Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Universal Mount Connections?
522 5 3-14 02:15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
no64
lvl.2
Germany

First post here... and new to Ronin-S.
I was thinking about what connections the Universal Mount have - there is a connection for external power, but in the description it says:

"...Other DJI approved cables can also be used to connect to corresponding devices to supply power to or communicate with the Ronin-S."

https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-s-universal-mount

So what is that "communication" they are mentioning?

Is it possible to connect a wired external Joystick to control the Ronin-S ?
3-14 02:15
Use props
no64
lvl.2
Germany

.. I wonder if the functionality will be the same on the Ronin-s as on the Ronin 2 with this cable:
https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-2-can-bus-control-cable

Where can I find more information about all possible connections and "external" control of the Ronin-s ?
3-15 00:24
Use props
AVsupport
Second Officer
Flight distance : 308570 ft
Australia

I was wondering about powering too. Currently it doesn’t look like there would be any option (adapter cable) to use the battery handle as a remote power source, which I think is a little silly.
However, information at this stage is a little sketchy / non-existant as these products seem to still be in development..
I for my part would loke to know how you could ‘buggy’-mount the RoninS on a jib crane or steadicam arm without the hand grip which makes a too low centre of gravity and this can introduce vertical ‘sway’ movement errors
3-15 22:58
Use props
no64
lvl.2
Germany

I hope there will be more accessoires soon.
Mounting the Ronin-S on a Jib would be great.. but then there is at least a need of an "external" Joystick and Trigger-Button to have the basic controls.
4-25 01:50
Use props
fans49d9ac3a
lvl.1

Georgia

I am going to customize the power cable, but I still did not know what are the pin 4 and pin 5 for.

pin 1,2,3 in positive, pin 6,7,8, is negative .

But what the hell are pin 4 and pin 5. There is no power there. Nothing.

anybody had clarify this issue of customization?

IMG_0875-2.jpg
IMG_0876-2.jpg
4-28 02:47
Use props
no64
lvl.2
Germany

... maybe control.

It is really hard to get information about this.
11-13 10:25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules