v1.8.0.70 Nikon Z6 External Recorder Issue
12Next >
7330 40 2019-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dantastic
lvl.3
Taiwan

I've been waiting for a long time for z6 support from the Ronin, and now it's here I can't use it because plugging in the USB and turning on the gimbal cuts off the HDMI signal to my Ninja V external recorder. The signal goes out ok if the Ronin is turned off, even plugged into the camera, but when I turn it on the signal cuts. I've tried every order of turning on/off different parts and always the same issue.
2019-3-14
Use props
AtleD
lvl.1
Norway

Same problem here. Makes the update useless for monitor users. Pulling focus on the built in screen not very accurate...
2019-3-14
Use props
mavicroninz6
lvl.2
United States

Please DJI, this should be a simple fix because it worked on Z7 with Ronin S and Z6 with gimbal from all other brands . Please resolve this soon.
2019-3-14
Use props
MarcelMartinez
lvl.1
Flight distance : 333077 ft
United States

Gosh Dangit. All excited to see that the update comes out and get it all set when I come across this post. F$%& Hooked up my Ninja V and I get the same problem...No input to the recorder, and I can't override and record on the Z6 either.  Renders my 10-bit 4k recording useless as well as my monitor. Not to mention PRORES raw when it comes out in May...man I hope this is fixed way before then
2019-3-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, thanks for your feedback, any chance to take a short video so that we can forward to our engineers for further verification? We also need the firmware version of your Z6 and the model of your external monitor. Thank you.
2019-3-17
Use props
dantastic
lvl.3
Taiwan

Nikon Z6 firmware 1.01 (latest)
Atomos Ninja V external recorder

I can't make a video right now but what happens is this:
If the Ronin S is turned off (plugged in or not) everything works as expected
If the Ronin S is plugged in and turned on, and the Z6 is in video mode,  the Z6 does not send a Hdmi output signal
If the Z6 is in photo mode or in the menu in video mode, the Hdmi output works as expected
2019-3-18
Use props
fans1a44069c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 395591 ft
United States

dantastic Posted at 3-18 23:59
Nikon Z6 firmware 1.01 (latest)
Atomos Ninja V external recorder

Hello. Same issue exactly. I update Ronin S, Atomos Ninja V and Nikon Z6 to all latest firmware and no change. DJI please fix this issue (No HDMI signal when focus control/USB connected to Nikon Z6 on Ronin S).
2019-3-19
Use props
dantastic
lvl.3
Taiwan

2019-3-20
Use props
kerberos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2847851 ft
  • >>>
Italy

That's a big big big issue for me as well. Next monday my new Z6 will be finally in my hands, I'm already using my Ronin-S (not listed in my profile because bought second-hand, despite I provided to DJI admins all photos and receipts, but this is another story)  with an external monitor and my current dslr, now I can't believe I should go back to the camera monitor just to take advantage of the Ronin-S focus wheel and buttons! Hope DJI will solve this as soon as possible.
2019-3-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

dantastic Posted at 3-20 04:43
Heres a video, not great quality though because my cameras in the video!

Hi dantastic, thanks for the video, I have received the feedback from our engineers that this issue will be optimized via the firmware update and our engineers are working on it now, please wait patiently, thank you very much.
2019-3-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

kerberos Posted at 3-22 01:34
That's a big big big issue for me as well. Next monday my new Z6 will be finally in my hands, I'm already using my Ronin-S (not listed in my profile because bought second-hand, despite I provided to DJI admins all photos and receipts, but this is another story)  with an external monitor and my current dslr, now I can't believe I should go back to the camera monitor just to take advantage of the Ronin-S focus wheel and buttons! Hope DJI will solve this as soon as possible.

Hi Keberos, we are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused. Our engineers have been aware of this and this issue will be optimized via the firmware update, our engineers are working on it now, please wait patiently, thank you very much.
2019-3-22
Use props
5thGear
lvl.2
Flight distance : 838563 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tried to connect Z6 to the Atomos Ninja V after the latest Ronin-S update. I get no HDMI signal out to Atomos from Z6 if USB cable is plugged into camera from Ronin-S. Super weird thing happens when I press the "menu" button on the Z6 to get into user menu on the camera, the Atomos gets an output and i can see the Z6 menu on camera & Atomos. How mush LONGER will we have to wait for next firmware update? (That should have been part of the original firmware update...)
2019-3-22
Use props
kerberos
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-22 02:23
Hi Keberos, we are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused. Our engineers have been aware of this and this issue will be optimized via the firmware update, our engineers are working on it now, please wait patiently, thank you very much.

Thanks very much Mindy, I'm sure they are working hard on it and glad that it's going to be solved.
2019-3-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

kerberos Posted at 3-22 11:11
Thanks very much Mindy, I'm sure they are working hard on it and glad that it's going to be solved.

You are welcome, please note the future update, thanks for your attention and support to DJI.
2019-3-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

5thGear Posted at 3-22 08:24
Tried to connect Z6 to the Atomos Ninja V after the latest Ronin-S update. I get no HDMI signal out to Atomos from Z6 if USB cable is plugged into camera from Ronin-S. Super weird thing happens when I press the "menu" button on the Z6 to get into user menu on the camera, the Atomos gets an output and i can see the Z6 menu on camera & Atomos. How mush LONGER will we have to wait for next firmware update? (That should have been part of the original firmware update...)

Hi 5thGear, our engineers are working on it and will get it optimized as soon as possible, once the new firmware is released, we will make the announcement in Forum. Sorry for the inconvenience caused during this time.
2019-3-23
Use props
Mediapix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44600 ft
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-23 00:16
Hi 5thGear, our engineers are working on it and will get it optimized as soon as possible, once the new firmware is released, we will make the announcement in Forum. Sorry for the inconvenience caused during this time.

I reply here to follow this thread.... hope Nikon or DJI will solve this soon!
2019-4-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mediapix Posted at 4-11 23:34
I reply here to follow this thread.... hope Nikon or DJI will solve this soon!

Thanks for your following up, Mediapix, we have just replied your post in another thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1824417
2019-4-12
Use props
fans90c918b9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23596 ft
Germany

Hi, I have the same issue with my Sony a7 iii and the ronin s and my atomos ninja v. As soon as the ronin is powered on and connected to the camera via mcc usb-c cable the hdmi output from the camera shuts down. All devices have the latest currently available firmware (2019-05-08) Anyone knows if the mcc-Micro USB cable would work instead?
2019-5-8
Use props
Mediapix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44600 ft
Netherlands

Hello DJI..... 2,5 month later.... nothing yet? For a good programmer it's a days work to get the firmware update up and running..... Why are you let your customers wait so long? You know that one dissatisfied customer costs you more than getting you 10 new ones........ Telling all the world about your service....
thnx for taking it serious! I could be the one with a company wanting to buy many drones at once.......
2019-5-24
Use props
almacrae
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21467 ft
United States

So, I'm new to this particular forum, however, I have both Z6 & Z7 and took delivery of a Ronin S earlier this week.  My Zs are both running the latest firmware from Nikon, v2.0 and the Ronin has the latest firmware as well.  My issue, at the moment, is that there is a considerable delay from the time the shutter release on the Ronin is pressed until the actual photo is taken.  This occurs with both the 6 & 7.  I have read in here that the 'new' firmware provides for 5 'speed' settings for compatible Nikon cameras.  Can anyone shed any light on the shutter release delay issue?  Is it part and parcel to the speed settings of which DJI speaks?

Thanks for your help.
2019-5-24
Use props
Sinisalo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1066804 ft
  • >>>
United States

any word on when that firmware update will happen?
2019-5-30
Use props
almacrae
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21467 ft
United States

So, I'm on the fence at this point.  I'm happy with how the gimbal performs and excited at the possibilities it has the potential for BUT, at the moment, I find it pretty useless with either of the Nikon Z cameras.  Using it as a still gimbal, to follow sports can't be done because there is a significant delay (~ 1 second) before the camera fires after pushing the shutter release on the Ronin.  For video, pretty useless without the ability to use an external monitor, which shuts off when the Ronin is connected to the camera(s).  I'm getting ready to return it before I get outside the return period but, at the same time, I'm inclined to keep it because I'm sure the software folks with figure it out.  

How about it, DJI.  Clearly the Ronin isn't compatible with the Nikon Z cameras, along with a bunch of others.  When can we reasonably expect it?
2019-5-30
Use props
dantastic
lvl.3
Taiwan

From their replies it seems like they probably figured out the fix a long time ago, but their firmware update schedule is slow and we just have to wait for that even though they could probably release a fix today.

Camera control isn't super critical to me, I start and stop recording on the Ninja V anyway, but it would be nice
2019-5-30
Use props
kerberos
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Hi there,

any news from DJI staff? It's over 3 months and most of the competing products have now full Z6 support. Any ETA about Ronin-S update? Thanks in advance.
2019-6-5
Use props
MarcelMartinez
lvl.1
Flight distance : 333077 ft
United States

no update...how many people have sold there Ronin S and upgraded to a newer working competitors? Taking recommendations now
2019-6-12
Use props
alexanderjmichl
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Is this something that is still being considered?
2019-6-26
Use props
kerberos
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

MarcelMartinez Posted at 6-12 09:14
no update...how many people have sold there Ronin S and upgraded to a newer working competitors? Taking recommendations now

Can’t wait anymore, I’m looking  for the Moza Air 2.
2019-6-26
Use props
fansf027278b
lvl.1
United States

Any updates?? This is a crucial feature needed.
2019-7-17
Use props
NikMar
lvl.2
United States

Does this effect the Z7 as well?  I have not updated to the new firmware update (1.8.0.70) and am due to receive my Atomos Ninja V tomorrow and hoping this won't be an issue...
2019-7-18
Use props
NikMar
lvl.2
United States

NikMar Posted at 7-18 06:39
Does this effect the Z7 as well?  I have not updated to the new firmware update (1.8.0.70) and am due to receive my Atomos Ninja V tomorrow and hoping this won't be an issue...

UPDATE - I just received my Ninja V and was able to record with the Z7, Ninja V and Ronin-S connected together.  I am running firmware 1.7.0.70 as I heard the latest firmware (1.8.0.70) may not work.
2019-7-24
Use props
kerberos
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

NikMar Posted at 7-24 17:26
UPDATE - I just received my Ninja V and was able to record with the Z7, Ninja V and Ronin-S connected together.  I am running firmware 1.7.0.70 as I heard the latest firmware (1.8.0.70) may not work.

Wait, what? Do you mean that with the previous firmware version you are able to use the focus wheel, the ronin record button AND the external video output?
2019-7-25
Use props
NikMar
lvl.2
United States

kerberos Posted at 7-25 01:53
Wait, what? Do you mean that with the previous firmware version you are able to use the focus wheel, the ronin record button AND the external video output?

Version 1.7.0.60 works with the Z7 and the Atomos Ninja V for utilizing the record button, shows on the external recorder (I am able to record 10-bit).  The focus wheel does not work on this version, but did on the previous version.  That was before I had my Ninja V.

I can't get the link to work but here's a quick YouTube that I shot to show this working.

https://youtu.be/iwd5s6y7svk

Hope this helps.
2019-7-27
Use props
NikMar
lvl.2
United States

kerberos Posted at 7-25 01:53

UPDATE - yes, I was able to get the focus wheel, Ronin-S record button and record in 10-bit N-log to my Ninja V.  I reviewed through the forum and found out that to get the focus wheel to work, you need to be in AF-S or AF-C, not AF-F.  I switched from AF-F to AF-C and it works like a charm.

I'll shoot a video showing this later today.
2019-8-26
Use props
kerberos
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Yes please, you would be the very first one to make it work.
2019-8-27
Use props
NikMar
lvl.2
United States

kerberos Posted at 8-27 14:04
Yes please, you would be the very first one to make it work.

Here is the link showing this working on the Z7

2019-8-27
Use props
kerberos
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Hi NikMar, thanks for the video. I have the Nikon Z6, not the Z7, I think I've already tried what you show in the video (using the same previous Ronin-S firmware) but I'll give a second shot ASAP, thanks.
2019-8-28
Use props
NikMar
lvl.2
United States

kerberos Posted at 8-28 00:13
Hi NikMar, thanks for the video. I have the Nikon Z6, not the Z7, I think I've already tried what you show in the video (using the same previous Ronin-S firmware) but I'll give a second shot ASAP, thanks.

DJI just released a new firmware update this morning that may fix your problem with the Z6.  Here's from their update notes:

Fixed issue: when recording video on a Nikon Z6 camera, footage could not be displayed on an HDMI monitor.

Hope this fixes your issues.
2019-8-28
Use props
kerberos
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

NikMar Posted at 8-28 05:59
DJI just released a new firmware update this morning that may fix your problem with the Z6.  Here's from their update notes:

Fixed issue: when recording video on a Nikon Z6 camera, footage could not be displayed on an HDMI monitor.

Now I see the firmware update and... IT WORKS! Finally!

Thanks for reporting, finally I can return the other gimbal and go back with my Ronin-S!
2019-8-28
Use props
NikMar
lvl.2
United States

kerberos Posted at 8-28 11:07
Now I see the firmware update and... IT WORKS! Finally!

Thanks for reporting, finally I can return the other gimbal and go back with my Ronin-S!

Awesome - glad it works!
2019-8-28
Use props
dantastic
lvl.3
Taiwan

Ronin S +Nikon Z6 + Ninja V working perfectly now, thank you DJI
2019-8-31
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now