New Ronin-S Firmware Released (2019/03/14)
57896 208 2019-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SEIL PARK
lvl.1
South Korea

mavicroninz6 Posted at 3-14 01:22
The update failed for me. The app shows firmware version as N/A and ask me to update to 1.7.0.60

I'm same issue. After that, how did you update firmware ?
2019-4-5
Use props
Leem
lvl.2

United States

haell Posted at 3-14 09:41
I've tested it with the A7R3 and the new features work as advertised! I'm really happy about being able to pull focus  without the focus motor - and finally be able to use it with the MCC-C cable that was included in the box!

It's a shame I bought both the focus motor 2006 and the MCC-Multi cable for something that could've been resolved through the firmware. (Sure, I now have the option to focus pull manual lenses also so it's not a total loss)

I just got around to updating mine and saw that you can now use the cable that was included. I also bought the cable they said we needed and a spare and also the manual focus motor. I am a little miffed about this. Add to that the price drop for Christmas, and I know to always wait for them to fix things before giving them anymore money! Of course I left the included cable at home and still can't use the focus pull feature!
2019-4-6
Use props
djiuser_MwrbdFiqoVyC
lvl.2
France

Firmware Update to v1.8.0.70 impossible  Ronin App Android: v1.1.8 DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin (PC): V2.0.2 DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin (Mac): v2.0.2impossi
2019-4-7
Use props
djiuser_MwrbdFiqoVyC
lvl.2
France

7/4/2019 :
Firmware Update to v1.8.0.70 is impossible in direct USB connexion between Ronin-s and PC
Ronin App Android: v1.1.8
DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin (PC): V2.0.2
"The device connection is unstable ...."
2019-4-7
Use props
marekfrank
New
Poland

alexkachkaev Posted at 4-2 12:55
Sony a7rIII (v.2.10) + Ronin-S (v.1.8.0.70). When plugged in to Ronin-S, does allow focus pulling, but:
- gives no HDMI picture output in Movie mode, just a black screen (yet shows the info from the camera, such as focus point, shutter/aperture/iso, timecode, audio signal levels etc)
- gives no HDMI picture in any other mode while recording, it's just a black screen with camera info. The output is totally okay while camera is standing by.

And you are also loosing face detection, don't you? I have the same.
2019-4-10
Use props
marekfrank
New
Poland

Sony A7III with Ronin S
For me the update went smoothly and pulling focus function with all its advantages and disadvantages works fine on MCC-C cable. However I've noticed that you are loosing face detection, even in HD. Do you have the same? On MCC Multi USB face detection works fine, but of course pull focus not...
2019-4-10
Use props
marekfrank
New
Poland

marekfrank Posted at 4-10 22:32
Sony A7III with Ronin S
For me the update went smoothly and pulling focus function with all its advantages and disadvantages works fine on MCC-C cable. However I've noticed that you are loosing face detection, even in HD. Do you have the same? On MCC Multi USB face detection works fine, but of course pull focus not...

Of course I mean face detection in AF mode with MCC-C cable
2019-4-10
Use props
alexallenaus
lvl.1

Australia

Anyone can find the focus speed setting on the ronin app ?
I try to find it but nothing shown (I have updated both the ronin s newest firmware and the app ronin itself)
P/s: Im using Canon 6D mkii and Tamron 35mm Di VC USD. MMC cable also was connected to the camera.
2019-4-11
Use props
djiuser_EtSihsol0DmT
lvl.1

Italy

Hi, i have the same problem... i try to change usb port, usb type-c cable anc pc (laptop, desktop and mac) but the latest firmware won't upgrade
2019-4-12
Use props
ThomV
New

Italy

djiuser_MwrbdFiqoVyC Posted at 4-7 04:39
7/4/2019 :
Firmware Update to v1.8.0.70 is impossible in direct USB connexion between Ronin-s and PC
Ronin App Android: v1.1.8

Same here, both with assistant V 2.0.2 and V 2.0.0 and both with pc/mac

But the same error also during the downgrade now

Did you solve the problem?
DJI?
2019-4-21
Use props
fans7cbdffa7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98091 ft
Hong Kong

same problem, cant update
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hGGQmvZlt_kurM_pn6smQEx2oGFLJ3KX/view
2019-4-21
Use props
Jonathan Wallace
New

United States

Is anyone else losing auto-focus parameters/face detect boxes when enabling AF on Ronin-S with Sony A7iii? It's there when the camera is not recording, it goes away the moment I start recording through the ronin-s. Same goes for the focus assist. My white lines don't show up when I am recording using manual focus but its there when I am not recording. That really doesn't help me at all! I have a big shoot tomorrow and I was relying on your word that the firmware update would FIX the A7iii/Ronin-S incompatible issue..
2019-4-22
Use props
NHATNGUYEN
New

Vietnam

RE: New Ronin-S Firmware Released (2019/03/14)

I cannot update firmware Ronin to newest version V1.8.0.70 by any ways, even re-connect many times.  It stops loading at 50% and has error notification.

"The device connection is unstable Please reconnect the device, then enter the firmware upgrade page to confirm the upgrade infortion."

Normally it's only updated to firmware V1.7.0.60, but it is impossible for the lastest V1.8.0.70.
I have many RoninS but this is the first time I have problem in update firmware.

I use DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin (PC): V2.0.2

2019-4-23
Use props
fanscef9190a
lvl.1
United Kingdom

mavicroninz6 Posted at 3-14 01:22
The update failed for me. The app shows firmware version as N/A and ask me to update to 1.7.0.60

The same here. I have never updated previous to this latest update, will that have anything to do with it.
2019-4-23
Use props
aflight
lvl.2
Flight distance : 459367 ft
United Kingdom

Now with a Nikon Z 7 nothing works!

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=#pid1835942

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=#pid1835942

The roll drifts can’t pull focus or connect a Ninja V.

Why haven’t they been sued yet?
2019-4-23
Use props
LuxShots Films
lvl.2
United States

aflight Posted at 4-23 15:26
Now with a Nikon Z 7 nothing works!

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=185032&page=1&extra=#pid1835942

I think we really need to find an attorney and get a lawsuit going. This is my second Ronin-S (as I returned the previous one back to Amazon thinking it was defective), but many of the issues still exist. I almost knocked the lens off of my camera after the Ronin-S went crazy on me!

All the YouTube reviewers are on the take as NOONE with any following is complaining because they are scared to get on the wrong side of DJI! Well, I'm fucking sick of it! I am doing a music video this weekend, and if I have so much as an hour delay dealing with Ronin-S issues, I am going to put hard cash at getting DJI sued, so help me GOD!
2019-4-23
Use props
joecarter
New
United Kingdom

Kanaye Shogun Posted at 3-14 07:36
Since everyone from DJI is ignoring my post...i am going to ask the same question here ..

Does anybody have a problem with Ronin S smoothes, especially on the panning?

Hi Kanye, I am having EXACTLY the same problem with the same set-up. Sony a7iii and Tamron 28-75 2.8.

I've tied updating the firmware, rolling the firmware back and it is as bad as ever. I can feel the ronin kicking in the handle as I pan round and it often spins upside  down and goes crazy.

My balance settings are all excellent and I autotune every time.

Please let me know how you get on and if you make any progress...this is driving me mad!
2019-4-24
Use props
SylvioRC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 169469 ft
Brazil

Moshe.mmm Posted at 3-14 09:50
my experiences after updating - gh5s, viltrox, sigma 18-35 :
Focus pulling is too slow in slow speed and too fast on fast speed.
Need for medium speed. So I'll try to downgrade.

o shoot with an A7R3. I feel its more about a delayed responde on focus than the speed itself. I have it set to slow anyway.
2019-4-27
Use props
BuddJ
New
United Kingdom

Would help greatly if the DJI Assistant app would actually list the firmware that I could update with instead of the "Cannot Load Firmware List. Please Retry" error ...............

Cannot believe that this simple process is so difficult with this product & no support options available either !!!!
2019-4-27
Use props
JWVideographer
New
United States

Seconding what some other folks here have said about the Panasonic focus speeds. Slow is WAY too slow, fast is WAY too fast. Also, there's an "inertia" thing that happens with the focus wheel, where the focus keeps changing even after I've stopped turning the wheel and that is AWFUL.
2019-5-2
Use props
LWGray
lvl.2
Malaysia

I upgraded the firmware and now the record button does not work... I'm using a canon 80D so it needs the glass fibre cable system. How do I get that to work? Is there a new setting needed somewhere?

Also, the Ronin s has a distinct wobble when holding still and when in motion. What are the optimum settings? I've played around with the settings to no avail. The Balance registers as excellent on all three dimensions.

2019-5-6
Use props
fans90c918b9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23596 ft
Germany

dantastic Posted at 3-14 04:24
Works well with the Z6 until I tried adding an external monitor, the camera won't output a Hdmi signal whilst connected to the gimbal

Same here with the Sony a 7 iii and atomos ninja v
2019-5-8
Use props
Jason James
lvl.3
Flight distance : 827487 ft
Ecuador

I'm really happy to see that DJI is adding more camera support to the Ronin-S, I am deciding between the the Moza 2 and the Ronin for use with a Nikon Z 6 and the added functionality makes me lean towards the Ronin. Now if I could only use my crystal sky as an external monitor...
2019-5-13
Use props
breenstar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3497 ft
Australia

The focus speeds for the GH5 are not very good, either too fast or too slow, makes it unusable.
2019-5-13
Use props
breenstar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3497 ft
Australia

The focus speeds for the GH5 are not very good, either too fast or too slow, makes it unusable.
2019-5-13
Use props
LuxShots Films
lvl.2
United States

breenstar Posted at 5-13 15:43
Don't worry, if you add an external monitor it will stop focusing and recording altogether in a few minutes. I recently had to restart my Ronin-S over 100 times during a music video shoot just to make the focus wheel and the record button work!
2019-5-13
Use props
Juan Dji
lvl.1

Mexico

FAILED UPDATE!!
2019-5-20
Use props
LensesBoy
New
France

Hey there ! I've installed the update and the focus wheel is indeed working with the MCC-C cable ! Great news ! However my external monitor is not working anymore which is an absolute tragedy ... Is there any future update which is gonna correct this major flaw ? Or is any way around this issue ? Trading one function for another ... well ... it's just a bummer ! Many thanks for your consideration.
2019-5-20
Use props
djiuser_rXQhaZQsGUH4
New

Brazil

Guys, after the last update of 2019, my Ronin S is sometimes stopping working alone.  It's like he's falling asleep.  When you do this, the mode indicator leads blink.  What do I do?  This never happened.
---
BR- Pessoal, depois da última atualização de 2019, meu Ronin S às vezes está parando de funcionar sozinho. É como se ele adormecesse. Quando faz isso, os leads indicadores de modo ficam piscando. O que eu faço? Isso nunca aconteceu.
2019-5-21
Use props
AquilAir
New
Flight distance : 764 ft
Italy

for Sony 6400???????
2019-5-22
Use props
petersoetewey
New
Belgium

Hello, I have a more general question for which I can't seem to find any good answers. I use a Nikon D850 and I wonder how I can get my Ronin S to autofocus when I do a motion lapse. I know I can use the camerabutton to activate focus before starting the motion lapse, but he will not continue to focus on the subsequent pictures.
2019-5-22
Use props
mlavoie
New
United States

Another useless update for owners of the Amazing Fujifilm X-T3 (or any Fujifilm camera!)
You know, the camera that won DPReview's top spot: 2018 Consumer Stills/Video Camera of The Year
and top spots on THREE of their "Best Camera" ratings:
Best camera under $1500
Best camera for video
Best camera people and events

What does Fujifilm have to do to get DJI to simply support their camera's too!?  How many awards and accolades do they have to get before DJI supports them?
How many other Gimbal makers out there will beat them to the punch on this?
2019-5-29
Use props
Flyin Ryan 420
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2097713 ft
United States

termiNAEtor Posted at 3-14 01:04
Done! Work great with Nikon D850 with Adjustable Focus wheel and no need to turn the camera off and on again after playback. Simply double tap the trigger and everything returns to live view again. Well Done.

How are you liking Ronin S with d850? I plan on manually focusing a majority of the time. I use my d850 mainly for wildlife photography but would like to do some motion lapses and hyper-lapses. Also just some basic real estate footage. Are you happy with your Ronin s? What aren’t you happy with if anything? Thanks a bunch.
2019-6-10
Use props
fans1e9eb9f4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55879 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

so still no workaround with - no HDMI signal with MC Ccable plugged in?

Sony a7III + Ninja V
2019-6-10
Use props
mehmetkocaman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69140 ft
Turkey

Hello Waiting so badly to support also fuji cameras
2019-6-12
Use props
fans09ab3964
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6650 ft
Singapore

Is it normal for the firmware version to not show up properly on my DJI phone app and command unit and properly on the DJI desktop app? I see v1.2 on the phone and command unit and v1.8 on my desktop
2019-6-16
Use props
razbo21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36535 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No fix for recentre issue's
2019-6-22
Use props
razbo21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36535 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Unless crap, wish i had gone for the zhiyun weebill lab
2019-6-22
Use props
Carnell DaCog Sims
New

United States

What about us canon 60d users???????
2019-8-3
Use props
Librebowski
lvl.3
United States

Anyone interested in the Ronin-S should wait for DJI to confirm a firmware update with force-mobile is coming, as of now development is most likely halted.
2019-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules