DJI4 Phantom Remote Charging issue FIX
1542 9 2019-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cjpicou
New

United States

Hello all. I was having the common issue of the remote only showing 1 or 2 lights on the remote. It would constantly beep with only the red light showing and blinking 2 white lights. I read that there was a problem with the main board not recognizing the charging process. The battery was good, but would never charge and show the green light no matter how long I left it plugged in. I decided to try to send in to be repaired but that process is a joke. So I found how to do the "Re-flow" (soldering) method to fix on my own. I was skeptical,and was worried I would damage it. But it is extremely easy and worked perfect. Only took about 15 minutes.
Please check out this video I found on youtube. It explains where to heat the board. Also, I purchased an innexpensive flow soldering heat gun from amazon.
YAOGONG Automatic 858D SMD Digital Hot Air Gun Rework Soldering Station

Youtube Video to fix: you may have to copy and paste.
FIXED! DJI Phantom 4 remote  https://youtu.be/6pr6YhdnOYg?t=6

IMG_1510.jpg

Happy Flying!

After I Fixed it

After I Fixed it
2019-3-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

HI, we're sorry about the problem that you had with your remote, however, we're glad that you've managed to fix this situation. For a friendly reminder, we don't recommend to fix the drone on the customer's end as this process would void the warranty of the unit. We do appreciate your understanding. Please let us know if you need our assistance.
2019-3-12
Use props
Cjpicou
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-12 09:14
HI, we're sorry about the problem that you had with your remote, however, we're glad that you've managed to fix this situation. For a friendly reminder, we don't recommend to fix the drone on the customer's end as this process would void the warranty of the unit. We do appreciate your understanding. Please let us know if you need our assistance.

Yes thank you. It was out of warranty but I had only used it 5 times. The return process was confusing and lengthy. I would suggest a simpler method. Sorry if I am breaking protocol for suggesting others to fix. I should have stated that in my post that it will void the warranty. I debated buying another remote since I was so frustrated.
2019-3-12
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Nice save!
2019-3-12
Use props
P4P+_Brazil
lvl.4
Brazil

Same problem here.
2019-3-12
Use props
Grumpy D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18245 ft
United States

Good to hear it worked out for you. Thanks for the post.
2019-3-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Cjpicou Posted at 3-12 09:19
Yes thank you. It was out of warranty but I had only used it 5 times. The return process was confusing and lengthy. I would suggest a simpler method. Sorry if I am breaking protocol for suggesting others to fix. I should have stated that in my post that it will void the warranty. I debated buying another remote since I was so frustrated.

Hi, we do appreciate your understanding. It would still depend on our customers if they would choose to send the unit into our repair to possibly use the warranty or not. The repair process would take approximately 5-7 business days excluding the shipping back and forth and that would depend on the availability of the product. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-12
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

Saved a heap of dosh & downtime.  Well done !
2019-3-13
Use props
djiuser_cGQy9NAYFqmP
New

Thailand

I have the same problem, living in Thailand and actually only used it one time, then due to lengthy delays in obtaining my licence, registry, insurance etc with the Thai Authorities the warranty has expired.

I tried to return to the shop, they informed me to take to the Authorised service centre in Bangkok, so I did, there response was we can send it back to China but will take min 6 weeks and they had no idea what the cost would be, only it will be extremely expensive and might have to buy new remote control.

I didn't obviously leave it with them, being extremely frustrated with the customer care and knowing that this remote control fault is widespread amongst this model, I expect they should repair or change free of charge.

I'm still looking into now, but am appalled with the service so far
2019-3-25
Use props
gregoryj
lvl.1
Canada

I am surprised and dis-appointed this is not a "good will"  DJI repair for non warranty customers which there are many. It has been a very common and wide spread problem that was never caused by customer use or abuse and is a defect in manufacturing and/or design.  Customers should not have to pay anything for this to be "corrected" , not even shipping.  DJI has great products , too bad they don't back them when they make an obvious  mistake in design like this.
2020-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules