Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can't update properly my Ronin S
12Next >
18103 78 2019-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
_edw
New
France

Hi !

So i tried to update my ronin and it failed upload at 59%, i tried to downgrad it, it failed too.. but when i connect with the Ronin App (ios) it shows 1.1.0, so i tried to update again, and fail again and in the Ronin App it shows me N/A on the firmware version..

Tried on imac & macbook with fresh dji assistant install..

an idea ?

thanks

Capture d’écran 2019-03-14 à 13.22.14.png
IMG_9766.PNG
2019-3-14
Use props
_edw
New
France

Just retry with 1.7.0.60, failed @66% "Update Failed."  nothing in the log, but when i connect on the iOS App 1.7.0.60.....

what's happen?
2019-3-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi _edw, sorry for the trouble on updating the firmware, please make sure the camera has been disconnected during the firmware upgrade and it is recommended to turn the gimbal off, please retry and let us know if the issue persists, thank you.
2019-3-17
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I had the same problem... solved updating with the Ronin-S "ON" and camera mounted but not connected.
2019-3-17
Use props
djiuser_EtSihsol0DmT
New

Italy

Hi, i have the same problem... i try to change usb port, usb type-c cable anc pc (laptop, desktop and mac) but the latest firmware won't upgrade
2019-4-12
Use props
djiuser_EtSihsol0DmT
New

Italy

[2019-04-13 12:52:06:969][info]
[ws] event: { DEVICE_STATUS: 'activated',
  DEVICE_TYPE: 'hg700',
  EVENT: 'device_arrival',
  FILE: 'b96ea15307afd8e71c3a2855f17aad9e1a90d382',
  NEED_UPGRADE: false,
  PRODUCT_TYPE: 'Center_board',
  SERVICE_LIST:
   [ '/controller/module_activate/b96ea15307afd8e71c3a2855f17aad9e1a90d382',
     '/controller/upgrade/b96ea15307afd8e71c3a2855f17aad9e1a90d382',
     '/ronin/config/b96ea15307afd8e71c3a2855f17aad9e1a90d382' ],
  SN: '0EMDG3E00D00FX',
  SUB_DEVICE_TYPE: '',
  VERSION: '01.00.06.40' }

[2019-04-13 12:52:06:977][info]
[ws] event: { APP_VERSION: '2.0.2.6',
  EVENT: 'app_ver',
  HASH_SERVICE: '92f956ff1b386fc6db1b4f15120141848fbf4abe' }

[2019-04-13 12:52:06:977][info]
[ws] event: { EVENT: 'push_system_info', OS_TYPE: 'Win', OS_VERSION: 192 }

[2019-04-13 12:52:07:151][info]
[ws] rsp: { ERROR: 'success',
  SEQ: 'h0irl07w',
  VALUE: { account: 'marcom.art86@gmail.com', status: true } }
2019-4-13
Use props
djiuser_AoHx3tXhyYTP
lvl.1

United States

I too am having the same issue. Hoping for an answer soon as I am traveling and want to use it with my new EOS R.
2019-4-16
Use props
rogerhinds
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47008 ft
United States

djiuser_AoHx3tXhyYTP Posted at 4-16 16:39
I too am having the same issue. Hoping for an answer soon as I am traveling and want to use it with my new EOS R.

I am having exactly this same issue.  I cannot complete a firmware update.  It fails, just as above post describe.  Please give some ideas.
2019-4-16
Use props
fansd5e9e6c8
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello. I have a similar issue. The latest update is not working. In the beggining I was getting the message: “The device connection is unstable... “ then when trying again it gave me the error that the device isnt connected to the wifi. My mac was connected to wifi and the Device which it was refering to in my undersranding ‘Ronin S’ hasn’t got wifi. Now I am getting a different error again here is the screenshot
2019-4-17
Use props
fansd5e9e6c8
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Didn’t upload the image for some reason. Image upload also doesnt work. Awesome
2019-4-17
Use props
Ronin Beginner
lvl.1
United States

Has anyone found a fix for this yet? I also have a similar problem. I can downgrade and upgrade to every firmware version except for the latest, 1.8.0.70.

I just got this in the mail yesterday so if I can't get this to work today I'm just going to return it.
2019-4-17
Use props
Ronin Beginner
lvl.1
United States

Just a quick update. Tech support has informed that this is a server issue, and not a hardware defect. The fix for this will come out in the next firmware revision. It's strange that they have to roll out a new version just to fix their server issue, but I guess that's how they do things.
2019-4-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Ronin Beginner Posted at 4-18 10:11
Just a quick update. Tech support has informed that this is a server issue, and not a hardware defect. The fix for this will come out in the next firmware revision. It's strange that they have to roll out a new version just to fix their server issue, but I guess that's how they do things.

Hi Ronin Beginner, sorry for the troubles on updating the firmware, I didn't hear of there is a server error, may I verify how did you contact our support? Please PM me your contact info.
When the latest firmware fails to be updated, please re-plug the cable, then restart the gimbal and update again.
If there is still no luck, please post the screenshot of the error message here and export the logs for further analysis, thank you.
Windows:C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\DJI Assistant 2\RONIN\log
Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/DJI Pro Assistant For Ronin⁩ /⁨Contents⁩/⁨DJIApp
2019-4-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansd5e9e6c8 Posted at 4-17 11:34
Hello. I have a similar issue. The latest update is not working. In the beggining I was getting the message: “The device connection is unstable... “ then when trying again it gave me the error that the device isnt connected to the wifi. My mac was connected to wifi and the Device which it was refering to in my undersranding ‘Ronin S’ hasn’t got wifi. Now I am getting a different error again here is the screenshot

Hi there, sorry for the troubles on updating the latest firmware.
1. Please make sure your computer is connecting to the network normally.
2. Make sure you are running the latest DJI PRO Assistant for Ronin
3. When the latest firmware fails to be updated, please re-plug the cable, then restart the gimbal and update again.
4. If there is still no luck, please post the screenshot of the error message here (you can upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here if the pictures failed to be uploaded) and export the logs for further analysis, thank you.
Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/DJI Pro Assistant For Ronin⁩ /⁨Contents⁩/⁨DJIApp

In addition, may I verify if you can downgrade the firmware successfully?
2019-4-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_EtSihsol0DmT Posted at 4-13 02:53
[2019-04-13 12:52:06:969]
[ws] event: { DEVICE_STATUS: 'activated',
  DEVICE_TYPE: 'hg700',

Hi there, sorry for the troubles on updating the latest firmware.
1. Please make sure your computer is connecting to the network normally.
2. Make sure you are running the latest DJI PRO Assistant for Ronin.
3. Balance the gimbal properly and disconnect the camera before updating.
4. When the latest firmware fails to be updated, please re-plug the Type-C cable, then restart the gimbal and update again.
5. If there is still no luck, please post the screenshot of the error message here and export the logs for further analysis, thank you. (The logs you provided on 6# is not complete, you can upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here)
2019-4-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_AoHx3tXhyYTP Posted at 4-16 16:39

Hi there, please check my posts on 16# for a troubleshooting, thank you.
2019-4-18
Use props
djiuser_AoHx3tXhyYTP
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-18 20:30
Hi there, please check my posts on 16# for a troubleshooting, thank you.

I’ve done everything correctly, according to the DJI firmware update tutorial and the update still fails.
image.jpg
2019-4-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_AoHx3tXhyYTP Posted at 4-22 16:13
I’ve done everything correctly, according to the DJI firmware update tutorial and the update still fails.

Hi there, can you please help export the logs for further analysis? Please upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here.
2019-4-22
Use props
SEIL PARK
lvl.1
South Korea

I also experienced the same problem as above, so I got it replaced with a new product this week from DJI Support. However, the same problem is happening with the new product, and the upgrade to the 1.8.0.70 version has not been done yet.

DJI seems to have to feel more serious about this issue. First of all, I ask for a clear answer why this issue only occur in Ronin S purchased in 2019, but not in products purchased in 2018.
2019-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SEIL PARK Posted at 4-23 00:07
I also experienced the same problem as above, so I got it replaced with a new product this week from DJI Support. However, the same problem is happening with the new product, and the upgrade to the 1.8.0.70 version has not been done yet.

DJI seems to have to feel more serious about this issue. First of all, I ask for a clear answer why this issue only occur in Ronin S purchased in 2019, but not in products purchased in 2018.

Hi SEIL PARK, sorry to know the replacement has the same problem, our engineers are working on locating the problem, I will keep you posted once there is any update. We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience caused, please use the previous firmware temporarily.
2019-4-23
Use props
David Watson
New

United States

I just purchase a new Ronin S and successfully updated my firmware from version 1.4 through 1.7 successfully. On trying to upgrade to 1.8, I am experiencing the same kind of error: The download completes, it begins to install, the fails with the error "Device Connection is unstable". I've tried different computers, different cables, with the gimbal on, with it of, with the base on, with the base off, and every combination of the two. Same issue.

I have been able to successfully downgrade to 1.7, but I need the Nikon Z6 functionality of 1.8
2019-4-23
Use props
Ronin Beginner
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-18 20:19
Hi Ronin Beginner, sorry for the troubles on updating the firmware, I didn't hear of there is a server error, may I verify how did you contact our support? Please PM me your contact info.
When the latest firmware fails to be updated, please re-plug the cable, then restart the gimbal and update again.
If there is still no luck, please post the screenshot of the error message here and export the logs for further analysis, thank you.

I've tried those steps countless times already and it still does not work. Here's a screenshot of the error message that I'm getting.

2019-4-23
Use props
Ronin Beginner
lvl.1
United States

Hi Ronin Beginner, sorry for the troubles on updating the firmware, I didn't hear of there is a server error, may I verify how did you contact our support? Please PM me your contact info.

Here's a copy of my log file from today.

ronins_log

Please help me resolve this ASAP. If I do not hear back by tomorrow I will return the unit. I don't want to miss my opportunity to return it if it turns out to be a hardware issue.

Thank You!
2019-4-23
Use props
Ronin Beginner
lvl.1
United States

Hi Ronin Beginner, sorry for the troubles on updating the firmware, I didn't hear of there is a server error, may I verify how did you contact our support? Please PM me your contact info.

ronins_log

Please help me resolve this ASAP. If I do not hear back by tomorrow I will return the unit. I don't want to miss my opportunity to return it if it turns out to be a hardware issue.

Thank You!
2019-4-23
Use props
Ronin Beginner
lvl.1
United States

Ronin Beginner Posted at 4-23 17:19

ronins_log

I don't know what is wrong with your site but here's the link.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CatAOw3rFV1re08irGXA1Te2VbJ7MTZm
2019-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry for the trouble caused, please try to update again and let us know if it works this time, thank you.
2019-4-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

David Watson Posted at 4-23 15:59
I just purchase a new Ronin S and successfully updated my firmware from version 1.4 through 1.7 successfully. On trying to upgrade to 1.8, I am experiencing the same kind of error: The download completes, it begins to install, the fails with the error "Device Connection is unstable". I've tried different computers, different cables, with the gimbal on, with it of, with the base on, with the base off, and every combination of the two. Same issue.

I have been able to successfully downgrade to 1.7, but I need the Nikon Z6 functionality of 1.8

Hi David, sorry for the trouble caused, please try to update again and let us know if it works this time, thank you.
2019-4-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SEIL PARK Posted at 4-23 00:07

DJI seems to have to feel more serious about this issue. First of all, I ask for a clear answer why this issue only occur in Ronin S purchased in 2019, but not in products purchased in 2018.

Hi SEIL, an update for this issue, our engineers have made some changes, please try to update again and let us know if it works this time, thank you.
2019-4-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_AoHx3tXhyYTP Posted at 4-22 16:13

Hi there, could you please try again and let us know if it works this time? Thank you.
2019-4-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi all, per our engineers, could you please try to update again and keep us updated if the latest firmware can be updated successfully this time? Thank you.
2019-4-24
Use props
Ronin Beginner
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-24 00:13
Hi all, per our engineers, could you please try to update again and keep us updated if the latest firmware can be updated successfully this time? Thank you.

Thank you, whatever they did fixed my issue. It updated on the first try.
2019-4-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Ronin Beginner Posted at 4-24 08:18
Thank you, whatever they did fixed my issue. It updated on the first try.

Glad to hear that, if there is any further problem, please keep me updated without hesitation.
2019-4-24
Use props
djiuser_AoHx3tXhyYTP
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-24 00:12
Hi there, could you please try again and let us know if it works this time? Thank you.

Unfortunately it still will not update to V1.8.0.70.
2019-4-27
Use props
djiuser_AoHx3tXhyYTP
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_AoHx3tXhyYTP Posted at 4-27 14:07
Unfortunately it still will not update to V1.8.0.70.

I tried something different and the update failed at 99%, however the app shows the newest version and I am able to control the EOS R. Thanks for your help!
2019-4-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_AoHx3tXhyYTP Posted at 4-27 14:19
I tried something different and the update failed at 99%, however the app shows the newest version and I am able to control the EOS R. Thanks for your help!

Alright, please keep testing and let us know if there is any other problem.
2019-4-28
Use props
See me Ronin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 869544 ft
South Africa

Hi DJI,

I'm having similar issues. I opened up my new Ronin S today. I returned my previous RS. This one doesn't beep when I turn it on. It doesn't respond well at all. I've tried updating the firmware and the upload fails at 99%, on all the versions.  (device Gimbal(3) is not connected!)

I dearly hope I don't have to return it again.
2019-5-3
Use props
Juan Dji
lvl.1

Mexico

FAILED FIRMWARE UPDATE!!!
2019-5-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi Juan Dji, sorry for the troubles on updating the firmware, how about updating to V1.8.0.70? Did it fail again? Please unplug the Type-C cable and reboot the device, refresh again when the Ronin-S is powering on to see if the issue persists, thank you.
2019-5-21
Use props
Juan Dji
lvl.1

Mexico

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-21 02:27
Hi Juan Dji, sorry for the troubles on updating the firmware, how about updating to V1.8.0.70? Did it fail again? Please unplug the Type-C cable and reboot the device, refresh again when the Ronin-S is powering on to see if the issue persists, thank you.

I'm still failing the most recent update
2019-5-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Juan Dji Posted at 5-21 07:49
[view_image]

I'm still failing the most recent update

If the issue persists, please export the logs for further analysis, we also need the serial number, thank you.
2019-5-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules