Universal Mount Connections?
1773 9 2019-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
no64
lvl.2
Germany

First post here... and new to Ronin-S.
I was thinking about what connections the Universal Mount have - there is a connection for external power, but in the description it says:

"...Other DJI approved cables can also be used to connect to corresponding devices to supply power to or communicate with the Ronin-S."

https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-s-universal-mount

So what is that "communication" they are mentioning?

Is it possible to connect a wired external Joystick to control the Ronin-S ?
2019-3-14
Use props
no64
lvl.2
Germany

.. I wonder if the functionality will be the same on the Ronin-s as on the Ronin 2 with this cable:
https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-2-can-bus-control-cable

Where can I find more information about all possible connections and "external" control of the Ronin-s ?
2019-3-15
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I was wondering about powering too. Currently it doesn’t look like there would be any option (adapter cable) to use the battery handle as a remote power source, which I think is a little silly.
However, information at this stage is a little sketchy / non-existant as these products seem to still be in development..
I for my part would loke to know how you could ‘buggy’-mount the RoninS on a jib crane or steadicam arm without the hand grip which makes a too low centre of gravity and this can introduce vertical ‘sway’ movement errors
2019-3-15
Use props
no64
lvl.2
Germany

I hope there will be more accessoires soon.
Mounting the Ronin-S on a Jib would be great.. but then there is at least a need of an "external" Joystick and Trigger-Button to have the basic controls.
2019-4-25
Use props
fans49d9ac3a
lvl.2

Georgia

I am going to customize the power cable, but I still did not know what are the pin 4 and pin 5 for.

pin 1,2,3 in positive, pin 6,7,8, is negative .

But what the hell are pin 4 and pin 5. There is no power there. Nothing.

anybody had clarify this issue of customization?

IMG_0875-2.jpg
IMG_0876-2.jpg
2019-4-28
Use props
no64
lvl.2
Germany

... maybe control.

It is really hard to get information about this.
2019-11-13
Use props
David59
lvl.2

Georgia

no64 Posted at 2019-11-13 10:25
... maybe control.

It is really hard to get information about this.

Yes, this pins are connected to nothing. I am going to ignore them at all.

I follow the simple logic: on the one hand there is just 2 wires, connected to D-tap. There is no such pin as control or whatsoever. Just plus and minus wires, which are going to power the mount. And inside the mount they just connect together several pins of plus and sec=veral pins of minus.
I wonder why DJI made this thing and why to distribute power for gimbal need to make so sophisticated PCB with some chips inside...
2020-4-29
Use props
no64
lvl.2
Germany

... it has to be some "control" because you can connect the new "Tethered control handle to the universal mount

https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-s-tethered-control-handle
2020-4-29
Use props
David59
lvl.2

Georgia

no64 Posted at 4-29 22:36
... it has to be some "control" because you can connect the new "Tethered control handle to the universal mount

https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-s-tethered-control-handle

Yes, may be this middle pins are used for control from this unit, but normally, just for power, they are not used.
D tap connector does not have any control pins. There only 2: plus and minus
And this 2 pins of D tap goes to the 123 and 678 of the universal mount.
If there is some kind of control from gimbal itself , it has nothing to do with power.

It is shame, that we can not get an answer from DJI staff, if they read this forum. The only thing that they may answer is : ..... DJI not recommend to do make modifications to the units because of the bla bla bla of warranty. But I do not care about warranty, I want the unit to work the way I wish. Shame !
2020-5-1
Use props
David59
lvl.2

Georgia

David59 Posted at 5-1 01:19
Yes, may be this middle pins are used for control from this unit, but normally, just for power, they are not used.
D tap connector does not have any control pins. There only 2: plus and minus
And this 2 pins of D tap goes to the 123 and 678 of the universal mount.

This is the situation. Now can DJI answer the simple question: if I connect to the 4S power source pin 123 and 678 will it be ok, or the unit will not power my roninS? Just simple as that
1 copy.jpg
2 copy.jpg
3 copy.jpg
2020-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules