent your dealer email for the incident date and the whole FR folder on 10/11. On 2019/1/17, we finally got all the required info but still no crash was found. The aircraft landed successfully during the last flight on Aug 18th. Incident log might be overwritten, the conclusion is unable to judge. On 2/20, the drone was sent back unrepaired because no payment. We are sincerely for the unpleasant experience.

Are you kidding me?
We underlined you that the accident took plaece in 11th of Ag 2018 and below is your answer!!!!

Is there any professional guy in DJI to undertake my case and find a solution???
2019-3-14
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

hallmark007 Posted at 3-12 12:32

Bothered to share how to flip any DJI drone? I have a bit of stick time with proper acro and 3d birds ranging from fixed wings to ccpm hellis and finally all sorts of multirotors. No matter how hard I try to flip the darn thing, IMU just fights back my attempts with ease. Hopefully I might learn something new....
2019-3-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 3-14 08:58
Bothered to share how to flip any DJI drone? I have a bit of stick time with proper acro and 3d birds ranging from fixed wings to ccpm hellis and finally all sorts of multirotors. No matter how hard I try to flip the darn thing, IMU just fights back my attempts with ease. Hopefully I might learn something new....

It must be able to be done as the OP has said this is what happened.
Try hand catching turn 90 degrees and drop it on the floor, I can think of a dozen more accidental ways to flip the craft once it’s landed.
I hope you learned something new ;+):::::::
2019-3-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

paparatsi13 Posted at 3-14 03:48
Are you kidding me?
We underlined you that the accident took plaece in 11th of Ag 2018 and below is your answer!!!!

Your concern will be escalated to the higher level team to double check, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-3-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

ahattar Posted at 3-13 10:29
My Mavic Pro flew away a few days ago on its own.  No error at take off, current update installed, tested sticks hovering like always.  I've never crashed any drone including this one.  It has been sent back to DJI 5 times since I bought it for the exact same reason.  Gimbal overload error.  It ruined countless jobs and made me look like an idiot multiple times.  DJI never replaced it, they just kept sending me back the same lemon over and over.  I had to nag them the entire time just to get an email response.  They don't answer any of your questions even if you're on the phone with them.  I tried to escalate the case multiple times to try to get a new replacement since the same drone kept having the same error rendering it useless.  I never received any contact from escalation even though that is what was supposed to happen.  They just drop the ball over and over until your warranty expires then your drone flys away on its own.  I will never buy a DJI product again.  I don't just own their drones either and I use some of their professional grade products.  They offered me absolutely nothing for my troubles ever, they just apologized for the "inconvenience"  Is it just me or is it more than an "inconvenience" when your $1000 drone flys away into the mountains and you lose thousands in revenue because you couldn't complete jobs and your drone makes you look like an unprofessional idiot?    They wouldn't even analyze the data since I'm just out of warranty.  I told them they obviously don't care about their product or customers if they don't want to at least try to figure out what happened so they can prevent it in the future.  Its a garbage company, buyer beware.      I guess all we can do is spread the word that DJI doesn't stand behind their product so more folks don't get screwed.

Hi ahattar, we have replied your own thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-183737-1-1.html Please keep us updated with the case number there and we will keep following up, thank you.
2019-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules