Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Ronin-S Firmware Released (2019/03/14)
123456Next >
57598 208 2019-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
Date: 2019.03.14
Firmware: v1.8.0.70
Ronin App iOS: v1.1.8
Ronin App Android: v1.1.8
DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin (PC): V2.0.2
DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin (Mac): v2.0.2
User Manual: v1.2

What’s New?
  • Added five speed settings of focus for Nikon cameras (requires Ronin app v1.1.8 or later).
  • Added three speed settings of focus for Canon cameras (requires Ronin app v1.1.8 or later).
  • Added two speed settings of focus for Panasonic cameras (requires Ronin app v1.1.8 or later).
  • Added photo capture, video recording, autofocus, and focus pull support for Canon EOS 6D Mark II cameras with supported EF lenses. To use autofocus on the Canon EOS 6D Mark II, press halfway down on the gimbal’s camera control button.
  • Added photo capture, video recording, autofocus, and focus pull support for Canon EOS R cameras with supported RF mount lenses. To use autofocus on the Canon EOS R, press halfway down on the gimbal’s camera control button.
  • Added photo capture, video recording, autofocus, and focus pull support for Nikon Z6 cameras with supported Nikkor lenses. To use autofocus on the Nikon Z6, press halfway down on the gimbal’s camera control button.
  • Added video recording, autofocus, and focus pull support for Sony A7M3 and A7R3 cameras with supported E-mount lenses using MCC-C cable. Photo capture is not currently available. To use autofocus on the Sony A7M3 and A7R3 cameras, press halfway down on the gimbal’s camera control button.
  • Now press the Ronin-S trigger twice to switch back to live view after using playback for Nikon D850.
  • Reduced shaking when switching between 3D Roll 360 and normal mode. 3D Roll 360 is now disabled when the roll axis angle is larger than 180°.
  • Fixed other minor bugs.

Notes:
  • Make sure that the Ronin App is the latest version when updating the firmware.
  • Leave the Ronin-S turned off and update the firmware through the DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin by connecting the USB-C port on the Ronin-S to your computer. Then proceed with the firmware update. Do not disconnect the gimbal from the computer while updating.
  • After the update is complete, unplug the USB-C cable from the Ronin-S and proceed to turn on the gimbal.
  • If the Ronin-S has a camera attached and is turned on while updating the firmware, make sure to protect the camera and lens as the motors will shut off during the update.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart the Ronin-S and retry.

2019-3-13
Use props
Volg.in
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8143 ft
United Arab Emirates

Omg !
2019-3-13
Use props
mavicroninz6
lvl.2
United States

Christmas in the spring!
2019-3-13
Use props
Rieder
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1056 ft
Denmark

So no fix for the insanely annoying drift issue?
2019-3-13
Use props
Antti Kuitto
lvl.2
Finland

Rieder Posted at 3-13 23:17

Can anyone confirm whether this "no return to center / drift issue" is fixed or not in this update? If it's not fixed, then I am gonna sell this, since it's pretty useless because of this.
2019-3-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Antti Kuitto Posted at 3-13 23:21
Can anyone confirm whether this "no return to center / drift issue" is fixed or not in this update? If it's not fixed, then I am gonna sell this, since it's pretty useless because of this.

Hi Antti, the gimbal may not return to center in follow mode because of the Deadband, the current workaround is to decrease the Deadband as much as you can and then increase the Sensitivity and the Speed value or try the Sports mode. We will optimize in the future firmware. Thanks for your support.
2019-3-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rieder Posted at 3-13 23:17

Hi Rieder, may I verify which axis is drifting? You may update to the latest firmware to try again.
2019-3-13
Use props
termiNAEtor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 752185 ft
Thailand

Done! Work great with Nikon D850 with Adjustable Focus wheel and no need to turn the camera off and on again after playback. Simply double tap the trigger and everything returns to live view again. Well Done.
2019-3-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

termiNAEtor Posted at 3-14 01:04
Done! Work great with Nikon D850 with Adjustable Focus wheel and no need to turn the camera off and on again after playback. Simply double tap the trigger and everything returns to live view again. Well Done.

Thank you very much for your feedback, termiNAEtor, please feel free to let us know if there is any further issue.
2019-3-14
Use props
mavicroninz6
lvl.2
United States

The update failed for me. The app shows firmware version as N/A and ask me to update to 1.7.0.60
2019-3-14
Use props
mavicroninz6
lvl.2
United States

I am using the iOS app.
2019-3-14
Use props
mavicroninz6
lvl.2
United States

Anyone else has the same firmware = N/A problem? The dji pro assistance is showing 1.8.0.70. But the dji pro app is showing new firmware available 1.7.0.60 after the upgrade? I am downgrading it back to 1.7.0.60.
2019-3-14
Use props
mavicroninz6
lvl.2
United States

I re-downloaded the iOS app and it worked this time.
2019-3-14
Use props
Mitz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 137388 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

:O)

the only difference
for me on this, i was, i turned on battri on Ronin's

nomally we let the weather switch off during update

but not this time

DJI nice update
2019-3-14
Use props
Davidmartin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 578182 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Someone tryied Sony A7R3 or similar with the new update?
2019-3-14
Use props
crunchtime85
lvl.1
Germany

Update went through without a problem!
Finally i can use the timelapse functions with the Nikon Z6. Focus wheel works as well!
Thank you guys
2019-3-14
Use props
kerberos
Captain
Flight distance : 2847851 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Loving you! Thanks!!!
2019-3-14
Use props
dantastic
lvl.4
Taiwan

Works well with the Z6 until I tried adding an external monitor, the camera won't output a Hdmi signal whilst connected to the gimbal
2019-3-14
Use props
rodrigoherrada
lvl.1
Mexico

Does Canon 6d Mark I also can be controlled with pull focus? Thanks
2019-3-14
Use props
Kanaye Shogun
First Officer
Flight distance : 335062 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Since everyone from DJI is ignoring my post...i am going to ask the same question here ..

Does anybody have a problem with Ronin S smoothes, especially on the panning?

I have Crane 2 at home and the panning is super smooth but on my Ronin S the video is jittery with sudden shakes.  If I slowly pan to the right or to the left the gimbal is just not smooth at all and it's jittery ( left or right ).  It doesn't matter how slow or fast i try to turn it...it just looks awful.

I have Sony A7 III + Tamron 28-75 2.8 but it is the same with any other lens.
I have tried everything. I have the latest firmware, the gimbal is perfectly balanced, I've restored gimbal setup, system calibration and I Autotune the motors ( Medium ) every time. I've tried all the options in the smooth track but I can't get normal smooth video.

Here is the video:
2019-3-14
Use props
Yiannis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68720 ft
Greece

Kanaye Shogun Posted at 3-14 07:36
Since everyone from DJI is ignoring my post...i am going to ask the same question here ..

Does anybody have a problem with Ronin S smoothes, especially on the panning?

If you really tried many different settings in smoothtrack dead-end etc then it seems you may have a faulty unit.
2019-3-14
Use props
Between2tides
lvl.3
United States

How do you adjust the speed settings on the focus motor? Assuming that it's available for manual lenses?
2019-3-14
Use props
raphael_bellizzi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 757976 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have exactly the same problem but only when my Ronin is upside down with the motor behind the camera. if the motor is in front of the camera it works fine.
2019-3-14
Use props
haell
Second Officer
Sweden

Davidmartin Posted at 3-14 03:04
Someone tryied Sony A7R3 or similar with the new update?

I've tested it with the A7R3 and the new features work as advertised! I'm really happy about being able to pull focus  without the focus motor - and finally be able to use it with the MCC-C cable that was included in the box!

It's a shame I bought both the focus motor 2006 and the MCC-Multi cable for something that could've been resolved through the firmware. (Sure, I now have the option to focus pull manual lenses also so it's not a total loss)

Please note that you need to set the drive setting to MF/Manual Focus in order to focus pull. Also make sure you set the camera to Remote PC and that Ctrl w/ Smartphone is set to off.
2019-3-14
Use props
Moshe.mmm
First Officer
Flight distance : 1320098 ft
  • >>>
Israel

my experiences after updating - gh5s, viltrox, sigma 18-35 :
Focus pulling is too slow in slow speed and too fast on fast speed.
Need for medium speed. So I'll try to downgrade.

Gh5s parameters are still grayed out on the app in creative video mode.

Haven't seen any other improvements for this camera hope other bugs like gh5s disconnecting from the gimbal got fixed.
Thanks for trying.
2019-3-14
Use props
bcharleson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 521811 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updated Ronin S firmware. Using a7R 3 and MCC-C cable, having troubles getting manual pull focus to work. Using 24-70 GM lens which is full compatible with camera and is in MF mode.

Camera will start/stop recording using camera control button but MF using focus wheel does not work. What am I missing?
2019-3-14
Use props
Jurci
lvl.2
Flight distance : 866683 ft
Peru

I've just updated the firmware to  1.8.0.70, which is confirmed in the Ronin App on my mobile.  My app version is v1.1.7(203), and I can't find if this is the latest version/how to check that. Sorry - am a complete newbie in filming, never worked with a manual glidecam, went directly to Ronin-S.

My issues:
1. After this mornings latest firmware update, when i switch the Ronin-S on, it bleeps a few times (13 i believe) and then it goes to sleep mode.
I think i balanced the camare 5dmiv right on the Ronin, but as it does not perform a balance test, no way of telling this for sure

2. My Ronin-S has major 'drifting' issues, on the roll and the tilt - even when the balance tests said 'excellent, good, excellent'.  I was supposed to look into that today, but as I upgraded the firmware, all I got was a new extra issue (the beeping) and a day is gone without even having the chance to look into this drifiting. Very frustrated and disappointed.

Some one please HELLUP?!
2019-3-14
Use props
bcharleson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 521811 ft
  • >>>
United States

haell Posted at 3-14 09:41
I've tested it with the A7R3 and the new features work as advertised! I'm really happy about being able to pull focus  without the focus motor - and finally be able to use it with the MCC-C cable that was included in the box!

It's a shame I bought both the focus motor 2006 and the MCC-Multi cable for something that could've been resolved through the firmware. (Sure, I now have the option to focus pull manual lenses also so it's not a total loss)

Awesome thanks! Still having troubles finding the right controls though. I have the same set up as you on MF, MCC-C cable, updated firmware. I have it on PC Remote and Control with Smartphone off and still doesn't seem to work. Any other settings?
2019-3-14
Use props
gooselk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 160148 ft
Germany

Well, I'm happy for those who got their desired features. Although, still the 80D (one of the most used cameras) still isn't able to at least start recording via usb... I'd say DJI should rather deliver on what they print in their compatibillity chart, or delete the 'teaser' alltogether. It leads to users hoping for a feature that DJI will likely not deliver...
2019-3-14
Use props
haell
Second Officer
Sweden

bcharleson Posted at 3-14 10:43
Awesome thanks! Still having troubles finding the right controls though. I have the same set up as you on MF, MCC-C cable, updated firmware. I have it on PC Remote and Control with Smartphone off and still doesn't seem to work. Any other settings?

Hmm, strange that you can't get it to work with those settings. The only other thing I can think of is that I have the camera in Airplane mode - not that it should matter (in my world at least).

Also, I've heard people having issues if they don't follow the start-up sequence correctly i.e. Power on the Ronin-S before starting the camera - not the other way around.

It might sound strange but it also took a little bit of time before the focus wheel and record button  functions actually started to work for me. I had to press the record button a couple of time until it finally started recording. After that both the focus wheel and auto-focus through half-pressing the record button started to work. Perhaps some internal memory or cache needed to clear before working?

2019-3-14
Use props
Dresh
lvl.1
United States

I just installed the new firmware. Installation was no problem. Then, I tried to connect my Sony A7sII. Problem.

I attached the cable, turned one the camera and the camera display says: CONNECTING USB. And it never changed and never connected.
I attempted to change the way I was connecting; ie, turning on the camera first, then connecting. Same message on display. Never finishes the
connection.
2019-3-14
Use props
mavicroninz6
lvl.2
United States

dantastic Posted at 3-14 04:24
Works well with the Z6 until I tried adding an external monitor, the camera won't output a Hdmi signal whilst connected to the gimbal

Same problem here. It seems usb-c and hdmi out worked at same time with Z7 with Ronin-S and external monitor.  But not for Z6 with these. The main difference is still the firmware for Ronin-S. I don't Nikon limited only one of the ports works at a time for Z6 but not Z7.
2019-3-14
Use props
Patrick Seguin
lvl.1

Canada

Does the focus wheel works with Canon EOS R and the adapter ef lens? i tried with my 24-70 2.8 vII and it doest look like it works for me. I also tried with the 50mm RF 1.2 not working either. I tried with the switch on and off on the lens so far no success. I'm i doing something wrong?  I'm renting a DJI Ronin S this week-end before I purchase the essential kit. So I'm hopping I can get it to work and then i could go ahead with my purchase.  Please Help!!!
2019-3-14
Use props
Patrick Seguin
lvl.1

Canada

I did a test with the DJI Ronin S firmware v1.8.0.70 Canon EOS R Firmware 1.1.0 Canon 50mm RF 1.2  and the focus wheel doesn't work properly. It takes forever to move the focus from one point to another. I also tried with a 24-70 V.II 2.8 and i have the same problem. when i move the wheel i can hear a little noise from both lens. on the 24-70 i can see that it move the focus distance on the little window but very slowly. I did power the Ronin-S first and the EOS R after. The record button works. I put the servo at OFF. It doesn't work when the the nob ont the lens is in manual with makes us loose the focus peeking guides, and thats a reel downer. the focus on the lens need to be on. Maybe i'm doing something wrong because it does say that the firmware is suppose to support the Canon RF 50mm. So please help out DJI, to any of guys in the forum.  here is a link for a video so you can see the back of my camera!  NEED HELP!!!      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBRE_9RXhWk&feature=youtu.be
2019-3-14
Use props
adamroper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30135 ft
Japan

I have the same issue. The Ronin S is my first gimbal so I have nothing to compare it to but I'm beginning to think it's not my technique anymore. I've tried two different cameras, different tunings, IS on and off on the lenses, made sure everything is really well balanced in every direction, etc, and my footage usually looks like this, even if it is sitting on a tripod and I'm just using the joystick.

2019-3-14
Use props
BlackBaron
lvl.2
United States

bcharleson Posted at 3-14 09:57
Updated Ronin S firmware. Using a7R 3 and MCC-C cable, having troubles getting manual pull focus to work. Using 24-70 GM lens which is full compatible with camera and is in MF mode.

Camera will start/stop recording using camera control button but MF using focus wheel does not work. What am I missing?

Same issue after the update. A7III with a Sigma Art 50mm. Using the multi-cable I ordered from DJI. I'm still only able to digital zoom. The record button works fine.
2019-3-14
Use props
haell
Second Officer
Sweden

Dresh Posted at 3-14 12:29
I just installed the new firmware. Installation was no problem. Then, I tried to connect my Sony A7sII. Problem.

I attached the cable, turned one the camera and the camera display says: CONNECTING USB. And it never changed and never connected.

Not sure how much difference it is between the sony generations, but for the A7R3 You need to set the camera  USB mode to Remote PC  and control w/ Smartphone to off . Check the new compatibility list DJI released with this FW release - it should say what you need to do in one of the columns in the matrix.
2019-3-14
Use props
haell
Second Officer
Sweden

BlackBaron Posted at 3-14 18:52
Same issue after the update. A7III with a Sigma Art 50mm. Using the multi-cable I ordered from DJI. I'm still only able to digital zoom. The record button works fine.

The focus pull only works with the MCC-C cable in the original Ronin S box -  not the Multi-cable you had to buy extra.

The MCC-Multi only allows for digital or optical zoom with the focus wheel
2019-3-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

crunchtime85 Posted at 3-14 03:08
Update went through without a problem!
Finally i can use the timelapse functions with the Nikon Z6. Focus wheel works as well!
Thank you guys

Hi crunchtime85, glad to know that, thanks for your feedback, have a good time.
2019-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

haell Posted at 3-14 09:41

Hi hael, Multi will do multiple things USB cannot such as shoot video with Steadyshot on, photo shutter control, zoom, and using an external monitor. The only thing Multi cannot do is manual focus.
2019-3-15
Use props
123456Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules