Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Bird -- Dead battery?
906 11 2019-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JPilotR
First Officer
Flight distance : 584662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good day all!

So I found a needle in a haystack at Walmart -- a P4P V2.0 -- at clearance prices ($1099 USD), while cruising through the electronics section after some grocery shopping.

Ecstatic, I immediatly bought it. I now have it at home and am beginning to explore my new P4P V2.0. However, I think the battery is in "self hibernation mode"? I had done some forum searches and that is all I could find on it. Unfortunately I could not find any reset procedures save the idea of pressing the power button as I plug it in to the charger. So far nothing. I am going to leave it plugged in for a couple hours just in case it needs some time.

That said, I am not missing anything am I? Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
2019-3-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that. Yes, it's correct that you just need to leave it until it charges itself to exit the hibernation mode. Please keep us posted. Thanks!
2019-3-14
Use props
JPilotR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hey Gamora! Thanks again for the assistance! I will leave it alone and let the battery do its thing then. I will post if it doesn't wake up.
2019-3-14
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

No telling how long it's been sitting around, since they haven't even produced any in five months.
2019-3-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JPilotR Posted at 3-14 12:07
Hey Gamora! Thanks again for the assistance! I will leave it alone and let the battery do its thing then. I will post if it doesn't wake up.

Ok. sure. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support.
2019-3-14
Use props
JPilotR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-14 15:41
Ok. sure. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support.

So far no go on that battery. I know it isn't the charger as the remote charged up and turned on just fine. I do have some other batteries coming tomorrow anyway so I will be able to test the drone regardless. But as for the dead battery, how do I set up a return for warranty work?
2019-3-14
Use props
Air/America
First Officer

United States

Did you find the drone with all the accessories complete and in the DJI box on the shelf? Did you find the drone in the plexiglass display case and the DJI box and accessories were in a box somewhere in the back room?

2019-3-15
Use props
JPilotR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Air/America Posted at 3-15 05:54
Did you find the drone with all the accessories complete and in the DJI box on the shelf? Did you find the drone in the plexiglass display case and the DJI box and accessories were in a box somewhere in the back room?

The box was completely sealed and unopened. All accessories were present. It wasn't a fly more bundle, it was just the bird and the basics. In fact, they actually had one more in stock. Was tempted to buy it too as it was so cheap. But I guess I chose the wrong box!
2019-3-15
Use props
Air/America
First Officer

United States

JPilotR Posted at 3-15 06:29
The box was completely sealed and unopened. All accessories were present. It wasn't a fly more bundle, it was just the bird and the basics. In fact, they actually had one more in stock. Was tempted to buy it too as it was so cheap. But I guess I chose the wrong box!

Walmart where?   : - )

2019-3-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JPilotR Posted at 3-14 21:47
So far no go on that battery. I know it isn't the charger as the remote charged up and turned on just fine. I do have some other batteries coming tomorrow anyway so I will be able to test the drone regardless. But as for the dead battery, how do I set up a return for warranty work?

I'm sorry to hear that. About that, you may just reach one of our support channels in order for you to have assistance with regards to this. Just go to this link https://www.dji.com/support
Best regards!
2019-3-15
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

JPilotR Posted at 3-15 06:29
The box was completely sealed and unopened. All accessories were present. It wasn't a fly more bundle, it was just the bird and the basics. In fact, they actually had one more in stock. Was tempted to buy it too as it was so cheap. But I guess I chose the wrong box!

You still got a heck of a deal my friend! Yeah, what Walmart was that? LOL Pretty sure DJI will warranty that battery for you, but even if that don't work out in your favor, great buy!
2019-3-15
Use props
JPilotR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SOOOOO, luckily the Walmart had ANOTHER in stock. I took the simple route and exchanged it for the other P4P per DJI support suggestion. Low and behold, the battery on the exchanged product seems to work and charge fine (fingers crossed - the lights came on with no errors). Assuming all will be well, again, crossing fingers, I just need to swap the DJI Care Refresh I purchased for the original Serial Number product onto the new Serial Number. I already emailed support, so hopefully that will work out no problem.

Next step once the battery is charged is update firmware and take it for a test flight! Oh yeah, I need to register it too with the FAA. Better do that.

Thanks to everyone with all the good suggestions. This forum is awesome! I hope I get this bird flying with no more problems!

PS - DJI did jump on this issue right away with support and suggestions and was very receptive to my questions. I know there aren't too many stories posted of good support experiences, so I thought I would post this as a good experience.
2019-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules