Are there CSC mode on the Smart controller?
1406 18 2019-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MervTheSoon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1987031 ft
Singapore

Was flying my drone yesterday with the smart controller and after about 10 mins of flying...the drone suddenly lost control when i was lowering and it fluipped and drifted down and started crashing down from 90m
Thank God a palm tree softened the crash the the dronew fell to the floor and the battery popped out.

Checked my flight data it seems there are two possibility-
1- either when i lower it i held the down control stick down for a long time - which activated the CSC - which is weird for the Smart Controller as the only way to shut down is to use two sticks

2.or my battery did not lock on properly and was losing current (my rough guess)

care to assist?
2019-3-13
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would recommend uploading your log to the following site and then pasting the resulting URL in this thread here. If you do that, I’m sure there will be several people willing to take a look.  If it was a CSC, I think there should be a message in the log indicating as such. https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2019-3-13
Use props
MervTheSoon
lvl.2
Singapore

KlooGee Posted at 3-13 20:39
I would recommend uploading your log to the following site and then pasting the resulting URL in this thread here. If you do that, I’m sure there will be several people willing to take a look.  If it was a CSC, I think there should be a message in the log indicating as such. https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Thanks KlooGee got it!
2019-3-13
Use props
MervTheSoon
lvl.2
Singapore

Hi all, i have uploaded the flight data for the crash

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/NI44KCCQIUXUI1WH4RL9/

Would appreciate if someone could have a look at it

Cheers

Merv

Flight data
2019-3-14
Use props
MervTheSoon
lvl.2
Singapore

KlooGee Posted at 3-13 20:39

Uploaded as you suggested

Thanks
2019-3-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MervTheSoon Posted at 3-14 05:54
Hi all, i have uploaded the flight data for the crash

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/NI44KCCQIUXUI1WH4RL9/

Your log finishes @ altitude 296ft everything seems ok, I presume accident occurred after this.

You would need to contact moderator here upload your .dat file to Dropbox and give it to Him/Her to get one of dji’s engineers to take a look, because no info on device log.
2019-3-14
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I believe you can shut down the drone with the one stick only. When at altitude I reccomend a gradual decent only.
2019-3-14
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

You might want to cross post on

https://mavicpilots.com

With the link to the file.  Some really good "log" file interpreters there.
2019-3-14
Use props
MervTheSoon
lvl.2
Singapore

ff22 Posted at 3-14 20:29
You might want to cross post on

https://mavicpilots.com

Thanks mate!

Just posted over there
2019-3-15
Use props
MervTheSoon
lvl.2
Singapore

hallmark007 Posted at 3-14 10:21
Your log finishes @ altitude 296ft everything seems ok, I presume accident occurred after this.

You would need to contact moderator here upload your .dat file to Dropbox and give it to Him/Her to get one of dji’s engineers to take a look, because no info on device log.

Yes to me when i view it it seems ok, but from actual flight data, my horizontal and vertical speed after 295ft/ 90m it was spiraling out of control which is weird considering it happened suddenly
2019-3-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MervTheSoon Posted at 3-15 01:32
Yes to me when i view it it seems ok, but from actual flight data, my horizontal and vertical speed after 295ft/ 90m it was spiraling out of control which is weird considering it happened suddenly

When you say actual flight data what do you mean ?
2019-3-15
Use props
MervTheSoon
lvl.2
Singapore

hallmark007 Posted at 3-15 03:27
When you say actual flight data what do you mean ?

on the DJI Go4 app your flight records
i played the whole sequence till the end
2019-3-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MervTheSoon Posted at 3-15 06:06
on the DJI Go4 app your flight records
i played the whole sequence till the end

Were there any warnings and can you post it here I think it can be uploaded to you tube and linked here .
2019-3-15
Use props
Fly Jay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 525 ft
United States

New to this.....what is CSC Mode?
2019-3-15
Use props
MervTheSoon
lvl.2
Singapore

Hey guys i found the reason why i had a sudden power loss!

Was flying at a low height to take some pics of a hill, after doing so for about 20mins, i brought the drone back down
Did a check after landing, guess what i saw? the right side of the battery was popped ajar and i immediately took out the batt and found that the batt was bloated and  I tried to locked it back in but it had some minor resistance thanks to the bloating. It can still be fitted back in but the battery is really gone for sure. Going to dispose it soon. Now two of my batts are like that, time for new ones....
Darn it! i used them less than 6 mths and each less than 20 flights...
2019-3-15
Use props
MervTheSoon
lvl.2
Singapore

Fly Jay Posted at 3-15 14:48

its a mode where u turn of the motor of the drone when there is an emergency ie- left stick pulled fully down for 3s

2019-3-15
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Fly Jay Posted at 3-15 14:48

The manual says:
2019-3-15
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 3-15 19:06
You can only shut down the motors with a single stick when the drone has descended to the point it no longer moves (aka "touchdown" or hand catch).  You do this by applying down stick for several seconds after the drone has landed.  This will NOT occur when in flight.

Glad to see you here again (although, you might be in other subforums).

Any more interesting Litchi missions to view?
2019-3-16
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 3-17 02:58
Thanks, buddy!  How have you been?  I've been doing a little bit of flying & captured lots of video, just nothing particularly spectacular enough to put into a video.  Unfortunately DJI's GEO has ruined my enjoyment of Litchi missions with the Mavic 2 Pro.

I certainly don't get enough flying in with Seattle's severe restrictions or my not wanting to test the law too much.  

Those Geo restrictions are hard on flying.  I remember being restricted in my backyard because there was a UW football game two miles away.  Looking forward to seeing some more interesting flights.
2019-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules