Second Gimbal Malfunction in 11 months on 2 Mavic's!
783 6 2019-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GMP3
lvl.1

United States

I purchased a Mavic Pro Alpine White in April 2018 with the DJI Care Refresh for an additional $99. In July 2018, I experienced the well-known gimbal malfunction, where the camera furiously moves up/down a few times and then relays an overload error to the remote. I sent the aircraft back to DJI and it was replaced with a different aircraft in a few weeks. About a month ago, I experienced the same exact problem AGAIN! I flew the drone without any issues, went to fly the next day and got the dreadful error message with the gimbal moving up/down very fast & hard. Given I’ve had this new aircraft for a little over 7 months, I contacted DJI, made a case reference and sent the aircraft back for repair/replacement.

Flash forward 3 weeks and the “damage assessment” has been completed. I put that in quotes as I don’t think any assessment was done at all, given that I’ve asked for specific details and have yet to receive a response from DJI on what was found to be the cause of the malfunction. I was also quoted $79 to repair the drone and have it sent back. A 7 month old Mavic with zero crash history has to be replaced at my expense because of a well-known gimbal malfunction that is constantly being posted on forums and websites alike??

I’m incredibly frustrated on many fronts here. The DJI Care Refresh for $99 seems to just give me the option to replace the drone for $79 regardless of what I did to it. In this instance, I did nothing wrong, had zero crashes (which my logs can support) and still am being quoted $79 to repair the gimbal because its outside of the 6 month warranty window. Next, the lack of communication from them is appalling as promised emails within 24-48 hours are never received and updates are only given after you contact them to find out the status. I asked to have it escalated to management as this is the second drone I’ve had with the same issue and I keep getting the same response of “it’s outside the 6 month warranty window.” I’ve also asked for the details of the damage assessment, yet they haven’t been able to provide that to me, which makes me wonder if one was even done at all to determine who is at fault.

Great product and customer support for $1200 bucks.

2019-3-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi GMP3, we are sincerely sorry for the troubles with the gimbal and the unpleasant experience with our customer support team. They are just following up the after-sales policy that the warranty service cannot be provided because the warranty period has been expired. Your concern and frustration will be escalated to the higher level team to follow up, we will have someone to contact you soon to see if there is any better resolution can be provided, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-3-14
Use props
GMP3
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-14 20:29
Hi GMP3, we are sincerely sorry for the troubles with the gimbal and the unpleasant experience with our customer support team. They are just following up the after-sales policy that the warranty service cannot be provided because the warranty period has been expired. Your concern and frustration will be escalated to the higher level team to follow up, we will have someone to contact you soon to see if there is any better resolution can be provided, please wait patiently, thank you.

Thanks Mindy. What I don't understand is that - yes the specific part may be beyond the 6 month warranty window, but isn't the point of the "damage assessment" to find out what is 1. broken and 2. what is causing it to malfunction? If I handled the drone with care during the time I had it with no crashes, shouldn't that be a sign that the problem is either software or a defect as I'm not the only one to experience the same issue? That should be weighed during the assessment instead of just looking up the purchase date and reverting 2 weeks later to say its past the 6 month warranty window.
2019-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

GMP3 Posted at 3-15 04:14
Thanks Mindy. What I don't understand is that - yes the specific part may be beyond the 6 month warranty window, but isn't the point of the "damage assessment" to find out what is 1. broken and 2. what is causing it to malfunction? If I handled the drone with care during the time I had it with no crashes, shouldn't that be a sign that the problem is either software or a defect as I'm not the only one to experience the same issue? That should be weighed during the assessment instead of just looking up the purchase date and reverting 2 weeks later to say its past the 6 month warranty window.

I understand your concern, your request will be forwarded to the team to look into, our manager will contact you in working hours, appreciate your patience.
2019-3-16
Use props
GMP3
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-16 18:32
I understand your concern, your request will be forwarded to the team to look into, our manager will contact you in working hours, appreciate your patience.

Well, my drone's repaired status went to completed!! Received the drone today and its the same damaged drone I sent back to DJI for repair. Not sure why they would send it back to me while I was dealing with customer service regarding the gimbal malfunction? What is the point of that??
DJI is so lazy, they used the same packaging material I sent the drone in to them, same box and all! The gimbal clamp was missing and the box was heavily damaged, so the drone is definitely in worse condition now after being in your possession and gone through transit.

Also - never got any response from the escalation.

Thanks for a wonderful experience, now I have a $1200 paper weight.
2019-3-20
Use props
djiuser_7zQRbtgrog8J
New
Canada

GMP3 Posted at 3-20 15:07
Well, my drone's repaired status went to completed!! Received the drone today and its the same damaged drone I sent back to DJI for repair. Not sure why they would send it back to me while I was dealing with customer service regarding the gimbal malfunction? What is the point of that??
DJI is so lazy, they used the same packaging material I sent the drone in to them, same box and all! The gimbal clamp was missing and the box was heavily damaged, so the drone is definitely in worse condition now after being in your possession and gone through transit.

You know what this is dji you can use it like that
They never repect customers!
2019-3-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

GMP3 Posted at 3-20 15:07

We are so sorry to know the drone was sent back during the escalation progress, I have transferred to the team to check what happened and we will have someone to contact you, please wait patiently, thanks.
2019-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules