New Spark Out of the box errors
642 2 2019-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hoyza
lvl.1
Australia

Hi I have a new Spark drone and have been excited to learn and start to use it, on my first flight everything went fine until towards the end i got camera loss and an error on the drone i thought maybe it was because the battery was at 30% it shut off the video feed. On my second flight i kept getting a Camera Sensor error and Air Encoder error, i raised a support case and they advised me to refresh the firmware, reset the drone and recalibrate, i did that and on my third flight i got so many more errors in fact my drone went to one side and almost slammed into my house not before i was able to catch it and almost cut my hand to bits.  

I am upset because i have waited years to get a DJI drone and finally have one and this. Because i got a drone refresh plan i can't simply take it back to the store and ask for a new one as this one is faulty or can I? Can i take it back and get my Refresh transfered to the new one?

If anyone has had these issues before what did you do to resolve it?
IMG_0496.PNG

Second flight

Second flight
2019-3-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the problem. With regards to that. I would suggest reaching out one of our support channels again. In order for you to have assistance about this and have an open case for sending the unit it. It would be better to send it into the facility for further checking and to find out as well what could be the possible cause. You may request to have it a data analysis and have it check by the team in the facility for them to know whether it's a Product malfunction or Pilot error. If ever they found out it's a Product malfunction as long as it's within the warranty DJI will cover it. And here's the link for the support channels. https://www.dji.com/support Best regards!
2019-3-13
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would take it back to the store, and have the DJI staff transfer the Care Refresh plan or send it in to have it replaced under warranty.
Your choice.

And don't let this get you down.
My first Spark would not get a home lock at all.

Even hovering for the duration of a battery.

I have even had 2 lemons fresh from DJI Care Refresh exchange.
But I still fly DJI.

2019-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules