Phantom 4 Pro Camera Main Board Replacement
1632 5 2019-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patriotdrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1572740 ft
United States

Has anyone replaced the camera main board on a P4P themselves? Any advice if I try to do so on my own?
2019-3-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sorry that we don't recommend fixing the drone into our customer's end as this would void the warranty. However, if there will be a problem or physical damage to your drone, I would recommend contacting our support to possibly use the warranty of your drone. You may contact our support using the link below for your reference. Thank you for continued support.

www.dji.com/support
2019-3-13
Use props
patriotdrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1572740 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-13 12:27
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sorry that we don't recommend fixing the drone into our customer's end as this would void the warranty. However, if there will be a problem or physical damage to your drone, I would recommend contacting our support to possibly use the warranty of your drone. You may contact our support using the link below for your reference. Thank you for continued support.

www.dji.com/support

Thanks but my P4P is no longer under warranty anyway.
2019-3-13
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well, i have stripped the whole camera down to the actual black camera housing, does that count? if so, it was VERY easy......
2019-3-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

patriotdrone Posted at 3-13 18:41

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation and feedback in regards to your query. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-14
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

patriotdrone Posted at 3-13 18:41

I hate to be so negative toward DJI, but it gets old hearing "we don't recommend" repairing your aircraft and suggest sending it in for repairs. If you are out of warranty, give it a try. I have not worked on the Phantom 4 series, but have on a lot of the Phantom 3 stuff. Take your time and you will be fine. I haven't seen anything most people couldn't do themselves. I have had every component apart on the Phantom 3 series, and put them back together with great success. No, you won't get any support diagnosing components either, but as far as replacing parts, you should be fine. I get that they are trying to support themselves, but not everybody wants to send in their phantom to get it fixed, or can afford to. Good luck.
2019-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules