Upgrade RC from EC mode to FCC Mode
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
acquarius61
lvl.1
Flight distance : 143261 ft
Italy

Hi, I have lost my previous Phantom 4 in a terrific car accident with a truck..... Now I have a Phatntom 4 Adv. I greatlly appreciated the embedded display, always clear and readable on every light condition, but I find this new drone / RC lacking on range than the previous.
With the previous drone I arrived to 3,3 km range (!!!) while with the present at 1.8-2 km max there is the serious risk to totally loose the signal, and it already happened once, and I succeed in saving the drone thanks to the RTH function.
Someone told me that I can obtain a great improve by upgrading he drone/RC to FCC mode but I don't understand how to do, because both drone and RC are upgraded to the latest firmwares and they match properly.
Can you help me?
Best regards
Fabrizio

2019-3-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. About your question, Unfortunately, there is no way to change the FCC or CE this will be automatically set base on your region. This will be risky if ever something happens to your Aircraft and check the flight logs, the warranty will be voided. Best regards!
2019-3-12
Use props
acquarius61
lvl.1
Flight distance : 143261 ft
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-12 08:34
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. About your question, Unfortunately, there is no way to change the FCC or CE this will be automatically set base on your region. This will be risky if ever something happens to your Aircraft and check the flight logs, the warranty will be voided. Best regards!

Hi, but could I improve the RC and drone range by replacing antennas with amplificated ones? I have seen several model of compatible amplified antennas on the web
2019-3-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

acquarius61 Posted at 3-12 12:26
Hi, but could I improve the RC and drone range by replacing antennas with amplificated ones? I have seen several model of compatible amplified antennas on the web

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately we don't support modifying the unit and we don't have an official tutorial with regards to that. But heads up modifying the unit may lead to warranty loss. But we can still wait for the best recommendation from our valued members here. Thank you for your support.
2019-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules