Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Get GPS data of video file
10231 8 2019-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sebko
lvl.1

Germany

Hey,
I am using a DJI Matric 100. I am trying to retrieve the GPS data of my recorded video files. I am using an Android device and the DJI GO app (before p4). I am not able to generate a .srt file. I have a flight data .txt file but this file is not for one video but for one flight. I really need the GPS data of each frame of the video, so do you have any idea how to generate such a file. Another possibility is that I somehow can crop my flight data file so that it matches a video that was recorded during the flight. But I have no clü how because there is no hint when a recording starts, but if you know how please help.

Hope you can help me

2019-3-14
Use props
flyingfun
First Officer
Flight distance : 2551998 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Hello the video files are not containing  gps data
2019-3-14
Use props
sebko
lvl.1

Germany

flyingfun Posted at 3-14 13:42
Hello the video files are not containing  gps data

Yes, I know.
I want to generate a file which gps data is in sync with the video file.  I know that I can't retrieve gps data from already recorded video files.
But I know it must be possible because with the Phantom, Mavic ... you can generate a .srt file that contains the gps data of the video file. But seemingly that is not possible with the Matrice 100.
I can get the gps data of a whole flight with the Matrice 100 but unfortunately, that data is then not in sync with the video file.
2019-3-14
Use props
Keule
Captain
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

sebko Posted at 3-14 23:14
Yes, I know.
I want to generate a file which gps data is in sync with the video file.  I know that I can't retrieve gps data from already recorded video files.
But I know it must be possible because with the Phantom, Mavic ... you can generate a .srt file that contains the gps data of the video file. But seemingly that is not possible with the Matrice 100.

Convert your logfile from the aircraft to .CSV (it's easy when you have a Airdata.com account)
In the CSV search for a column named 'IsVideo'
If no video was taken, the value is 0, otherwise 1.
(while you are recording video, the value remains '1')

Each row in that .CSV has the exact postition in lat/long format.
Manually reference your footage with the log files rows containing IsVideo == 1.

In the final step you can now synchronize the .csv and your footage using Racerender superimposing your desired data (Similar to .SRT files showing up as subtitles)
2019-3-15
Use props
sebko
lvl.1

Germany

Keule Posted at 3-15 04:46
Convert your logfile from the aircraft to .CSV (it's easy when you have a Airdata.com account)
In the CSV search for a column named 'IsVideo'
If no video was taken, the value is 0, otherwise 1.

Thanks, I was using a different online decoder which didn't generate the isVideo column but with airdata.com it worked.
2019-3-15
Use props
GreyFlybird
Flight distance : 406250 ft
United Kingdom

Use VLC media player and turn on subtitle > subtrack. This gives GPS Height, speed etc as it goes along.
2022-7-29
Use props
lifenergy
lvl.1

Bulgaria

GreyFlybird Posted at 2022-7-29 12:40
Use VLC media player and turn on subtitle > subtrack. This gives GPS Height, speed etc as it goes along.

Hi, GreyFlybird and the others here. If VLC is able to show Video + GPS, velocity and other data, can this all be streamed live? I need to get my Phantom 4 Pro's video, GPS and orientation to another device.
2023-9-7
Use props
gossi123
New

Pakistan

Hey,

I am using a DJI Matric 100 for my flights. I'm trying to retrieve the GPS data from my recorded video files, using an Android device and the DJI GO app (before p4). Unfortunately, I'm unable to generate a .srt file. I have a flight data .txt file covering the entire flight rather than individual video frames. My goal is to obtain GPS data for each frame of the video. If you have any insights on generating such a file or if there's a way to match the flight data file with a specific video recording from that flight, I'd greatly appreciate your help.

I hope you can assist me with this, even though it's unrelated to taxis like https://13cabstaxis.com.au/!

Best regards,
2023-9-7
Use props
gossi123
New

Pakistan

Hey,

I am using a DJI Matric 100 for my flights. I'm trying to retrieve the GPS data from my recorded video files, using an Android device and the DJI GO app (before p4). Unfortunately, I'm unable to generate a .srt file. I have a flight data .txt file covering the entire flight rather than individual video frames. My goal is to obtain GPS data for each frame of the video. If you have any insights on generating such a file or if there's a way to match the flight data file with a specific video recording from that flight, I'd greatly appreciate your help.

I hope you can assist me with this, even though it's unrelated to taxis like https://13cabstaxis.com.au/ !

Best regards,
2023-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules