DJI Assistant Blocked In Windows 10 (Unknown Publisher)
9717 33 2019-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dingoz
lvl.3
Australia

Windows 10 blocks the installation of DJI assistant (at least from v2.02 up). Error is the software is from an unknown publisher and blocked for safety. It appears the certifificate is not valid or registered or something like that. Only software out of many that is blocked for me (so it is not my pc or anything on my end). I have seen a few other posts recently claiming the same. Found some common suggestions to turn off some security settings but that does not change anything. Only thing left to try is to completely turn off UAC but really this should not be required in order to install legitimate software.

What is going on DJI?

2019-3-13
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

Just click through it.  Accept certificate.  Then it will run the install
The UAC (User account Control) is a different setting.  Has to do with allowing apps to make changes to your computer without you knowing or approving.  Any software install can and should tweak the UAS.  Thats what its there for.  Just say yes.
2019-3-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

We're deeply sorry for the Inconvenience. This been already escalated to our developer and they're working on it and Optimizing the software. As of the time being, you may use an older version of Windows 7/8 or Mac. Keep in touch. Thank you for your consideration.
2019-3-13
Use props
Dingoz
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-13 09:38
We're deeply sorry for the Inconvenience. This been already escalated to our developer and they're working on it and Optimizing the software. As of the time being, you may use an older version of Windows 7/8 or Mac. Keep in touch. Thank you for your consideration.

Thanks for the reply... I will have to wait for DJI to rectify their revoked certficate authorisations (as it appears is the case) as I do not keep multiple random computers and/or operating systems lying around to use just in case some software app has not obtained or maintained the proper certificates.
2019-3-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Dingoz Posted at 3-13 14:41
Thanks for the reply... I will have to wait for DJI to rectify their revoked certficate authorisations (as it appears is the case) as I do not keep multiple random computers and/or operating systems lying around to use just in case some software app has not obtained or maintained the proper certificates.

It's my pleasure. And thank you for being understanding. If you have any question or concern feel free to reach us back. Best regards!
2019-3-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Anokadrone Posted at 3-13 09:15
The UAC (User account Control) is a different setting.  Has to do with allowing apps to make changes to your computer without you knowing or approving.  Any software install can and should tweak the UAS.  Thats what its there for.  Just say yes.

You cannot click through as you normally can with a cert error, this is not your normal issues...

2019-3-13
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer

United States

Did you try to right click the executable and "run as administrator"?
Just noticed, what are all those swithches on the command line??
2019-3-14
Use props
MadisonAreaDroneService
lvl.2
Flight distance : 133340 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anokadrone Posted at 3-14 03:59
Just noticed, what are all those swithches on the command line??

I am having the same issue as well.  I right clicked and selected "Run as administrator" with the exact same results as above.  Blocked for your protection.  No option to get around it.  Come on DJI, get these issues figured out BEFORE you release the software.
2019-3-14
Use props
MadisonAreaDroneService
lvl.2
Flight distance : 133340 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anokadrone Posted at 3-14 03:59
Just noticed, what are all those swithches on the command line??

Has DJI still yet to sign their drivers??  If so, this is absolutely rediculous from such a large company as DJI.  For the last year or so, I've had to restart the PC with driver's disabled in order to fully use the Assistant 2, which is incredibly annoying.  

What is the workaround to get beyond this block that is currently happening?  It looks like based on the multiple very recent threads, I am not alone.  I had a working Assistant 2 this morning, but uninstalled it to reinstall a more current version and am now faced with an inoperative software problem.  I have multiple drones now waiting in cue to finish repair and get sent out.  Please respond with a fix or workaround ASAP!
2019-3-14
Use props
fansd92b0210
lvl.1
United States

dji is spying on users and that is why it is being blocked
2019-3-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansd92b0210 Posted at 3-14 14:32
dji is spying on users and that is why it is being blocked

Dont talk out of your chocolate starfish
2019-3-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

try running the program from the Elevated Command Prompt
2019-3-14
Use props
Deggers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181772 ft
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 3-14 19:58
try running the program from the Elevated Command Prompt

^^^ what he said
2019-3-15
Use props
FlyinLo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7004009 ft
United States

I need this fixed.  My Vision sensors need to be re calibrated (today was first time I have ever received vision sensor errors).  And now I can not fix it due to this error.  You can not run this as administrator.  

DJI this error needs to be fixed ASAP!!!
2019-3-15
Use props
dcap
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

typical dji, great job guys! do this.........open regedit hkey local machine>software>microsoft>windows>current version>policies>system goto EnableLUA and change 1 to 0 reboot and run installer

2019-3-15
Use props
dcap
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

FlyinLo Posted at 3-15 16:50
I need this fixed.  My Vision sensors need to be re calibrated (today was first time I have ever received vision sensor errors).  And now I can not fix it due to this error.  You can not run this as administrator.  

check the fix
2019-3-15
Use props
Dingoz
lvl.3
Australia

The fix is DJI need to obtain/renew proper certificates for the version affected. Changing a security setting to allow a bypass is not a fix (granted it is a work around). But, you need this workaround set not only for the install but also for running the app (so it is not once off just to install). Perhaps using an older version of the assitant is a better solution if they still work for the task at hand suhc a 1.15 or 1.16
2019-3-16
Use props
greydog15
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1925066 ft
Australia

FlyinLo Posted at 3-15 16:50

Yep I have had the same here. Ive been flying for the last week with the same error and have noticed no problem with the drone. All the sensors seem to be fine. Can't run the assis 2 and won't till they sort out the certificate problem. You just don't know if it's a virus.
2019-3-16
Use props
Dannythemusicma
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Experiencing the same issue - please can we have fix asap!

/Agree with the above, workarounds are just that. This simply needs fixing at source.
2019-3-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

greydog15 Posted at 3-16 20:46
Yep I have had the same here. Ive been flying for the last week with the same error and have noticed no problem with the drone. All the sensors seem to be fine. Can't run the assis 2 and won't till they sort out the certificate problem. You just don't know if it's a virus.

we know its not a virus, it says what the issue is, its a driver certification, perhaps in DJI's haste at getting an updated version out, they over looked something in the signing process
2019-3-17
Use props
FlyinLo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7004009 ft
United States

dcap Posted at 3-15 17:12
typical dji, great job guys! do this.........open regedit hkey local machine>software>microsoft>windows>current version>policies>system goto EnableLUA and change 1 to 0 reboot and run installer

This took care of it.  Thank you!!  
However, the calibration still will not run.  I opened up DJI Ast 2.0.6 and the Calibration button is grayed out.  Never had that happen and no idea what wold cause it.  Any ideas?  

Thanks for HKEY info.
2019-3-20
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>
United States

FlyinLo Posted at 3-20 09:53
This took care of it.  Thank you!!  
However, the calibration still will not run.  I opened up DJI Ast 2.0.6 and the Calibration button is grayed out.  Never had that happen and no idea what wold cause it.  Any ideas?  

https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro-v2/info#downloads

fix is from DJI, new version of Assistant 2 software.  Problem is on windows 10 only, as Mac version was not updated.

Paul C
2019-3-21
Use props
Slot Tech
lvl.4
Flight distance : 728235 ft
  • >>>
United States

paul2660 Posted at 3-21 17:22
https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro-v2/info#downloads

fix is from DJI, new version of Assistant 2 software.  Problem is on windows 10 only, as Mac version was not updated.

I got mine to install on windows 10 with the new update...but it won't show current firmware on aircraft or controller.  Just says network error.. retry. My network is fine. It did update the no fly zone list tho. Anyone else having this issue??
2019-3-22
Use props
glazer
New

Ukraine

Changing a security setting to allow a bypass is not a fix (granted it is a work around).
2019-3-29
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer

United States

Slot Tech Posted at 3-22 05:28
I got mine to install on windows 10 with the new update...but it won't show current firmware on aircraft or controller.  Just says network error.. retry. My network is fine. It did update the no fly zone list tho. Anyone else having this issue??

I have been tempted to try it but like the firmware upgrades, if it aint broke, dont fix it.  Mine works fine just the way it is.  
2019-3-29
Use props
sakshamraj96
New

Anokadrone Posted at 3-13 09:15

2019-9-26
Use props
EduardPark
New

It seems that you have problems with Windows 10, try rolling back to the latest stable version or update it forcibly, maybe it can help.
2019-9-27
Use props
Parth Patel02
New

India

Here is a simple solution for this issue.I got the same problem and found a solution.
I have purchased DJI naza v2 after receiving the product at configuration time my computer block dji app and i have contacted to DJI for the solution but then have not responded with the proper solution after searching many solutions i have contacted to website flyrobo.in where I have purchased this product. Even they have also not idea about but they have told that we will public blog on our website after 1-2 day with a solution.

Solution is very simple.

search for Registry Editor on windows.

Direct Path for System is
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

Double click on    "EnableLUA"
Change Value data to "0"

That it.

After doing all these things you need to restart the computer.

Then try to install your DJI software.
you will be able to install it easly. without any problem.
2021-11-20
Use props
djiuser_FlrBvbb2QkyB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68675 ft
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-3-13 09:38
We're deeply sorry for the Inconvenience. This been already escalated to our developer and they're working on it and Optimizing the software. As of the time being, you may use an older version of Windows 7/8 or Mac. Keep in touch. Thank you for your consideration.

A few years laterr...

I think your developer did not get your attention because after 4 year this Inconvenience is still the same.

I also get the old bug that your drone goes upside down when I switch to M mode in the DJI Virtual flight simulator
1-16 06:50
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_FlrBvbb2QkyB Posted at 1-16 06:50
A few years laterr...

I think your developer did not get your attention because after 4 year this Inconvenience is still the same.

Hello, there. Sorry to hear about the situation. May I confirm the version of your DJI Assistant 2? Also, please tell us the operating system of your computer. As for the DJI Virtual, it's recommended that you provide a short video for further verification. You may use Google Drive or Dropbox and provide the link here.
1-18 03:08
Use props
djiuser_FlrBvbb2QkyB
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-18 03:08
Hello, there. Sorry to hear about the situation. May I confirm the version of your DJI Assistant 2? Also, please tell us the operating system of your computer. As for the DJI Virtual, it's recommended that you provide a short video for further verification. You may use Google Drive or Dropbox and provide the link here.

Hi Gamora,

Thank you for replying.
I'm running Windows 10 Pro 22H2 and always use the latest drivers because I've been a loyal backer and test pilot of Star Citizen for almost 10 years.
The apps that I'm using for my DJI FPV are also the latest versions namely;
-DJI fly iPhone version: 1.12.6 (830)
-DJI Virtual Flight iPhone version: v1.3.2
-DJI Assistant iPhone version: 1.1.31
-iOS version 17.2.1

-DJI Virtual Flight Windows version:1.4.0
-DJI Assistant 2 Windows version: v2.1.20

While I did set my OBS to record a video to show you what the problem was and why he flew upside down in M mode, I re-checked my controller in settings/control stick mode I had him in mode 3 but with the throttle (up and down) on the left stick and the pitch (forward and backward) on the right stick and discovered that while in mode 3 in the sim with the controller on screen when I move the right stick on the screen the left stick was moving and when I move the right, visa versa...
Then I changed the setting to mode 2 and suddenly my upside-down problem was gone!

So my problem is solved finally... I don't know how that happened with mode 3 but when I switched to mode 3 I didn't have also any issues anymore.
1-18 08:33
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_FlrBvbb2QkyB Posted at 1-18 08:33
Hi Gamora,

Thank you for replying.

I appreciate your cooperation regarding this matter. We're glad to know that the problem seems to be sorted out when in terms of the DJI Virtual Flight app. As for the DJI Assistant 2, would it be possible for you to provide a screenshot of the problem as well and we'll pass it along to our corresponding team?
1-22 01:26
Use props
Flexi-Cook
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-22 01:26
I appreciate your cooperation regarding this matter. We're glad to know that the problem seems to be sorted out when in terms of the DJI Virtual Flight app. As for the DJI Assistant 2, would it be possible for you to provide a screenshot of the problem as well and we'll pass it along to our corresponding team?

DJI Gamora,

When I prepared my OBS to make a short video of it, I switched from mode 3 to mode 2 and didn't expect my problem to be solved...
The only thing that I have is to couple the controller to the Virtual Flight SIM sometimes does not work, to solve that is to re-couple again.
1-27 21:18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Flexi-Cook Posted at 1-27 21:18
DJI Gamora,

When I prepared my OBS to make a short video of it, I switched from mode 3 to mode 2 and didn't expect my problem to be solved...

Hello, there. Thank you for responding and sorry for the trouble you experienced. For confirmation, may I  ask if you still need assistance with the DJI Assistant 2 and the simulator?
1-29 00:33
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules