Mavic Flew Away On its own - DJI Service is a joke
1443 7 2019-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ahattar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 170446 ft
United States

My Mavic Pro flew away a few days ago on its own.  No error at take off, current update installed, tested sticks hovering like always.  I've never crashed any drone including this one.  It has been sent back to DJI 5 times since I bought it for the exact same reason.  Gimbal overload error.  It ruined countless jobs and made me look like an idiot multiple times.  DJI never replaced it, they just kept sending me back the same lemon over and over.  I had to nag them the entire time just to get an email response.  They don't answer any of your questions even if you're on the phone with them.  I tried to escalate the case multiple times to try to get a new replacement since the same drone kept having the same error rendering it useless.  I never received any contact from escalation even though that is what was supposed to happen.  They just drop the ball over and over until your warranty expires then your drone flys away on its own.  I will never buy a DJI product again.  I don't just own their drones either and I use some of their professional grade products.  They offered me absolutely nothing for my troubles ever, they just apologized for the "inconvenience"  Is it just me or is it more than an "inconvenience" when your $1000 drone flys away into the mountains and you lose thousands in revenue because you couldn't complete jobs and your drone makes you look like an unprofessional idiot?  

They wouldn't even analyze the data since I'm just out of warranty.  I told them they obviously don't care about their product or customers if they don't want to at least try to figure out what happened so they can prevent it in the future.  Its a garbage company, buyer beware.   

I guess all we can do is spread the word that DJI doesn't stand behind their product so more folks don't get screwed.  

2019-3-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi ahattar, sorry to read your frustrations with your case. Would it be possible to provide us the fly-away case? I tried pulling up the cases using your Forum account but gave me repair cases only. Kindly reach us the soonest time possible. We're here to help you. Thank you in advance.
2019-3-13
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you are interested in trying to learn what may have happened, there are very many knowledgeable members of the community here that are very skilled at looking at logs.  I would suggest you upload your logs to the following site and then paste the resulting URL back here in this thread.  I'm sure you'll have several people interested to learn from your experience and to see if we can determine what may have happened.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
2019-3-13
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

As already stated do post your logs for analysis.

I'm a little confused, how can you lose thousands of dollars in revenue! Surely you have a replacement drone for commercial projects, why not use one of the professional drones you have to mitigate any potential losses.
2019-3-13
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

If I was relying on a drone for professional purposes, I would have found another option after the third repair!  
2019-3-13
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

I always have two birds capable of flight when doing a job, just for the reason(s) as you had. If one has a hiccup, then you have the back-up bird.
Now, as to the "flyaway", post the flight logs like mentioned above, and we can see if we can help you.
If the flight logs can prove that there was an issue with the bird and it's DJI's fault, not pilot error, then even out of warranty, they have been known to accommodate the owner.
2019-3-13
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to read that mate
2019-3-14
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Well, obviously in different parts of world, different equipment is considered professional.
Mavic Pro, being a consumer (or maybe prosumer at best) drone would deserve a good laugh as "professional" thing here. Professionals usually have heavy lifters with Reds/Arri Alexas and maybe some Inspires as a backup.... So this looks more like a beer money attempt than professional thing to me.
2019-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules