9682 40 2019-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rangerbob 6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 349865 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just downloaded the new Ronin S firmware and can confirm that it is compatible with the Nikon Z6.  It was about time.  Will be taking it out for a spin in the coming weeks.  Please Nikon Z6 users, feel free to comment and let us know how the update is working for you.  Thanks.
2019-3-14
Use props
Eric van Roy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4273097 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

ninja v also not working with usb cable
2019-3-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Yes, the Nikon Z6 is now fully compatible with the latest firmware update. Hope that you could get the best feedback from our valued DJI Forum members who managed to use this Nikon Z6. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-14
Use props
mavicroninz6
lvl.2
United States

Hi Tony, it only works with Z6 without external monitor. So you end up with either focus pull or monitoring(recording). Since monitoring (and recording) is essential to serious Z6 video work, this is very limiting. Please resolve this problem soon.
2019-3-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

mavicroninz6 Posted at 3-14 16:03
Hi Tony, it only works with Z6 without external monitor. So you end up with either focus pull or monitoring(recording). Since monitoring (and recording) is essential to serious Z6 video work, this is very limiting. Please resolve this problem soon.

Hi there, we are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused. Our engineers have been aware of this and will optimize via the firmware update, we are working on it now, please wait patiently, thank you very much.
2019-3-22
Use props
5thGear
lvl.2
Flight distance : 838563 ft
  • >>>
United States

Eric van Roy Posted at 3-14 04:56
ninja v also not working with usb cable

Tried to connect Z6 to the Atomos Ninja V after the latest Ronin-S update. I get no HDMI signal out to Atomos from Z6 if USB cable is plugged into camera from Ronin-S. Super weird thing happens when I press the "menu" button on the Z6 to get into user menu on the camera, the Atomos gets an output and i can see the Z6 menu on camera & Atomos. How mush LONGER will we have to wait for next firmware update? (That should have been part of the original firmware update...)
2019-3-22
Use props
csanctuary
lvl.1
Switzerland

Happy to see the Firmware update for the Nikon Z6, but I have the same problem when trying to connect my Atomos Ninja V.  When I turn on the Z6 while connected to the Ninhja V, I see the image for a split second on the Ninja V, but then it disappears and I see the "No Input" error despite all the correctly wired positions.

Please help!!
2019-3-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

csanctuary Posted at 3-27 08:50
Happy to see the Firmware update for the Nikon Z6, but I have the same problem when trying to connect my Atomos Ninja V.  When I turn on the Z6 while connected to the Ninhja V, I see the image for a split second on the Ninja V, but then it disappears and I see the "No Input" error despite all the correctly wired positions.

Please help!!

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. Currently, our engineers are working on it, and this issue will be fixed by a firmware update. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-3-28
Use props
Mediapix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44600 ft
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-28 01:34
Hi there, thank you for your feedback. Currently, our engineers are working on it, and this issue will be fixed by a firmware update. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I reply here to follow this thread.... hope Nikon or DJI will solve this soon!
2019-4-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mediapix Posted at 4-11 23:26
I reply here to follow this thread.... hope Nikon or DJI will solve this soon!

Hi Mediapix, we are working on it, please note the future firmware release.
2019-4-12
Use props
Mediapix
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-12 04:23
Hi Mediapix, we are working on it, please note the future firmware release.

Dear DJI support, I bought the Ronin S for my videobusiness, since 9 february, I have to weeks to consider if I keep it, or give it back..... Asking you now: is it really for sure that the next firmware update will solve the bug of not beeing able to use HDMI output Ninja V and MMC type C cable to Z6 simultanious?
Otherwise It's nothing good for me, and I have to return it to the store! Facebook is engulfed with this error. So I hope there comes an update soon? Thnx for your assurance!
2019-4-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mediapix Posted at 4-12 23:11
Dear DJI support, I bought the Ronin S for my videobusiness, since 9 february, I have to weeks to consider if I keep it, or give it back..... Asking you now: is it really for sure that the next firmware update will solve the bug of not beeing able to use HDMI output Ninja V and MMC type C cable to Z6 simultanious?
Otherwise It's nothing good for me, and I have to return it to the store! Facebook is engulfed with this error. So I hope there comes an update soon? Thnx for your assurance!

Yes, this issue will be fixed by firmware update. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-4-14
Use props
Mediapix
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-14 03:05
Yes, this issue will be fixed by firmware update. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Dear support. When will this update be released?
2019-4-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mediapix Posted at 4-29 23:44
Dear support. When will this update be released?

We didn't receive the estimated release date yet, once the new firmware is released, we will make an announcement post in the Forum, thanks for your patience.
2019-4-30
Use props
Mediapix
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-30 03:57
We didn't receive the estimated release date yet, once the new firmware is released, we will make an announcement post in the Forum, thanks for your patience.

So, it's not sure that this will be solved????? Which makes this gimbal unusable....
2019-5-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mediapix Posted at 5-3 23:24
So, it's not sure that this will be solved????? Which makes this gimbal unusable....

Sure it will be fixed via a firmware update, we just haven't got the date from our engineers, please note our website of the later update.
2019-5-4
Use props
fans90c918b9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23596 ft
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-30 03:57
We didn't receive the estimated release date yet, once the new firmware is released, we will make an announcement post in the Forum, thanks for your patience.

I have the exact same issue with the Sony a7 iii camera
2019-5-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans90c918b9 Posted at 5-8 10:45
I have the exact same issue with the Sony a7 iii camera

Hi there, Sony camera doesn't support dual output, the camera will enter PC mode when connecting to the external monitor, thanks for your understanding.
2019-5-9
Use props
fansbe5926a4
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Any ETA for this? It was originally brought up in March. Just wanted to check. Thank you
2019-5-17
Use props
kerberos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2847851 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I kindly support the call again (Z6 hdmi output), thanks in advance.
2019-5-17
Use props
almacrae
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21467 ft
United States

Posting also to follow this.  I want to use the Ronin-S for still photography more than video.  However, I'm encountering a problem with a significant delay in the shutter release from the shutter button on the Ronin.  Like one of the other posters, I'm currently leaning towards returning the unit since encountering the shutter release issue and reading of the several, significant video related problems.  I'm going to give it another week or so before I decide whether or not to keep it.
2019-5-28
Use props
fansa801ead6
lvl.1

Germany

I have the same problem with a Nikon Z6 and a Shogun Inferno. I suspect that the video signal will be sent via USB-C to the Ronin-S instead of via HDMI to the Shogun Inferno. Please quickly release a firmware update, the problem is already over four months old. In the current state, the combination is useless.
@dji: Is there a time when the problem is fixed?
2019-6-23
Use props
almacrae
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21467 ft
United States

Well, I've passed the date by which I could return my Ronin-S to the vendor, B&H.  Following this thread, it's been well over three months since people brought this issue to light.  I put my trust in DJI that this problem would be resolved but, now I'm worried that I may have invested in a pricey paperweight.
2019-6-25
Use props
Mediapix
lvl.2
Netherlands

Dji...... looks like the money is in.... so who cares about some customers in the far away Netherlands..... Getting really frustrated, and wanting to post this issue to all the email-adresses on the dji-site, helped me once while dji made me pay for a repair who was not repaired.... maybe the CEO wants to know about this.... come on... tell us what is going on?
2019-7-5
Use props
HaraldL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1042635 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Disappointed to learn that my Nikon Z7 does not video output as soon as the DJI USB-C cable is connected.
So the focus wheel is not usable at the same time as external recording to the Ninja V.

I hope there will be a solution soon!

RoninS.jpg
2019-7-6
Use props
Mediapix
lvl.2
Netherlands

Mediapix Posted at 7-5 06:28
Dji...... looks like the money is in.... so who cares about some customers in the far away Netherlands..... Getting really frustrated, and wanting to post this issue to all the email-adresses on the dji-site, helped me once while dji made me pay for a repair who was not repaired.... maybe the CEO wants to know about this.... come on... tell us what is going on?

just like I said, mailed it to all DJI mailadresses.... hope that those departments take this serious!
2019-7-18
Use props
jobu
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

They don't care about dual output problem . Just trying to sell new products and sunset old ones .
2019-8-5
Use props
5thGear
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-22 02:50
Hi there, we are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused. Our engineers have been aware of this and will optimize via the firmware update, we are working on it now, please wait patiently, thank you very much.

How patient are we supposed to be? It's August and there is a new Ronin SC for mirrorless cameras, but those of us that purchased the S for the Z6, with is practically the same as the Z7, still can't use the ninja v and pull focus...
2019-8-11
Use props
5thGear
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

HaraldL Posted at 7-6 11:28
Disappointed to learn that my Nikon Z7 does not video output as soon as the DJI USB-C cable is connected.
So the focus wheel is not usable at the same time as external recording to the Ninja V.

where did you find those HDMI cables in your picture???
2019-8-11
Use props
davejallen
New
New Zealand

hi - yes same deal - newly purchased nikon z6 + ronin s + ninja v. updated to latest firmware today but still no fix for simultaneous external recording and camera control. hope dji can fix this soon via update because its really annoying.
2019-8-12
Use props
Moremo
lvl.1

Now it's September and nothing happened! When will DJI solve this problem?
2019-9-5
Use props
kerberos
Second Officer
  • >>>

Moremo Posted at 9-5 15:30
Now it's September and nothing happened! When will DJI solve this problem?

The z6 and z7 output video signal properly after the last week Ronin’s Firmware update.
2019-9-6
Use props
Mediapix
lvl.2

I heard no news from anybody.... but now everything works nice.... Ninja V, Ronin -S and Nikon Z6 connected with the MCC-C cable.....
2019-9-30
Use props
SKSJ
New

India

I have purchaseed a Nikon Z6. But which gimbal model will fully support with this camera?
My budget 30000/- to 35000/-
2019-10-24
Use props
fans00f102af
lvl.1
Flight distance : 294180 ft
United Kingdom

kerberos Posted at 2019-9-6 03:48
The z6 and z7 output video signal properly after the last week Ronin’s Firmware update.

Hi @kerberos, please can you confirm that the Z6 with Ninja V now works correctly when connected to the Ronin S? (I.e. we can now have both camera control AND HMDI out?)
2020-5-11
Use props
guneld
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2431 ft
Sweden

What's the latest when it comes to Nikon Z6 compatibility with Ronin-S?
I'm using my Z6 together with NinjaV on the Ronin-S successfully except for two issues,
1. The Z6 battery drains when connected to the Ronin with the USB cable
2. No way to set Custom WB when connected to the Ronin-S (USB)

Are these knows issues and is so Any workarounds/solutions?
2020-6-7
Use props
JP LEE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-3-22 02:50
Hi there, we are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused. Our engineers have been aware of this and will optimize via the firmware update, we are working on it now, please wait patiently, thank you very much.

Hi,

There is some confusion on this forum as to the full compatibility of Nikon Z6 and Ronin-S. Can you please confirm that the Ronin S will now allow focus pulling (using MCC-B cable) AND output signal to Atoms monitors?

Thanks,

Jon
2020-9-23
Use props
JP LEE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

kerberos Posted at 2019-9-6 03:48

Hi,

There is some confusion on this forum as to the full compatibility of Nikon Z6 and Ronin-S. Can you please confirm that the Ronin S will now allow focus pulling (using MCC-B cable) AND output signal to Atoms monitors? Are you a DJI rep?
2020-9-23
Use props
kerberos
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

JP LEE Posted at 2020-9-23 06:03
Hi,

There is some confusion on this forum as to the full compatibility of Nikon Z6 and Ronin-S. Can you please confirm that the Ronin S will now allow focus pulling (using MCC-B cable) AND output signal to Atoms monitors? Are you a DJI rep?

Sorry, I completely missed this message.
Even if it's late, I can tell you that the focus wheel AND Atomos monitor works well with the aforementioned cable. I use them both.
2021-3-1
Use props
JP LEE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

kerberos Posted at 3-1 01:09
Sorry, I completely missed this message.
Even if it's late, I can tell you that the focus wheel AND Atomos monitor works well with the aforementioned cable. I use them both.

Thanks. Much appreciated. Funnily enough i have only just ordered one this week...hence back here checking up again. Appreciated.
2021-3-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules